Sponsored

Hands-Free driving mode trial period - is this same as Bluecruise?

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So blue cruise comes with a 3 year trial period but when I search through sync 4 settings it shows hands-free driving mode available till 3/14/2022. In my Ford account it shows my 3 year trial period for bluecruise so I am not sure what the hands free driving mode in sync is. Can someone help enlighten me as to if this is the same thing or something different?
Ford F-150 Hands-Free driving mode trial period - is this same as Bluecruise? 8FB87019-547F-4EE5-953D-E6539015EC00
Ford F-150 Hands-Free driving mode trial period - is this same as Bluecruise? A850E795-FCE4-4EDA-ABD3-9CB7D8716491
Sponsored

OP
OP

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello, there are two whole distinct things, however they both assist us when driving.
What is the difference between them and why is one a 3 year period and the other is a couple months?

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
It kind of bugs me that they call it a “trial”. We paid for it, so what is it not just “service”?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
What is the difference between them and why is one a 3 year period and the other is a couple months?
Did you ever get an answer to this? I noticed the same discrepancy and to say "they are separate things" is a bit obscure. BlueCruise is Ford's hands free driving mode (though at times it requires your hands on the wheel for curvy roads).

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
The car's built in maps for BlueCruise are only valid for 6 months. If you don't update them before they expire the BlueCruise stops working. Probably so the car isn't trying to navigate roads that have changed.

As long as you subscribe to the feature, Ford will push new maps to you on time. They already did it for the March expire date. New date is September.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
The car's built in maps for BlueCruise are only valid for 6 months. If you don't update them before they expire the BlueCruise stops working. Probably so the car isn't trying to navigate roads that have changed.

As long as you subscribe to the feature, Ford will push new maps to you on time. They already did it for the March expire date. New date is September.
OK, but what exactly is it that lasts 3 years? Are you getting 3 years of updates to keep it active?

Tripdaddy95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Avalanche Lariat SCrew PB BAP
I went back and forth about getting BlueCruise. I did not see any literature on having to purchase or renew a subscription to use it. I feel better about not getting BlueCruise since you have to buy the $2000 option and then pay for a subscription to use it.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Blue cruise you do need extra hardware for. I did order it buy extra cost was a bit annoying as I needed to get tow package and 360 camera and then pay for bluecruise.
Sponsored