Headlight correction following level

Macarrra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Finally fitted the Fox 2.5 coilovers as a level kit.

Everything is great, achieved the desired look and performance, and the larger tires I wanted.

Just noticed recently that my lowbeams are blinding everyone, both in my lane and in the opposite one (the front was raised, rear remained stock)

Does anyone who has done a similar level know the proper/easiest wat to adjust the low beams so they point lower?

Many thanks in advance
Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I have not leveled my 21 yet, but my 2012 and 2016 were both leveled and both required the headlights to be adjusted after the level. I had mine done at the dealership both times. I would assume this year model will be no different.

OP
OP
Macarrra

Macarrra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I have not leveled my 21 yet, but my 2012 and 2016 were both leveled and both required the headlights to be adjusted after the level. I had mine done at the dealership both times. I would assume this year model will be no different.
Thanks for that Bravo

I've never done it before and figured maybe I could do it myself

Will wait till I've done all the work (adding canopies), rear airbags, etc) until I pay for them to adjust it I guess

Thanks for the input

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
There is usually some type of screw to raise or lower the trajectory on the headlight housing. I remember reading somewhere it might be plastic so just have to be careful

OP
OP
Macarrra

Macarrra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
There is usually some type of screw to raise or lower the trajectory on the headlight housing. I remember reading somewhere it might be plastic so just have to be careful
Thanks

Just found this

Its for the 2017 but tomo I will see if there's anything similar on the 21

Sponsored

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know how to adjust the auto leveling headlights? Mine are functioning correctly after the level but the light level now must be blinding everyone because I’m getting flashed like crazy at night lol. I checked under the hood and didn’t see any adjustment screws….

Leveled headlights make sense with the extreme factory rake but with a level they need to be adjusted down. Hoping someone can help out there. I haven’t found anything in the manual or on the internets.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I did mine myself it took 2 minutes per side, very easy. I have an xlt 302a with the quad led reflectors so not sure about the rest but for mine it’s just a plastic Phillips head screw on top of the headlight that you rotate clockwise to bring the beam down. Mine took about 6 full turns to bottom out so I left it at 5 full clockwise turns to get them where I wanted them. I added a 2.5 inch level and 35s so I had to come down a lot. I’m sure 3-4 full turns down will be okay for the majority of people.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Every car on the planet has the instructions in the manual. I just wish people had the foresight to think about it BEFORE they go blinding people.

“Hey I lifted the front of my car 3 inches, now I think my headlights are too high”, lol.

Mjp8540

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
There is a philips screw for each side even for the auto adjusting lights.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I can confirm that there are no adjustment screws on the platinum self leveling headlights. I did look in the manual and there is nothing…

My shop didn’t adjust them because they didn’t have the screws like everyone is talking about. They called a dealer today and learned the auto leveling lights have the ability for a “slight” adjustment but it’s more complex than just turning some screws below the hood…I’m bringing it in Wednesday.

Sponsored

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Every car on the planet has the instructions in the manual. I just wish people had the foresight to think about it BEFORE they go blinding people.

“Hey I lifted the front of my car 3 inches, now I think my headlights are too high”, lol.
Feel free to post the manual instructions…

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I can confirm that there are no adjustment screws on the platinum self leveling headlights. I did look in the manual and there is nothing…

My shop didn’t adjust them because they didn’t have the screws like everyone is talking about. They called a dealer today and learned the auto leveling lights have the ability for a “slight” adjustment but it’s more complex than just turning some screws below the hood…I’m bringing it in Wednesday.
The self levelling projector lamps definitely have adjustment screws. I know this because I adjusted mine after having a 4” lift installed. It takes 2 minutes to fix.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Ok thanks everyone…I apparently don’t know how to find it in the online manual smh. My bad.
Sponsored