First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 eco boost / 2004 ford lightnin
Occupation
Ibew electrician
I currently own a 2021 lariat, crew cab with the longer bed. This morning we had here in New Jersey a crazy amount of rain. I come from a 2011 powerwagon. So this truck is light duty compared to my older 2500. I matter what my powerwagon got me where I needed to go, snow, floods, and off roaring from time to time. I can honestly say, I have no disappointments how this truck handled in this flooding rain. I didn’t even need to switch it in slippery. Truck handled perfect. The powerwagon is a extremely heavy truck, so I always felt well grounded, these f150’s tend to shed a lot of weight compared to my PW, but honestly this truck was perfect. Now for the snow. Let’s see and time will tell

Steve
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
For rain/snow it's all about the tires.

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 eco boost / 2004 ford lightnin
Occupation
Ibew electrician
Well I have the stock Hancook a/t. Pretty impressive for stock

JohnnyBoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
'22 F150 501 Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
chef
Yeah, I was surprised how well it's handling the AZ rainy season.

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I currently own a 2021 lariat, crew cab with the longer bed. This morning we had here in New Jersey a crazy amount of rain. I come from a 2011 powerwagon. So this truck is light duty compared to my older 2500. I matter what my powerwagon got me where I needed to go, snow, floods, and off roaring from time to time. I can honestly say, I have no disappointments how this truck handled in this flooding rain. I didn’t even need to switch it in slippery. Truck handled perfect. The powerwagon is a extremely heavy truck, so I always felt well grounded, these f150’s tend to shed a lot of weight compared to my PW, but honestly this truck was perfect. Now for the snow. Let’s see and time will tell

Steve
Also looking forward to how the Hancooks will do in the snow. Interesting how spotty these storms have been lately. I'm in Essex County and only had some heavy drizzle.

I had 25k on the f150 spec 20” hankooks. Very happy with them
Did you replace them at 25k miles out of want or necessity? Or do you still have them?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Same here. First Ford truck I've ever purchased with Pirreli's.
Wasn't sure how I felt about them, but I gotta admit they ride nice and are as quiet as the Michelins I most prefer.

We're in a drought so I'm getting but a fraction of the tropical rain that is normal, so I can't make that comparison just yet.

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
My 22 Lariat came with the 18" wranglers. They were really nice in the rain at first, but now with some wear they don't like the deep stuff.

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
My 2018 XLT Sport came with 20 inch Pirelli Scorpion ATRs.They were OK for the dry season but for driving on bush roads to the hunt camp and mostly because we get a lot of snow in Quebec and Ontario during the winter, I changed over to Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/60R20. Those were very good in the bush and the rain and winter snow.

My 2022 XLT Sport came with 20 inch Hankooks AT2s. They ride nice on the roads but I will be changing them to the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac in a few weeks as we are starting to go to our hunt camp and I prefer those for the coming snowy season.

Last edited:

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
My former ‘21 had the Hankook AT2s. I live in Michigan and those tires did pretty well in the winter.

My ’22 has the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs. I’m a little concerned as to how they will perform in winter conditions. The tread doesn’t give me a whole lot of confidence.
Sponsored