Sponsored

Have to save bye to my truck for a couple days for windshield recall. ?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I just love it! What a boost to my confidence in Ford Motor. I saw this post, pulled up link, went to FordPass and copied my VIN and pasted it in this site and it insists that I enter a valid pin! UGH
It just worked for mine.
Ford F-150 Have to save bye to my truck for a couple days for windshield recall. ? Noname

If you inadvertently copy an extra space at the beginning or end of your VIN, it would try to read that space and fail. Not saying this is what happened, just sharing a possibility.
Sponsored

Bearii

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
no windshield recall on mine. No recalls at all for that matter and my software was just updated today.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Just spoke to the service advisor at my dealership to set up my first oil change and to look over a few things. He mentioned the windshield recall and stated that he asked Ford if they were to replace a previously damaged / cracked / chipped windshield. Said he has not gotten an answer yet and asked since any windshield that had damage even if repaired is at risk to get worse. I said to him funny that you bring that up because I got a rock chip from a snow plow during the first 700 miles that has been repaired by the shop that did the PPF and tint. We scheduled a couple of weeks out as he is going to see if they will approve replacing the windshield. Thought I would give you guys a head's up in case you have had any damage / repairs on yours.
Hint, hint, Didn't your windshield get chipped because it wasn't installed properly at the factory?

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Hint, hint, Didn't your windshield get chipped because it wasn't installed properly at the factory?
Ummmm....yahhh......That's exactly what happened. Poor material quality led to crack, not the giant rock that flew off the snow plow.... :)

Told him I'm tempted not to mess with it as I've had no issue. Who knows though what happens down the road. Would very much suck to have the windshield start leaking or better yet come loose and fly off...

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
It just worked for mine.
Noname.jpg

If you inadvertently copy an extra space at the beginning or end of your VIN, it would try to read that space and fail. Not saying this is what happened, just sharing a possibility.
Interesting. I don't know how I feel about that. I think I was happier thinking that the site was screwed up, now my vehicle is somehow disowned by its mother. The shame. I wonder if that means I can stop making payments on my non-existant truck. Lol

ps I just retried the site thinking it might have been down right as I tried earlier

Sponsored

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
I just noticed a couple of weeks ago, 2 very small stars on the inside of upper windshield, one is in the radar area and 1 just below the dark mesh area. Everything works fine and no recalls so I'm just gonna leave it alone at this time. I'm afraid dealership will mess something up if they try to replace.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Sorta related, is there supposed to be a moulding that goes along the top of the windshield? There seems to be a gap between the top of the windshield and the frame of the opening on mine.
Sponsored