Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have hear similar complaints about the Dodge rotating shifter. My wife's Acura has push button shifting. Works fine except in two specific cases. If the door is ajar, it will go into drive, but as soon as you take your foot off the break it shifts back to park. There are times I do something and don't want to get fully in/shut the door. Also, and more annoying, from neutral you cannot go to drive without using the brake. This really gunks up the works when the Mrs. takes it through an automatic car wash (I know they are awful, but I have a religious wax program).
Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Don’t forget, the seats in the GM trucks are hard as rocks across the line. Denali’s have the same horrible seats! IMHO

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Don’t forget, the seats in the GM trucks are hard as rocks across the line. Denali’s have the same horrible seats! IMHO
Have not been able to get comfortable in Tahoe/Suburban since about 05.
I’ve rented a LOT for long periods and somewhere in there my ability to get comfy in GM tricks waned quit a bit
Dodge was fine, but interior squeaks were annoying and the rotating shift knob is just asinine. Great truck for passing on a two lane tho, and in my personal opinion is the best looking of the domestic 3.
With the arrival 12/13gen Ford, I was comfortable as soon as I got in, the ride was nice and the only complaint I ever had was with a six cylinder 4x4 that could not get out of its own way (2017 I believe).
I’m a creature of habit.
Drove nothing but square body Chevrolet/GMC from 76 until 2007 when I parked my last one for the last time.
Had a Scout II for about a year. Fun little truck that went anywhere it was pointed, but just felt weird to me—too weird, so it was sold and another square body came into my possession. I think I’ve had about 8 of those things.
I’ve had my 98 ( still think it looks like a cockroach) for about 10 yrs now, and I have developed the same content for it. Favorite truck to date for ride, ability, reliability.
Plus—it still has a clutch pedal

DirtFreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford F250
Occupation
Retired ( paper maker )
If Ford would have got rid of the shifter that whole console could have been storage like the Rams.
While the Ford looks 100% better now, the Ram still has it for the interior in my view.
The only problem with the RAM is, They are still having issues with there Uconnect system.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
If Ford would have got rid of the shifter that whole console could have been storage like the Rams.
While the Ford looks 100% better now, the Ram still has it for the interior in my view.
I test drove the F150 Platinum against the Ram 1500 Limited. The Ram's interior is still better but Ford has updated their interior to being close enough that it's not a deal breaker.

The only problem with the RAM is, They are still having issues with there Uconnect system.
I'm in the market for a 1/2 ton pickup as an addition to a sedan and small SUV so I'm in no rush. I'm waiting until 2022 for a few reasons:

- 2022 Ram 1500 may get the Uconnect 5 hardware which is worth it to wait for. Since these things are updated once every 2-4 years, I'll be able to enjoy the new hardware experience for 1/3 of the life of the vehicle.
- Supply of F150s and Ram 1500s will improve.
- Toyota is supposed to introduce a redesigned 2022 Tundra which will increase competition.
- GM is supposed to update their trucks to make them more competitive.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I test drove the F150 Platinum against the Ram 1500 Limited. The Ram's interior is still better but Ford has updated their interior to being close enough that it's not a deal breaker.

I'm in the market for a 1/2 ton pickup as an addition to a sedan and small SUV so I'm in no rush. I'm waiting until 2022 for a few reasons:

- 2022 Ram 1500 may get the Uconnect 5 hardware which is worth it to wait for. Since these things are updated once every 2-4 years, I'll be able to enjoy the new hardware experience for 1/3 of the life of the vehicle.
- Supply of F150s and Ram 1500s will improve.
- Toyota is supposed to introduce a redesigned 2022 Tundra which will increase competition.
- GM is supposed to update their trucks to make them more competitive.
Apparently, the new Tundra is going to 'crush' the F-150 and Ram. I have owned a lot of Toyota's, and while they are solid as a rock, I have never thought the Tundra 'crushed' anything. It does stop frequently for fuel though, so that will be addressed.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a35448520/new-toyota-tundra-details-2022/

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
Personally, I prefer the smaller screen.
The big screen just looks a bit too overpowering to me.
My mid level XLT comes with the smaller version
I'm with you. All I use is music and podcasts. I don't need a 12 inch screen for that. I prefer physical buttons for climate control.

SuperPops61

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 XLT FX4 and 2018 Limited Expedition Max
Occupation
Production Supt.
Great review, thank you.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
The Tundra looks like it's from a previous decade compared to the others!

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I'm with you. All I use is music and podcasts. I don't need a 12 inch screen for that. I prefer physical buttons for climate control.
The 12" has physical buttons for all of the climate controls except vent selection which you do on the screen.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I have switched between Ram/Dodge for quite a while now. My 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4 had a better finish as far as materials and rear seat features than my new F150. I was happy with Uconnect.
I don't care what Toyota does with their vehicles. There will never be one or any other Asian brand owned by me.

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
I’ve owned a bunch for Fords over the past few years. Had at least one of every model year since 2016. I’ll say this about the 21’s and I’m on my second one — although the new features and technology is impressive, the drivers seat lags way behind Ram. My 21 King Ranch seat was atrocious, but my 21 XLT is much more comfortable.

I’ve also driven 2021 Rams, GMC’s and Chevy’s. The drivers seat in the Ram Laramie and Limited are by far the most comfortable seats in this model years offerings. I wasn’t impressed with the GMC/Chevy at all.
Sponsored