Sponsored

Grill Replacement

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with some goodies, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Velocity Blue (ordered)
Occupation
designer
Good day everyone, I am still waiting for a VIN to be released, but is seems that will happen in the new year, as I have an XLT with the 302A and FX4-Sport. I feel that the grill that comes with truck is ugly, so I have gotten my dealer to preorder an STX grill, I feel that it looks a lot better . . . . . . . . . .

How many have decided to change the grills on their trucks???
Sponsored

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
I'm right there with you, how much was an STX grille? That's same Mod I want to do

OP
OP
r-model

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with some goodies, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Velocity Blue (ordered)
Occupation
designer
At this moment, I have no idea as to the cost of the grill, it will be installed before I take delivery :cool:
It will be worked into the cost of the truck, makes it easier to swollow

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
Good day everyone, I am still waiting for a VIN to be released, but is seems that will happen in the new year, as I have an XLT with the 302A and FX4-Sport. I feel that the grill that comes with truck is ugly, so I have gotten my dealer to preorder an STX grill, I feel that it looks a lot better . . . . . . . . . .

How much did it cost to order the STX grill. I am thinking about doing the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP
r-model

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
designer
Heffer86 - the price of the grill here in Canada is different than the US cost, plus I get a trade price too, I don't pay retail :)

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Speaking of grill replacement, this is an XLT sport in my neighborhood. This dude had to have replaced the grill with a raptor grille right? There was no appearance package in the past few years that looks like this?
Ford F-150 Grill Replacement 20201218_103858

I would have totally done this on mine if I knew it was possible

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
Heffer86 - the price of the grill here in Canada is different than the US cost, plus I get a trade price too, I don't pay retail :)
Interesting..So the dealer will give you a trade in value for your old grill? I have never heard of this.

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
[/QUOTE]
I am another that think the STX looks best of the bunch. My supplier (to get truck imported to UK they purchase from a Canadian Dealer) said expensive so add 30% to 40% to US price (shipping plus 10% import then on top of that 20% TAX). So think I may be spraying the Lariat Sport Grill bars body color to see if that is an improvement . Need to save up for a BDS 6" lift as it totally transforms the truck. Trying to justify the $100k equivalent price for a Lariat sport 4x4 as being individual.

OP
OP
r-model

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
designer
The price that I pay is what they call trade price, that's the price the bodyshops and your local mechanic shop would pay

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I'm in the STX grill camp! I have a 2018 STX and love the truck. Just ordered the 2021 XLT 302A sport package to get the powerboost and pro-power setup. The grill is UgLy. I'm actually not a big fan of the new front end looks regardless. I still prefer the 2018-20 lines up front - especially the STX grill!
I went on Ford's parts network and found the STX grill to be $1007.61 US. WoW. That's insane for some molded plastic that probably take less than $10 to make in materials and time.
Therefore...
I'm thinking about making my own insert to put behind the double bars with a honeycomb style mesh. I've done that on a 2007 Audi A3 when a highway speed impact with flying debris busted the front grill. Came out better than expected!
Ford F-150 Grill Replacement Grill cost!.JPG

Last edited:

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Man I must be the only man who doesnt like the STX grill... I dont mind it I just like every other grill better

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I'd like to go the route of replacing mine with the raptor style FORD lettering rather than the blue oval. Since we don't have a 2021 raptor yet, I think I'll have to wait for awhile before someone comes up with the replica version for 2021.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX

I switched my XLT Sport order to an XL STX mainly due to fear of that new fold-down shifter having problems in the future, but that grille was also a huge factor.

The grille on the XLT Sport looks the same as the cheapest version on a plain Jane XL.
My dealer said it wouldn’t be possible to order the XLT with an STX grille. Was probably just too lazy to arrange for it.

When I was still in line for the XLT Sport the most cost effective method to a nicer looking grille that I came up with was to just have it taken off and painted the body colour.
But that just didn’t feel right, doing that much fiddling around with a brand new truck.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Even though I've seen this thread before, today I saw the title and read it as "Girl Replacement" like someone was replacing their significant other with a truck hahhaha
Sponsored