Sponsored

GWM Update Issue at Dealership

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Supercrew XLT 302A
Not much to go on unfortunately.

My truck was in for service due to the Fordpass issues that Ford has had on 2023 models. The GWM was replaced and everything checked out. They applied a new update that Ford sent them yesterday and it broke everything.

Every F150 they've updated since has started screaming trailer brake warnings at them. I've lost the use of my heated seats, rear defrost, my turn signals are hyper flashing. They're trying to get answers from engineering - the foreman's own truck is christmas treeing.

Anyone experience something similar or hear anything?
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
What new GWM update? There is a new GWM OTA that started being send out yesterday (at least it was first reported yesterday), but the update was not in FDRS for dealers to apply it.

This sounds like the bad BCM update that is in FDRS to me, but I will digress to the experts.

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm not sure what update it was, but their issues started yesterday.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I'm not sure what update it was, but their issues started yesterday.
Can you share your vin so we can look at the history and what the dealer has done?

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1FTEW1EP0PKD13547

Last time I had the VIN checked I believe I had an audio control module update outstanding, else everything was up to date.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Goofballs didnt finish the PMI. Idiots man.

May not have the correct software. They need to read the notes on Oasis.

Ford F-150 GWM Update Issue at Dealership 1678472859192

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So it's a dealer issue. Gotcha. What should I tell my service advisor (who's been fabulous, all things considered) in order to get this fixed?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So it's a dealer issue. Gotcha. What should I tell my service advisor (who's been fabulous, all things considered) in order to get this fixed?
Show them that oasis message it tells them what to do about the error they are getting with the pmi

I'm not sure why they pmi the gateway. Did they replace it.? If they replaced it and didn't run the pmi it can cause issues because it may have the wrong software installed. As build doesn't fix everything for a gateway

Sponsored

OP
OP
Highway 11

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Show them that oasis message it tells them what to do about the error they are getting with the pmi

I'm not sure why they pmi the gateway. Did they replace it.? If they replaced it and didn't run the pmi it can cause issues because it may have the wrong software installed. As build doesn't fix everything for a gateway
They replaced my gateway yesterday in an effort to try and fix that intermittent loss of internet connection that's plaguing the '23s. I've sent off the info about the PMI being incomplete and the OASIS message but they haven't replied, which is out of norm since they're normally good about replying near instantly.

They've paid for a rental 2020 F-150, but I'm starting to get frustrated as Monday's the first time they'll take a look at it again, and I really don't have confidence in their ability to fix it at this point. Nothing like a 2 month old truck screaming at you and flashing lights to make you wish you bought a Ram instead.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Not much to go on unfortunately.

My truck was in for service due to the Fordpass issues that Ford has had on 2023 models. The GWM was replaced and everything checked out. They applied a new update that Ford sent them yesterday and it broke everything.

Every F150 they've updated since has started screaming trailer brake warnings at them. I've lost the use of my heated seats, rear defrost, my turn signals are hyper flashing. They're trying to get answers from engineering - the foreman's own truck is christmas treeing.

Anyone experience something similar or hear anything?
Should modifiy the misleading title.

Brick means 100% dead. Like throw in garbage and start over.

If your truck starts and drives, it is not bricked.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, it now comes across as clickbait titling.
And in reality it's just another thread about someone not following directions?
Even the nicest people can be guilty.

Edit: the OP edited the title shortly after this remark.
Now I kinda look like an ornery Ole forum whiner. I'll eat the crow I have coming. :)

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That is a fair point, I will update the title. I was a little peeved off when I posted it.
The replacement won’t fix it. There is an update that is coming later. As for now you just have to wait for that update it’s not a bad gateway.
Sponsored