Sponsored

Has anyone trimmed a drop-in bed liner to work with the Retrax rolling bed cover?

jborbs

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 502A
My truck came with a Retrax rolling cover, but no bed liner at all. I opted for the drop-in liner (not to start a drop-in vs spray-on battle or anything!) but then discovered that it interferes with the canister for the cover.

In the cover's installation instructions, it mentions that some drop-in bed liners need to be trimmed to work properly. I had to do a little bit of this to install the swing-out toolboxes as well. Has anyone done this for a Retrax? Have any experiences, tips, photos to share?
Sponsored

MichF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I trimmed mine. I just tossed it on and made rough marks on the two areas you need to cut. I think I used a hole saw and tin snips to make quick work of it. I also drilled through the liner and the plastic plugs for the drain hoses.

OP
OP

jborbs

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 502A
Thanks! I did largely the same thing. I basically had to cut out the entire triangular corner sections to make it fit, which I was worried would compromise the structure of the liner. But the Retrax canister holds everything together just fine. My drain hoses had been trimmed when it was initially installed and weren’t long enough to go through both the liner and drain plug so I ordered new ones. The snap rings were super worn out anyway.
Sponsored