Sponsored

Having second thoughts….should I cancel my order?

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
I was wondering about the wheel wells as well, any recs on ford versus third party? Easy to install?
Last 2 trucks had Factory installed rear wheel liners and purchased Ford splash guards with Ford points.

Have installed on other trucks wheel well liners and splash guards from Husky, Weather tech and there are others. Make sure to buy wheel well liners and splash guards that include ALL mounting hardware. There are a few that do not. Make sure splash guards come with the inside support arm that connects from the inside of the splash to the lower fender.

All easy installs, doing the wheel liners on a warm sunny day helps with them in flexing in place.

A good Channel Locks works good to push the no drill clips into place.
Sponsored

Horskrzy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost Hybrid
I've had my 2022 King Ranch since Aug 22. During the first 4-5 months I've had several gremlins, some minor, some loud and startling. What I can say is that the past 3 months have been free of any issues (now I've jinxed it!). So it appears with time, the many issues that just needed software tweaking, are now resolved. As to "hardware" issues, that's a whole nother beast/issue. One very critical thing to remember is that forums like this amplify or hyper-focus on the issues. If you could tally the number of F-150s with reported issues vs those that have none or very minor & fixed issues, it would probably be a very, very small percentage of the total produced.

As to my truck, I love it and have no regrets. I think you'll find that your Platinum will "rock" once you get it and figure everything out! Remember, every brand out there has its problems.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
Kangio

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB Platinum RR BAP in production 4/5/23
I am used to dealing with Gremlins after being an early adopter with the MachE, but most of those issues are software and usually fixed OTA (which is a whole separate problem with Ford).

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I am used to dealing with Gremlins after being an early adopter with the MachE, but most of those issues are software and usually fixed OTA (which is a whole separate problem with Ford).
Mine has been great. I beat the hell out of it trying to get the HVBJB to fail but it refuses.

Scotty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Well, so far, so good. 2023 Tremor package with 3.5 ecoboost 401a, tow package, front diff option. At two weeks and 500 miles seems very solid. It replaced a 1996 Dodge 12 valve cummins. What a difference 27 years makes between trucks.

The power and smoothness are amazing.

When I took delivery, I did a detailed look over and test drive. The electronics scare the bejesus out of me. But trying to learn as much as I can. There was nothing on the 12 valve Cummins I could not diagnose or fix. Now, this truck out of my league. I will report issues if I have any.

Sponsored

TheCleaner

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 eco boost
Occupation
Ex Cleaner
My first F150 is now in production (F150 4x4 PF Platinum 701A BAP), and I have never been so excited about a new car or truck. Unfortunately I’ve spent much of my time recently skimming the forum threads and trying to learn more about this truck. Two issues that really concern me are the “pedal vibration” and the “rough idle” problems that many have posted about.

I get it, usually forums over represent the problems people are experiencing, but some of these threads make it sound like these two problems are inevitable.. I can’t imagine getting stuck with an $80k+ vehicle that doesn’t provide a smooth and comfortable ride.

Can anyone talk me off the ledge, please!
If a Tundra would do what you need I'd go for the Tundra. My F150 has been in the shop for over 120 days since I bought it in Sept 2021. Not even for just same problem. I wish I'd bought a smaller trailer so I could have kept my Tunder, that never had anything go wrong on it.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
If a Tundra would do what you need I'd go for the Tundra. My F150 has been in the shop for over 120 days since I bought it in Sept 2021. Not even for just same problem. I wish I'd bought a smaller trailer so I could have kept my Tunder, that never had anything go wrong on it.
The new Tundras have problems as well.

It's likely that any car manufactured from any make between 2021 and 2023 stands a higher chance at being a lemon.

Draw007

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Mgmt
I came out of an 09 Tundra. Waited a long time for the Gen3 Tundra only to be disappointed in the lack of competitive features like there was when they took real shots at the rest of the class in 2007.

So now I'm in the position of having to give up on Toyota legendary Reliability and roll the dice getting back into a Domestic for the first time in 13 years. On top of that once I spotted the 7.2 kw system on a truck at a lot I ended up bypassing the 5.0 and rolling the dice on the first year of the Powerboost, one of the most complicated power trains in the mass market.

12K and a year later everything is going great with it. I go to the Tundra forum I've stayed on to read up. First the 2022 Tundras were going into limp mode over the turbo waste gate. They fixed that, but now you have interior air leak problems, rattles, things breaking on the interior, other Tundras going down for engine problems. Toyota will probably sort it all out at some point. OR certain things may remain problematic through the design cycle. Who knows. This truck was delayed for a few years but they managed not to get all this squared away even in that extra development time.

You could do a Ram and risk exhaust manifold leaks or electrical problems that can plague some. A Chevy, and risk AFM issues or lifter problems.

I just decided what I liked best features wise and looks wise and took my shot. If something goes wrong that's what warranties, buy backs and early trade ins are for. If you want something not known for having any early low mileage quality problems Idonno, maybe corollas still fit that bill.
Add an inherent driveline vibration whenever traveling between 50-68 mph, a sunroof whistle (around the same speed), and a mind-of-its own infotainment screen to the current gen Ram’s list.

wesb2013

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2014 F150
Ive had my 22 f150 for about 9 months now. At first I hated the rough idle, but got used to it over time. I had a V8 before which was unbelievably smooth. In fact, I haven't noticed the rough idle for several months until I just read your post while idling in my truck, and now it'll bother me until I get home. IMO, you'll get used to it.

Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat FX4 2022 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Retired FDNY
In all the trucks I've owned, a lot, only 2 have been non Fords. They didn't last long.
The only Issue I have so far is with the infotainment system. Wireless CarPlay doesn't always connect and It goes haywire and doesn't respond sometimes. I just reset it.
My Bronco Badlands has been great.

slow3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My first F150 is now in production (F150 4x4 PF Platinum 701A BAP), and I have never been so excited about a new car or truck. Unfortunately I’ve spent much of my time recently skimming the forum threads and trying to learn more about this truck. Two issues that really concern me are the “pedal vibration” and the “rough idle” problems that many have posted about.

I get it, usually forums over represent the problems people are experiencing, but some of these threads make it sound like these two problems are inevitable.. I can’t imagine getting stuck with an $80k+ vehicle that doesn’t provide a smooth and comfortable ride.

Can anyone talk me off the ledge, please!
From what I have read, the pedal vibes are PowerBoost only.
Sponsored