First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
3.73 is only available with the 5.0 in conjunction with the max towing package. Not worth buying a $1,000 option upgrade that I don't need. 3.31 it is...
I believe you will be just fine with that gearing.
I have the 164” SCab 8’ 4x4 and this thing will just walk all over
my 98 k1500 5spd/3.73 as far as accelerating.
I cannot honestly say how it may react to dragging or carrying heavy loads, but I am really not all that concerned about it.
Extreme use of my new truck will be limited for quite some time as I will still use the old one for heavy, dirty work.
I am still pretty confident that the truck will do everything I will ask of it when required for those few out of the county trips.
Sponsored

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A SCrew 5.0 157" 4x4
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
Not true, I got the 3.73 Limited Slip gears as a stand alone option with the 5.0 and the Tow Technology package.
That was based on the response from my salesman at the dealership. At the end of the day, I don’t need it so bad that I’d invest that much money for an upgrade.

i ran the rpm calculator on my Ram. 1,505 RPM’s at 75. The F150 with 3.31 runs 75 at 1,739, so it should be noticeably better.

i appreciate all the input, guys..

superz

First Name
Zale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021f150RCSB;2016 Ecodiesel;2012 ISF; 66 Sting Ray
Occupation
Realtor
We Brit's still use miles but fill up in ltrs. Equivalent of $1.72 per ltr does not sound as bad as $ 7.65 per gallon. At least it is a UK gallon. Being old school work out fuel consumption in MPG, ltrs per 100km mean nothing. Fuel economy probably in single figures with my Shelby SVT, I work on smiles per mile.
Yes sir: I am getting smiles per mile in this RCSB 5.0. Can not keep my foot out of it, and cannot get it to stay in Eco mode. haha 2014 Shelby? I bet she is fast.

Very interesting. When I was in Germany on vacation in 2013 with my wife, we rented a car. All were manual shift, we finally found 1 with automatic. All Black. Filled up with Diesel at about $9. per gallon then after I did the Liter calculation. Standard of living is twice as good over here in Texas vs. Germany. ( you can tell the who is an American over there, we were all overweight. haha

Made me appreciate USA. :)

Bowmaker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 5.0L
Occupation
Carpenter/project manager
Had a ‘17 with the 5.0 but there have been some changes since that model year. Just wondering if people are happy with their 5.0 and what made you pick that option? Thanks.
Love mine, had it for two weeks now. First 5.0 since my '06. Last truck was '16 2.7 ecoboost and have zero complaints about that engine. I was a little bummed that it seemed the new model didn't have a "sport" mode (I'm dumb, it does. It's the 4wd knob for any of you that are unaware). I have no regrets and you won't either

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Picked up the truck and the computer said it was getting 17mpg on the few miles it was driven getting it to the dealer. I drove it a few days and the mpg dropped to high 9’s. I’ve been keeping it on eco mode to see how high I can get the mpg’s, but the biggest factor just seems to be breaking in the engine. I’m up to ~13.5mpg on 3.73 gears with 350 miles on the truck.

I put it in sport mode for the first time yesterday, and that gave me a good smile!

Sponsored

MidnightM

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCREW Sport 5.0, 2021 F-150 SCREW Sport
L O V E MY 2021 5.0!

Coming from my 2018 5.0 302A Sport SCREW this truck is amazing! So smooth. My 18 was sharp looking but burned oil, ticked all the time, had a rough shift which required two program resets and still didn’t go away. Bounced on roads like a low rider and felt like cheap plastic all around the interior.

This 2021 XLT 302A Sport is smooth driving, shifting and noise levels are almost perfect. Turning radius feels like an improvement as well but that might just be my endorphins kicking in. The interior is amazing! Feels like an upscale vehicle when I’m missing around lol

H O W E V E R, nothing is perfect:
-Steering controls aren’t as intuitive as I recall the 18 being. - No mute button lol
-The auto hold is cool and all but feels like the truck launches when you just wanna roll off
-tilt steering is hella tight to adjust!
-feel like the could’ve figured a proper spot for your phone by now.
-the belt driven oil pump is scary for the long haul.
-The camera has an annoying fisheye effect
-Lane keep us more like bounce between lines keep.

Nevertheless, the people at Ford did a great job with this truck.

