First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
I just drove my Tremor to Dallas and back to Memphis the last couple days. Had some time to use self-driving feature and it takes some getting used to as I was very nervous at first. But eventually I got more comfortable letting the truck take control. My biggest, and maybe only complaint is that I usually ride closer to the outside of the lane to give semis more room. The autopilot seems to stay as close to center as possible, even when overtaking a semi. But it worked flawlessly.
Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I didn’t realize blue cruise had started rolling out!

Out of curiosity - how often did it have you put your hands on the wheel to take control? Curious if it’s going to be an every 10 minutes thing or an every few hours thing? I had read reviews of SuperCruise that made it sound like it could sometimes be hours between needing to take the wheel.

Excited for this to roll out more fully.

OP
OP
SilverbackHobbit

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
It would do it seemingly as long as I wanted. While using it I remember maybe two areas where it went in to “assist mode” versus self driving while on the interstate. I am not sure if it was due to unclear lines on the road or what. Otherwise it did great and all I needed to do was look at the road. I was messing with it to see what I could get away with and even with sunglasses on, if I closed my eyes for a few seconds it would get on to me to keep my eyes on the road.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
It would do it seemingly as long as I wanted. While using it I remember maybe two areas where it went in to “assist mode” versus self driving while on the interstate. I am not sure if it was due to unclear lines on the road or what. Otherwise it did great and all I needed to do was look at the road. I was messing with it to see what I could get away with and even with sunglasses on, if I closed my eyes for a few seconds it would get on to me to keep my eyes on the road.
That’s great! Thanks for the intel - definitely excited for this to roll out more generally

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
So it worked just fine with sunglasses on?

OP
OP
SilverbackHobbit

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
So it worked just fine with sunglasses on?
It did. Not sure if it is using infrared or what to see my eyes through fairly dark glasses, but I tried closing them almost completely to see if it noticed, and within a few seconds I got the alert saying to watch the road.
Sponsored