Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Correct, using the word lumens was incorrect. I edited and removed to keep people from being confused.

My post otherwise, however, is totally accurate when showing why projected bulb lights are shown as yellow (and some aftermarket bulbs are blue), and why the new LED ones are the bright 6500k whites. (I say this for people reading this wondering if my post is still valid - yes.)
No worries. Your post grabbed by attention. I work for an LED manufacturer and have 20 years experience measuring and characterizing LEDs and LED modules.
Sponsored

AnchorChain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eco
Occupation
Electrician
Great post. Nice to see a photo evidenced comparison. I’ve loathed the Ford halogen lights. It’s probably the driving factor for me getting my XLT 302a. While the STX is a nice truck as i like a basic truck i was tired of sacrificing the ability to see at night.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I wish Ford gave me the choice on the regular cab. I couldn’t even option the projector LED’s.

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
I will be 68 when I get my truck. I got the 302 upgrade from mid because of the LED lights. Most of my driving other than highway will be dark mountain roads.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I cannot believe that ANYONE would light the interior of a home with 6000+k. The harshness of that light would be a psychological nightmare, put everyone on edge. This is not a debatable point. They are okay for work spaces where you want people to be super-alert and awake, but soothing warm tones in the sub-3500k range are what's prescribed for homes. The fact is that blue wavelength light suppresses our melatonin production, disrupts healthy sleep, and leads to increased rates of diabetes, sleep disorders and mood disorders because our cells do not get repaired. High kelvin light exposure over long periods of time is simply incompatible with human biology. I am a developer/owner of shopping centers and malls - we hire lighting consultants to assist with getting this right - they tell us that blue light increases suicide rates - so we always use warm inside, cool outside, get the customers inside! :cool:.

https://www.shineretrofits.com/lighting-center/color-temperatures-kelvin-levels/

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
I cannot believe that ANYONE would light the interior of a home with 6000+k. The harshness of that light would be a psychological nightmare, put everyone on edge. This is not a debatable point. They are okay for work spaces where you want people to be super-alert and awake, but soothing warm tones in the sub-3500k range are what's prescribed for homes. The fact is that blue wavelength light suppresses our melatonin production, disrupts healthy sleep, and leads to increased rates of diabetes, sleep disorders and mood disorders because our cells do not get repaired. High kelvin light exposure over long periods of time is simply incompatible with human biology. I am a developer/owner of shopping centers and malls - we hire lighting consultants to assist with getting this right - they tell us that blue light increases suicide rates - so we always use warm inside, cool outside, get the customers inside! :cool:.

https://www.shineretrofits.com/lighting-center/color-temperatures-kelvin-levels/
Wow.....guess you put him in his place....and he seemed rather pleased with his interior lighting choice....jeez!
Sponsored