2016BoosteGreyGoose

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostedgreygoosedesigns.net
Vehicles
2016 XLT 302A SCREw 3.5 & 2021 XLT 301A RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Business Owner
LOVE my newest truck...2021 RCSB 5.0! I have 2 trucks, a 2016 3.5 eco and the new 2021 V8. Wanted this truck with the V8 because....that sound! :) After driving it, I was blown away by the acceleration. A Mustang GT with a bed? lol ok, but the vision of it sounds nice. The cylinder deactivation in the newer truck is not like GMs and imho wont suffer the same fate. For one, Ford actually improved this engine by learning from GMs issues. We get the better higher flowing oil pump that owners of 13th gen V8 engines bought and had installed... the belt that drives the oil pump gears is kevlar, so I wouldnt worry to much about it...at all. if it bothers you that much, CD can be easily and quickly defeated by unplugging a connector near the battery which interrupts the battery monitoring and also now prevents the CD from taking place. Doing so will cause a charging message to come up on the dash each time you start your truck and ask you to hit ok. Im sure we will be able to permanently turn CD off via FORScan once the developers have a bit more time. Anyway, LOVE mine!!!

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat "Sport" FX4
Not sure if I've already posted in this thread but I'm completely satisfied with mine. No weird sounds/behavior. Runs smoothly, accelerates smoothly. It's not a mustang but it has plenty of get up and go. My only gripe with it is the cylinder deactivation. I wish you could turn it off like auto stop/start w/ a button/setting (vs being forced to use sport mode).

Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Had a ‘17 with the 5.0 but there have been some changes since that model year. Just wondering if people are happy with their 5.0 and what made you pick that option? Thanks.
I am in Canada and had an 18 Lariat with a 2.7 ecoboost. It towed my 17' trailer better than my previous Hemi. Just got a 21 Platinum with the Coyote. It was a demonstrator that the owner of the dealership was driving. As much as I loved the 2.7, this is a truck motor with tons of power and the sound to go with it. I haven't paid a lot of attention to the gas usage yet but I know it will not come close to the 2.7. The 10 speed transmission is a dream in both vehicles. I could live in the seats in this truck, can't get more comfortable anywhere else.

Deleted member 2919

I am in Canada and had an 18 Lariat with a 2.7 ecoboost. It towed my 17' trailer better than my previous Hemi. Just got a 21 Platinum with the Coyote. It was a demonstrator that the owner of the dealership was driving. As much as I loved the 2.7, this is a truck motor with tons of power and the sound to go with it. I haven't paid a lot of attention to the gas usage yet but I know it will not come close to the 2.7. The 10 speed transmission is a dream in both vehicles. I could live in the seats in this truck, can't get more comfortable anywhere else.
I previously adjusted my AFE in engineering mode so that my MPG is more accurate. This 5.0 can come close to your 2.7l. This is real data, not PB 14 mile trip to vegan organic take-out data.

Ford F-150 Happy with 5.0? 20210417_180741
Ford F-150 Happy with 5.0? 20210417_181025

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I previously adjusted my AFE in engineering mode so that my MPG is more accurate. This 5.0 can come close to your 2.7l. This is real data, not PB 14 mile trip to vegan organic take-out data.

20210417_180741.jpg
20210417_181025.jpg
Hold up what did you adjust to get to 25? LOL

cptn12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
That was based on the response from my salesman at the dealership. At the end of the day, I don’t need it so bad that I’d invest that much money for an upgrade.

i ran the rpm calculator on my Ram. 1,505 RPM’s at 75. The F150 with 3.31 runs 75 at 1,739, so it should be noticeably better.

i appreciate all the input, guys..
It is not necessarily a $1000 option. It was cheaper for me to add the Max Tow than it was for me to order the Tow Package, Locking Rear, and 36 gallon fuel tank. I think it saved me $40. If not too late you may want them to run the numbers. If you have the 36 gallon tank.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Not sure if I've already posted in this thread but I'm completely satisfied with mine. No weird sounds/behavior. Runs smoothly, accelerates smoothly. It's not a mustang but it has plenty of get up and go. My only gripe with it is the cylinder deactivation. I wish you could turn it off like auto stop/start w/ a button/setting (vs being forced to use sport mode).
I'm dying to see how close to a Mustang my coyote can get tossing around a Reg Cab\Short bed. It weighs in at nearly 1000lbs less than the 6-seat land yachts most people are pulling.
I'm anticipating a lot of FUN!
...someday:sneaky:

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch

20210417_180741.jpg
20210417_181025.jpg
Have you noticed your MPGs increasing as more miles get put on the truck? I have about 650 miles and am not getting anywhere near 25 mpgs. I have the 3.73 rear end. I also assume the AFE adjustment brought the MPG number down?
Sponsored