Sponsored

Has anyone been told they are on "Plant Hold"??

JacobGW05

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB BAP
I find myself pretty lucky compared to most people in this forum in regards to ordering and wait times. I ordered my Truck 3/17/2022 and had a blend of 4/28/2022 on my Platinum BAP.

I am however on what they call "Plant Hold" I'm just curious if any of you have heard this yet?? I've reached out to ford chat and they can't give me a definitive answer on what "Plant Hold" is. They've indicated that there are no notes for "chip hold" like I see others getting. My activate button is on my Ford Pass account with all modules that I've compared to identical trucks built and shipped. Is anyone else in this process experiencing "Plant Hold"???

Ford F-150 Has anyone been told they are on "Plant Hold"?? 2022-05-11_16-12-49
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ryan091

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150. 2022 f150 on order
Occupation
Tool and mold
I find myself pretty lucky compared to most people in this forum in regards to ordering and wait times. I ordered my Truck 3/17/2022 and had a blend of 4/28/2022 on my Platinum BAP.

I am however on what they call "Plant Hold" I'm just curious if any of you have heard this yet?? I've reached out to ford chat and can't they can't give me a definitive answer on what "Plant Hold" is. They've indicated that there are no notes for "chip hold" like I see others getting. My activate button is on my Ford Pass account with all modules that I've compared to identical trucks built and shipped. Is anyone else in this process experiencing "Plant Hold"???

2022-05-11_16-12-49.png
Heard that’s the worst thing to hear. Some have been “on hold” for months.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
I’ve read that plant hold can be other issues like waiting on wiper motors and other parts.

I’ve been on chip hold for 7 weeks with an eta of at least 7 more

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter

I am however on what they call "Plant Hold" I'm just curious if any of you have heard this yet?? I've reached out to ford chat and they can't give me a definitive answer on what "Plant Hold" is. They've indicated that there are no notes for "chip hold" like I see others getting. My activate button is on my Ford Pass account with all modules that I've compared to identical trucks built and shipped. Is anyone else in this process experiencing "Plant Hold"???

2022-05-11_16-12-49.png
Sorry for your luck. You will get a different interpretation each time you chat, but welcome to the purgatory group. There are many of us here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JacobGW05

JacobGW05

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve read that plant hold can be other issues like waiting on wiper motors and other parts.

I’ve been on chip hold for 7 weeks with an eta of at least 7 more
I feel for you guys.. I just wish the communication was better.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Me. My truck has been built since march 15th. I’ve been awaiting shipment and also plant hold for almost 2 months now.

no one can tell me what it means.

OP
OP
JacobGW05

JacobGW05

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Me. My truck has been built since march 15th. I’ve been awaiting shipment and also plant hold for almost 2 months now.

no one can tell me what it means.
This was ford chat yesterday!

Ford F-150 Has anyone been told they are on "Plant Hold"?? 9113A0CF-E06D-407C-B131-7FCDC967E5E3

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
This was ford chat yesterday!

9113A0CF-E06D-407C-B131-7FCDC967E5E3.jpeg
I’m betting that it’s stuck at the back of a parking lot somewhere. Cause another guy with a blend date 1 day after me same dealership and same status got his truck 2 weeks ago.

OP
OP
JacobGW05

JacobGW05

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m betting that it’s stuck at the back of a parking lot somewhere. Cause another guy with a blend date 1 day after me same dealership and same status got his truck 2 weeks ago.
Curious if it’s not an actual chip issue since my activate button is available on ford pass. I attempted to do so yesterday and it said you can’t activate it until you take delivery. I’ve seen lots and lots of talk about actual components being an issue like wiper motors.. what do I know, I’m just an engineer trying to make sense to the madness

Sponsored

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Hi everyone my truck was shipped on march 26 I believe but it has not left the plant yet,it was on plant hold and was told they might be inspecting it since there was a recall on the trailer break also there is a shortage of truck drivers and rail cars right now.I am on my 4 th delivery date which is this week,so fingers crossed

OP
OP
JacobGW05

JacobGW05

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi everyone my truck was shipped on march 26 I believe but it has not left the plant yet,it was on plant hold and was told they might be inspecting it since there was a recall on the trailer break also there is a shortage of truck drivers and rail cars right now.I am on my 4 th delivery date which is this week,so fingers crossed
Does the ford Tracker actually give you a built notification with a date stamp? Or does it still say in production??

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Does the ford Tracker actually give you a built notification with a date stamp? Or does it still say in production??
Hello according to the tracker the vehicle shipped out end of march,ford customer service stated the same,7 weeks later and still no truck,

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
Curious if it’s not an actual chip issue since my activate button is available on ford pass. I attempted to do so yesterday and it said you can’t activate it until you take delivery. I’ve seen lots and lots of talk about actual components being an issue like wiper motors.. what do I know, I’m just an engineer trying to make sense to the madness
I’ve been told it’s not a chip hold. I think if it was the tracker would be stuck on ‘in production’

my truck even showed up on the delivery site about 1.5 months back. But then disappeared. This to me screams logistical issues getting it here.
I just dont get the rhyme or reason as to who gets lucky enough to get picked up.
like this whole process has been 14 months of terrible.

I can’t wait to get the ford survey. Everyone is getting a big fat zero. Not that I’m sure anyone cares but will make me feel better lol.

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
I’ve been told it’s not a chip hold. I think if it was the tracker would be stuck on ‘in production’

my truck even showed up on the delivery site about 1.5 months back. But then disappeared. This to me screams logistical issues getting it here.
I just dont get the rhyme or reason as to who gets lucky enough to get picked up.
like this whole process has been 14 months of terrible.

I can’t wait to get the ford survey. Everyone is getting a big fat zero. Not that I’m sure anyone cares but will make me feel better lol.
They just changed my delete date again for the 5th time may 11 to may 17,I’ve actually lost my interest in this truck and ford
Sponsored