Sponsored

Has anyone been able to connect Forscan on MY23? Unable to identify vehicle message.

MCB129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone have a working link to the latest beta for 23MY? Tried the one posted in this thread and still unable to connect. Emailed Forscan but haven't heard back yet
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Although you could be right if both trucks were straight up sold for MSRP?
And that's certainly been the norm in the UNnormal world post Covid.
For decades you could purchase a dolled up XLT at $10-14k off of MSRP (in Texas, at least, where 1 in 4 F150's are sold) The higher trims were far less discounted. So I always assumed the REAL profits were that KingRanch.
Selling price does not affect the factory's profits.....only the dealerships. The factory makes the same profit regardless of what the dealer sells it for.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Selling price does not affect the factory's profits.....only the dealerships. The factory makes the same profit regardless of what the dealer sells it for.
Understood.

But with the historically smaller discounts on upper trim levels, I assumed that both the seller and the manufacturer had a higher margin of profit on the dolled up trucks.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Not exactly true. Ford has even said that they make more on the higher trim trucks. And while they have not said how much they make on each model, analysts believe that Ford makes an avg of $10k profit per F150 sold, with higher dollar amounts on the higher trims

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I think the difference between invoice and MSRP are mostly a similar precent off across trims. What I think the difference is that those looking at higher trims are less price sensiative. If you moving from XLT you are moving beyond core 'nesessary features'.' The cost of the upgrades one one think have a very high margin.

Sponsored

Bonefitty

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Anyone have a working link to the latest beta for 23MY? Tried the one posted in this thread and still unable to connect. Emailed Forscan but haven't heard back yet
Any word back from them? I’m having the same unable to connect issue on my ‘23. I desperately need to turn off all these beeps, dings and honks before I lose it.

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
Not sure why, but I was able to connect with My23. Got the truck last Monday, already have digitial dials on the HVAC and glare free lights. Beeps, dings and honks next...

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Not sure why, but I was able to connect with My23. Got the truck last Monday, already have digitial dials on the HVAC and glare free lights. Beeps, dings and honks next...
What version of Forscan are you running?

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Any updates on MY2023 connecting? Forscan connects, but then a message asks for the PCM part number. I popped the hood to find the ECM/PCM part number, but unfortunately, it is buried behind the connectors and other items. Should it just find the MY23 F-150, or is putting the ECM/PCM part number part of the process? I don't remember doing this in my 2020 Expedition. Is there an easy way to identify the PCM's part number?

I am using FORScan 2.3.50.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
Curious about this as well. Was hoping to play around with Forscan on my '23

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Curious about this as well. Was hoping to play around with Forscan on my '23
Some people have been able to connect. Give it a try.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
At the moment, I believe you need to use the latest beta version for '23 trucks.

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
Don't know why, but I can use 2.3.5 on my23.
Picking my truck up soon. Hopefully it works because I already bought LED taillights which need Forscan to work
Sponsored