Mr. Powerboost

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited, 21 Bronco OB Sas, 65 Fastback
Hey guys,

I saw the unveiling of the 2023 Super Duty trucks. As an owner of a F-150 Limited, I was quite jealous of the new Super Duty Limited trim offering a new HUD and tailgate (Drop Down) camera. I feel like these features would make the F-150 perfect along with an auto lock feature where the doors automatically lock when you walk away from the vehicle. I also saw that they are showing off the same max recline seats that have been removed from every 2022 F-150 order. I wonder if they will actually make it in these trucks when they ship? Do you see these new features as something Ford could offer for us in 2023? I'd be willing to trade up for that.
Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Guess we'll have to wait and see. But my guess is max recline will either be *late availability or owners will be waiting close to a year to get their limited super duty orders built 'as ordered'.

OP
OP

Mr. Powerboost

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited, 21 Bronco OB Sas, 65 Fastback
Guess we'll have to wait and see. But my guess is max recline will either be *late availability or owners will be waiting close to a year to get their limited super duty orders built 'as ordered'.
They scheduled my 2022 F-150 Limited order for production with those seats deleted and without my knowledge. As a matter of fact massaging seats were also deleted. To add to the disappointment, the 22 Limited is almost 4 grand more than I paid for my 2021 fully loaded. I'll be leaving it at the alter.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Do you see these new features as something Ford could offer for us in 2023?
If there is the usual mid-cycle refresh that's a prep for the Gen15 in '26, then I think there's a good chance. So if by 2023 you mean to order in a MY24, then possibly.

The 12" screen came in on the last year (MY22) of the Gen4 SuperDuty after doing the MY20 refresh, so Ford sometimes will wait until the last minute to drop a new feature.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
There's big changes coming for sync 4 -- I think we'll be able to see many features trickle out between all of the lines. The new 250 stuff is based off of the 150's stuff. We'll see all kinds of retrofitting going on.

I'd bet you'll find that all of the trailer features will be incorporated OTA when the kits come out (360 trailer cameras as well as BLIS radars). The F150 and Mach-E as well as the new 250 stuff are all cell phone based processors (ARM) (not exactly cell specific, but they're full fledged computers with GPUs, etc). When unreal gets integrated things are going to just keep getting better. I hope ford opens up the architecture more for 3rd parties in the same way other entertainment architectures do. These systems have USB, Ethernet, SATA, PCI gen 3 lanes, etc...

Lots of potential and ford has to make full use of it as competitors will be. The "OS' and hardware will much the same throughout all of the product stack. There's no telling what we''ll end up being able to cobble together.

I expect 5G TCUs to be able to be swapped in, etc... Hoping to retrofit a HUD myself. I'll chop up a dash piece for the retrofit.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Hud is nice, don't see that coming to the 2023 f-150s. It would already be announced. Same with the tailgate down camera.

I did notice the new built in steps on the sides of the bed and rear bumper. I like that.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I suspect both could get added as early as the refresh for the 14th gen....2024 maybe?
Sponsored