HD frame and 9.75 rear end w/ 3.73 gears

Predator

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2019 Escape
Finally checking out the stickers under my truck found it has the HD frame and the 9.75 rear end but it didn't come with the payload package or towing package just the 3.73 gears option is this normal
Sponsored

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
Finally checking out the stickers under my truck found it has the HD frame and the 9.75 rear end but it didn't come with the payload package or towing package just the 3.73 gears option is this normal
can you provide a few more details? Which engine and was the 3.73 a listed option or part of some pkg?

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
looks like that baby was built to tow -
Trailer brake controller, trailer tow package (NC), anti-sway control
you should be good for pulling around 8,000 lbs minimum

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
It shows you have skid plates. That means you have the FX4, or is that not a Canadian thing? I have the 2.7 with the 3.73/9.75” ELA. I could only get the 3.73 because of the 2.7 + FX4 combination.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If you select the 3.73 gears in any configuration, you will get the 9.75” axle and depending on other factors you can also get the 3/4 floating 9.75” axle.

This is a table of the frame thicknesses another member compiled:

Ford F-150 HD frame and 9.75 rear end w/ 3.73 gears 9CC37F47-89A9-4A73-8AF1-598A2A0CDDCA

OP
OP
Predator

Predator

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2019 Escape
It shows you have skid plates. That means you have the FX4, or is that not a Canadian thing? I have the 2.7 with the 3.73/9.75” ELA. I could only get the 3.73 because of the 2.7 + FX4 combination.
No fx4 package 3.73 and skid plates can be ordered separately

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
If you select the 3.73 gears in any configuration, you will get the 9.75” axle and depending on other factors you can also get the 3/4 floating 9.75” axle.

9CC37F47-89A9-4A73-8AF1-598A2A0CDDCA.jpeg
Very nice chart, thank you. I feel better knowing I have the thickest frame available on a supercrew. Lol

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician

9CC37F47-89A9-4A73-8AF1-598A2A0CDDCA.jpeg
Can you help me decipher this chart. WB is wheelbase, HDPP is ?, 2.7PP is 2.7 eco engine? MT is ?, PB is powerboost hybrid?, F-thickness is entire frame or just portions that were beefed up? Sec. Modulus is ? Sooooooo......does a powerboost truck automatically get a thicker frame and the floating beefed up axle and driveshaft like max tow package? Thanks! I have a Lariat powerboost 4x4 ordered with every possible option except gigantic moose ear towing mirrors, max tow, and block heater. Was afraid max tow package would ride rough.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Can you help me decipher this chart. WB is wheelbase, HDPP is ?, 2.7PP is 2.7 eco engine? MT is ?, PB is powerboost hybrid?, F-thickness is entire frame or just portions that were beefed up? Sec. Modulus is ? Sooooooo......does a powerboost truck automatically get a thicker frame and the floating beefed up axle and driveshaft like max tow package? Thanks! I have a Lariat powerboost 4x4 ordered with every possible option except gigantic moose ear towing mirrors, max tow, and block heater. Was afraid max tow package would ride rough.
I did some research on my truck (Lariat PowerBoost FX4 w/ Tow Tech) and another truck (XLT PowerBoost FX4 w/ Max Tow). It appears the PowerBoost gets the same frame and 9.75 axle and shocks as the Max Tow when equipped with FX4, but a Max Tow without FX4 gets shocks labeled as H/D Tuned Shocks.

The only difference I could find was while both listed the 9.75" Rear, it listed the Max Tow as having:
9.75 HD Axle Shaft (OBH61)

Mine doesn't list anything for Axle Shaft, and another Lariat FX4 Non-Max Tow I found also didn't. So I assume a non-Max Tow truck gets a standard 9.75 Axle Shaft and not the HD one. The only other clear difference not outlined on the Build and Price site is that the Max Tow and HDPP trucks get a stronger Parking Brake.

On mine it lists:
PARKING BRAKE- ELECTRIC-MEDIUM (FAJAL)
On the Max Tow Truck:
PARKING BRAKE - ELECTRIC-HEAVY (FAJAM)

In another thread I saw, someone listed the force application difference between the two. So if you do get a PB truck without Max Tow, keep in mind you don't seem to automatically get the parts that get you to Max Tow in all areas. I suspect the axle is fine for most loads even not being HD, but I would still be cautious. And if parking on a hill, don't rely just on the parking brake if the trailer is attached (probably good advice regardless of parking brake really).

Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I did some research on my truck (Lariat PowerBoost FX4 w/ Tow Tech) and another truck (XLT PowerBoost FX4 w/ Max Tow). It appears the PowerBoost gets the same frame and 9.75 axle and shocks as the Max Tow when equipped with FX4, but a Max Tow without FX4 gets shocks labeled as H/D Tuned Shocks.

The only difference I could find was while both listed the 9.75" Rear, it listed the Max Tow as having:
9.75 HD Axle Shaft (OBH61)

Mine doesn't list anything for Axle Shaft, and another Lariat FX4 Non-Max Tow I found also didn't. So I assume a non-Max Tow truck gets a standard 9.75 Axle Shaft and not the HD one. The only other clear difference not outlined on the Build and Price site is that the Max Tow and HDPP trucks get a stronger Parking Brake.

On mine it lists:
PARKING BRAKE- ELECTRIC-MEDIUM (FAJAL)
On the Max Tow Truck:
PARKING BRAKE - ELECTRIC-HEAVY (FAJAM)

In another thread I saw, someone listed the force application difference between the two. So if you do get a PB truck without Max Tow, keep in mind you don't seem to automatically get the parts that get you to Max Tow in all areas. I suspect the axle is fine for most loads even not being HD, but I would still be cautious. And if parking on a hill, don't rely just on the parking brake if the trailer is attached (probably good advice regardless of parking brake really).
What would be interesting is to physically look under back of a truck with max tow and compare it with how your powerboost rear axle looks with shape of diff cover and number of bolts to see if they look the same.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I can remember when Heavy Duty Radiators and auxiliary Transmission Coolers were optional or included in some (trailer tow?) packages. I wonder why these aren't available anymore, maybe they're automatically included or engines and transmissions are just built better nowadays?
Sponsored