Sponsored

Have to save bye to my truck for a couple days for windshield recall. ?

Fisher24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Sending my truck off to get the windshield recall handled, let’s see how this goes. Dealership is saying they need my truck for a couple days. Being that this is the first windshield recall for them, they really don’t know ho long it’s going to take. ?

Ford F-150 Have to save bye to my truck for a couple days for windshield recall. ? B21F7C9A-68CA-449C-8412-6634DC895834
Sponsored

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
Maybe they should call safelite they can replace a windshield in 20 mins. Ha ha just kidding, hopefully it goes by quicker.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Maybe they should call safelite they can replace a windshield in 20 mins. Ha ha just kidding, hopefully it goes by quicker.
For real though.
There are so many random Joe blows that will literally change a windshield while you wait.

You would think that Ford would at least send some kind of video tutorial for the dealerships to be able to get the job done more efficiently.

mr. Fisher24, if I were you I would tell them that if they don’t have any experience changing a windshield they shouldn’t be experimenting on yours.

Perhaps sending it to a third-party that knows what they’re doing. Something as vital as a windshield isn’t something to play around with.

And if you do go ahead with the dealership I really hope they at least give you a loaner for those few days.

OP
OP

Fisher24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
For real though.
There are so many random Joe blows that will literally change a windshield while you wait.

You would think that Ford would at least send some kind of video tutorial for the dealerships to be able to get the job done more efficiently.

mr. Fisher24, if I were you I would tell them that if they don’t have any experience changing a windshield they shouldn’t be experimenting on yours.

Perhaps sending it to a third-party that knows what they’re doing. Something as vital as a windshield isn’t something to play around with.

And if you do go ahead with the dealership I really hope they at least give you a loaner for those few days.
Thanks for the feedback, I’ll definitely bring this up to the dealership.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I doubt it’s changing the windshield that they are afraid of but rather making sure all your windshield mounted sensors are recalibrated properly once they are done.

Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I doubt the dealer is doing the work. I bet they outsource the removal and install then do the calibration themselves. That’s why they need two days.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I asked my dealership about this a couple weeks ago, and they said once they start to process this recall it will be done by their body shop while I wait.....NOT leaving it for days.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jb55

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
IT
I was told it would not be a replacement, but rather reinstall with new seals. I too did not want to be the guinea pig for my dealer nor do I want to leave it for 2-3 days.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Just spoke to the service advisor at my dealership to set up my first oil change and to look over a few things. He mentioned the windshield recall and stated that he asked Ford if they were to replace a previously damaged / cracked / chipped windshield. Said he has not gotten an answer yet and asked since any windshield that had damage even if repaired is at risk to get worse. I said to him funny that you bring that up because I got a rock chip from a snow plow during the first 700 miles that has been repaired by the shop that did the PPF and tint. We scheduled a couple of weeks out as he is going to see if they will approve replacing the windshield. Thought I would give you guys a head's up in case you have had any damage / repairs on yours.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance