First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Middle of last month I was hit with a small but aggressive hailstorm in the middle of the night.
Son woke me and asked if I wanted to go cover the truck ( with what, I know not).

Damaged every panel except tailgate.
Requires roof replacement (which will most likely destroy windshield) and hood replacement.
I guess they are gonna attempt PDR on the rest of it.
(Just looked at FordPass and the truck is 20 miles from the Body shop I left it at)

44 days is on the work order. $7,000.
I guess I’m gonna get reacquainted with the old Chevy
Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
My truck does not fit in my garage. I have one of these:

https://hailprotector.com/

In my first 2 weeks of having and using it, we were hit with a hail storm that caused $6k in damage to a neighbor’s Lexus. I was fully protected.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Man, we could have used those just last week. Even though our cars were undamaged (mine was in the shop at the dealer and the hail at our house was relatively small), My brother's house had 3 cars damaged totaling $20,000 and they actually totaled their son's prius due to the damage.

We almost never get hail (I can only think of a few times), but we had a lot of damage here to houses, cars, and roofs.

Sorry to hear you are having to go through it. At least they are fixing it instead of totaling the truck (which means you have to find another or order another and that's a LOOOOONG wait)

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
My truck does not fit in my garage. I have one of these:

https://hailprotector.com/

In my first 2 weeks of having and using it, we were hit with a hail storm that caused $6k in damage to a neighbor’s Lexus. I was fully protected.
When we get hail, it is usually preceded by or accompanied by 40-50 mph and sometimes 60-70 mph winds, how does that stand up to high winds?
I've seen heavy pads that strap around the car, also, that interest me.

Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
When we get hail, it is usually preceded by or accompanied by 40-50 mph and sometimes 60-70 mph winds, how does that stand up to high winds?
I've seen heavy pads that strap around the car, also, that interest me.
I have used it in pretty high winds, I would estimate 40+ MPH gusts. I live in the DFW area of North Texas - we have a pretty active thunderstorm season here.

There are straps in the midsection that go under the vehicle to secure it in the middle, and the outside perimeter cinches down under the bumpers and/or wheels.

I have been impressed with how well it stays on in high winds.

OP
OP

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Most annoying thing is that the Taurus and the Chev pickup were parked in the same area
maybe 5-6 dings on the Taurus
3 little new dings in the Chevy
(I only know they are new as the hood was replaced last year due to an “incident”, just a couple of weeks before picking up the new truck..

Now in the old truck, the thing I am missing the most is the steering wheel volume controls.
I recently replaced the dash and thought, “ No point in doing this unless I go ahead and add factory power windows and related harnesses”.
so, I got the power windows and locks installed.
Not even missing the remote lock on the key fob yet.
Am kind of missing AC as I have not recharged since the crash repairs.
Sponsored