Sponsored

Half of speakers not working upon startup B&O unleashed, other issues 2022 F-150

T8RMan

First Name
Markos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Ag
About once per week the left bank of speakers stay off upon vehicle start up. The right side on. They come back on when shut of rig or stereo. This is the 18 speaker B&O, 2022 F-150. Anyone else? Fix? Software update? Will take into dealer upon oil change.

Other issues: lights switch from “Auto” by themselves and stay on after leaving or locking pickup. Loose insulation panels under bed and on back of cab. One out of three garage door buttons doesn’t work. Can’t find a Ford trailer camera for this vehicle, nor will dealers or ford explain why. I see Ford just hired a big gun to clean up the quality issues. I now see why. They may be buying my rig back if fixes don’t come soon.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I randomly have this issue also. Left side too. I usually reset the Sync system but lately just changing the source from Bluetooth to FM usually resolves for me.

OP
OP
T8RMan

T8RMan

First Name
Markos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Ag
Thanks for the tip bleedgreen. I’ll be interested to know if anyone has insight into a possible software update or permanent fix, or at what point does ford recognize it’s an issue.

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Mine did it a couple of times right after I got it but haven’t noticed it since then

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
About once per week the left bank of speakers stay off upon vehicle start up. The right side on. They come back on when shut of rig or stereo. This is the 18 speaker B&O, 2022 F-150. Anyone else? Fix? Software update? Will take into dealer upon oil change.

Other issues: lights switch from “Auto” by themselves and stay on after leaving or locking pickup. Loose insulation panels under bed and on back of cab. One out of three garage door buttons doesn’t work. Can’t find a Ford trailer camera for this vehicle, nor will dealers or ford explain why. I see Ford just hired a big gun to clean up the quality issues. I now see why. They may be buying my rig back if fixes don’t come soon.
Good morning! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I can look into this speaker concern on my end. Thank you!

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
All my software is up to date and the problem still happens once a month or so. I have the Right speakers only when it happens until I restart the truck and have had only the tweeters work once until I restarted the truck.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I had it happen twice but I'm not sure if it's a truck issue or just a passing audio glitch from the source.

See I don't even need to do anything with the truck to fix it... When it's happened it's always been with Apple Music through wireless CarPlay. And I've been able to fix it by playing from a different app (a Podcast) for a second then going back to the music.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
soooooo
it seems i am not loosing my mind after all.

occasionally on FM radio station i loose sound, it seems like the only speaker playing is the one in the center of dash , but I never drilled down to see which side or speakers are not playing their part.
if i switch to pandora it sounds NORMAL, so i assumed it was the radio station feed or signal. our fm stations here are tinny and over boost bass and then over boost treble on commercials, so i tend not to listen to them. its usually pandora or the 32gb usb stick loaded up with my music. it looses the usb media ALOT, but so did my last three vehicles.

then tuesday i had the phone ring while i had pandora playing through my bluetooth vice the ford pandora app (becasue its hit or miss if the truck see pandora) and after the call i lost the screen that shows whats on pandora in the audio screen and in the lower IP center. audio screen would not let you select SOURCE or anything it just froze. weird
then i got another call about 20 minutes later and everything reset to perfect
i was driving so i couldnt play with phone or really anything until i arrived at destination.

i think there is so much going on in sync that it occosaionally pulls a "windows" and has to figure out who is who and resets
we could have a ghost in the machine, ???? so far its not a real big issue. but we all should document so maybe ford sees it and sync folks look at a possible update or patch to fix the bug

BritCanuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4x4 2.7EB XLT SuperCab, 6.5Ft, 302a order
Occupation
Self Employed Photographer
Mine did it a couple of times right after I got it but haven’t noticed it since then

Same here. I turned the audio off and on again, which fixed the issues. Only done it twice.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
I had it happen twice but I'm not sure if it's a truck issue or just a passing audio glitch from the source.

See I don't even need to do anything with the truck to fix it... When it's happened it's always been with Apple Music through wireless CarPlay. And I've been able to fix it by playing from a different app (a Podcast) for a second then going back to the music.
This sounds like a bug in the amp.

Sponsored

KTLW33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Has anyone figured out this issue? Yesterday my stereo was working fine & today only the tweeters work. I have reset my sync and pulled the #28 amp fuse and still nothing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
T8RMan

T8RMan

First Name
Markos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Ag
KTLW33: my screen eventually went haywire, went black, carplay and maps wouldn’t work, and the dealer replaced what they called “the module”. This seemed to make all the problems better. I don‘t recall having the speaker issue so far since repair. Not sure if this was the fix, or a permanent one. Wish I had more precise info on a fix. I’d try to contact corporate Ford to get this moving on your end. Obvious a faulty product somewhere in the chain.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer

As far as the audio goes, No idea. Mine has done that a handful of times in the year I've had it. I just reset Sync and its fine. Not worth going to the dealer about it until I can reproduce it.

The headlight issue is a known TSB, Switch is bad.

Loose insulation is also a TSB, I believe its been moved up to a recall

"Technically" Ford never released the camera for the F150. But the 1200+ dollar trailer camera package from the Super duty is plug and play. There are a few people on here that have installed it. Worked great for them. Just pricey.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone figured out this issue? Yesterday my stereo was working fine & today only the tweeters work. I have reset my sync and pulled the #28 amp fuse and still nothing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

agonca01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I also have this issue with my 2021 Lariat B&O unleashed system. Does Ford have a fix for this? Super annoying.
Sponsored