HDPP with Hybrid?

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
I’m wondering if anyone has information on if the 3.5 Hybrid can be ordered with the Heavy Duty Payload Package (627) on an XLT 301A?

The order guide indicates HDPP requires 3.5 Eco or 5.0.

However, the promotional material indicates the Hybrid has 12,000lb towing on an XL 4x2 with Max Tow. Which then gets strange in the order guide because under Max Tow(53C) it indicates the XL requires the HDPP in order to get Max Tow.

Seems like one of these requirements must wrong....unless Ford has an unstated exception making the Hybrid + HDPP an XL only unicorn truck?

A bit of a puzzle. The wait for the build your own is too long!
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Information from WBDO that is the Ford Dealer ordering system...

Hybrid is only available on the Super Crew and I cannot find the HPP on any of them with the engine.

Oddly enough I did the XL 100 and 101 and you cannot get the HPP or Max Tow...

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Sadly I think the hybrid is a non option with HDPP. Similarly The XLT sport appearance package is also not available with HDPP, that one I'm struggling to understand. Other than the accent color step bars which are included, the rest is paint vs chrome which doesn't change the weight.

I also wish you could option HDPP with Lariat like previously, yeah it would be far less payload capacity than the XL or XLT with HDPP. However I bet it would be the greatest payload capacity Lariat you could spec, by far.

OP
OP

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
Thanks Albert for testing this out. Will be interesting what combo Ford uses to quote Max tow on Hybrid, perhaps will see more when the payload and towing specs come out.

For me personally, we are interested in the hybrid, so looking forward to seeing how much of the Hybrid’s higher 7350# GVWR makes it to payload after the hybrid gear. On the plus side giving up on HDPP allows the higher trims. :)

Thanks again.

Sponsored

drzwiki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
HDPP has specific HD alum wheels so its not available with anything that changes the wheels, like the Appearance Packages.. I'm also waiting to see if HDPP+Hybrid is available. the configurator preview says no, hoping that is not permanent. you can do max tow + hybrid. guess we need to wait to see one in the wild to get the payload number.

drzwiki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I hope there is a good reason for not offering HDPP with hybrid. I figured the 7.2KW power on board option would make for a perfect rig to pull my camper. I have to wonder if the heavier hybrid is already using the heavier springs so no where to upgrade to.
Sponsored