Sponsored

Has anyone been able to connect Forscan on MY23? Unable to identify vehicle message.

NDakBoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Sport Appearance
Tried connecting to a MY23 today and got the above message. Did a search on this forum and couldn't find any posts regarding. Thanks for any positive replies.
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Just a thought, are you on the current version. 2.3.50. I'm not sure if this will help,

Sponsored

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Send me your VIN in a PM and I will decode your build data and provide the strategy number it's asking. Please make sure all OTA updates are installed first.

Edit: Update OBDLink drivers as well. v2.3.50 and the beta v.51 software given to me would NOT work.

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
GateWay is new in 23.. It wont identify until Forscan adds it. Hope they can.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
your post is going to have 2023 owners start profusely sweating XD
Im fairly sure they will. The Forscan devs are amazing. Truly. I know Ford has been wanting to lock it down though since the Gateway has some much control They dont want people poking around in there. So there is a chance at some point they will start to encrypt comms.

I do not know that will be in the 23 but I know the gateway is new. So they will have to get the logs.

Just have to wait and see.

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Im fairly sure they will. The Forscan devs are amazing. Truly. I know Ford has been wanting to lock it down though since the Gateway has some much control They dont want people poking around in there. So there is a chance at some point they will start to encrypt comms.

I do not know that will be in the 23 but I know the gateway is new. So they will have to get the logs.

Was Forscan originally developed/used for Ford dealers/techs? Was it the predecessor of FDRS? Or was it always intended for aftermarket use?

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5

Well, I hope it gets figured out soon as I already have a plethora of parts gathered to add a heated steering wheel to my 23 when it gets delivered, and I will need Forscan to program the SCCM and HVAC modules.

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
I sent OP what he needed to get into Forscan. 2023 doesn't have as many module configurations or "easy mode" it's mostly as built data configuration.

Once Ford fully switches to FNV architecture, Forscan and any other program to modify functions would be useless

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Was Forscan originally developed/used for Ford dealers/techs? Was it the predecessor of FDRS? Or was it always intended for aftermarket use?
nope, its a russian developing the software. does a good job at at.
Sponsored