First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Building Contractor
Hey everyone I’m new here and I wasn’t able to find a solution to my current issue with my LED tailight conversion so I’m hoping someone much smarter than I am can help me with this.

I have a 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost with the halogen tail lights with Blis. I ordered new full LED tailights from Precision Retrofits along with their conversion harness.

I was able to install and program them using Forscan with no other issues except for one. The reverse lights stay on at all times even while the truck is fully off (locked), in reverse, or in drive.

if someone has encountered this problem and knows how to fix it, I’d appreciate your input. Thank you!
Sponsored

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
Did you swap over the BLIS modules from the halogen's over to the LED tails?

OP
OP

PowerboostDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Building Contractor
I wasn’t aware that I needed to swap modules. I’ll do that tomorrow and I’ll post an update.

OP
OP

PowerboostDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Building Contractor
Did you swap over the BLIS modules from the halogen's over to the LED tails?
So I swapped the modules and no change. Reverse lights are still always on.

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you accidentally cross the conversion harnesses? Driver side harness to driver side?

If the modules were swapped and harnesses are correct, then the only other thing I can think of are the Forscan changes. Maybe comb through and 2x check again?

Sponsored

OP
OP

PowerboostDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Building Contractor
Did you accidentally cross the conversion harnesses? Driver side harness to driver side?

If the modules were swapped and harnesses are correct, then the only other thing I can think of are the Forscan changes. Maybe comb through and 2x check again?
I checked all harnesses, verified Blis sensors, 2x checked Forscan and everything is exactly the way the instructions say. I did however find 2 codes in DTS. Will attach pictures.

Ford F-150 Halogen to LED conversion Reverse light issue 4A9B4B5C-A02E-4D1F-A0B6-C9FF91833679

Ford F-150 Halogen to LED conversion Reverse light issue CBDC5D51-DDE5-493A-BF68-6F3EE306283C

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Contact Ryan IND on Instagram. He might be able to give you some pointers.

michgone

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT Sport 3.5 ecoboost
I checked all harnesses, verified Blis sensors, 2x checked Forscan and everything is exactly the way the instructions say. I did however find 2 codes in DTS. Will attach pictures.

4A9B4B5C-A02E-4D1F-A0B6-C9FF91833679.jpeg

CBDC5D51-DDE5-493A-BF68-6F3EE306283C.jpeg
I am also experiencing the same issue. I too purchased the LED tail light assemblies from Precision Retrofits. My reverse lights also stay on. Has anyone figured out the solution for this? I've done the changes in Forscan as directed but has not solved the reverse light issue.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You know you can buy the harness from ford for less than those harnesses. Thats what I did when i did this converison Feb of 21. The harness form ford is $80 or so.

That being said since you already have what you have.. Send me a screenshot of the BCM As Build and Ill take a look at how you have it set up.

I am betting you have the coding wrong. You have to set up the functions of the taillights when you go to LED> The incandescent have multifunction versus LED have independent function for each position,.

When you do the programming you have to tell the BCM what the left and right each position is.

You can also go into the Body Control with the drop down and make sure you have it set up that way its in plain English. So you need to verify Stop is STOP only and turn is turn only on BOTH sides.

Also need to turn off the check for outage. None the less if you feel like it send me the as build of the bcm and Ill take a look.

michgone

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great, thanks for the help!! I have attached a photo of the programming instructions that came with the conversion pigtails. Also I have attached the original as built as well as the modified one for the BdyCM. Thanks!

Ford F-150 Halogen to LED conversion Reverse light issue LED taillight installation

Sponsored

michgone

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry, apparently it won't allow me to attach the .abt files from Forscan. Here is a screenshot of where I made the changes.

Ford F-150 Halogen to LED conversion Reverse light issue BdyCM-updated

OP
OP

PowerboostDan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Building Contractor
I am also experiencing the same issue. I too purchased the LED tail light assemblies from Precision Retrofits. My reverse lights also stay on. Has anyone figured out the solution for this? I've done the changes in Forscan as directed but has not solved the reverse light issue.
So I spoke with someone at PR and apparently, if you have Onboard Scales you need a different harness and set of LED lights. They’re going to send me the correct harness and I’m going to see about exchanging the lights since they haven’t been used. Will keep you guys posted.

michgone

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I spoke with someone at PR and apparently, if you have Onboard Scales you need a different harness and set of LED lights. They’re going to send me the correct harness and I’m going to see about exchanging the lights since they haven’t been used. Will keep you guys posted.
Now I wonder if they did the same to me? I made sure when I ordered mine from PR that I told them in the notes that this truck had BLIS and onboard scales. Looks like we are fighting the same battle.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok, sounds good. Well if you still have issues let me know. I honestly suggest the Ford harness. its easy to swap out and is the better route.
Sponsored