• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Granger Says They Have 2 Lightnings Allocated

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I have heard nothing from Granger for a few weeks despite a few emails. The person I was assigned to was ill. I spoke with Hunter Talbot who says Granger has only 2 Lightnings allocated to them. They had 1 of them go in Wave 1. I'm now in desperation mode to switch dealers in the faint hope there is a chance I will be in Wave 3.

I did ask Hunter about how the discounted price will work. He says it will be $1,000 off MSRP. Bad news for all of us at Granger. Just a FYI.
Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I have heard nothing from Granger for a few weeks despite a few emails. The person I was assigned to was ill. I spoke with Hunter Talbot who says Granger has only 2 Lightnings allocated to them. They had 1 of them go in Wave 1. I'm now in desperation mode to switch dealers in the faint hope there is a chance I will be in Wave 3.

I did ask Hunter about how the discounted price will work. He says it will be $1,000 off MSRP. Bad news for all of us at Granger. Just a FYI.
Way to go @Ford Motor Company. You have a dealer that wants to treat their customers as something other than a catcher's mitt and punish them for it.

JB-Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC-90

I was just informed by my dealer that they were also allocated 2 Lightnings for MY2022.

ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
sedan
Wow, Granger probably had 100s of reservations and surely several in the first 5 minutes considering the people who made up their pool.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

Well that explains a lot... I was told I was 3rd before wave 1 went out. I was really hoping for an invite today. Guess I will put on my patient pants and try to wait it out... but daddy I want it now! (just watched both version of Wonka last week)

I need a hug

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country

Thanks for the update and sorry for the bummer news. I take it you’ve got an early reservation? I’m sticking with Granger— I’m a late reservation and won’t see any action for a long while anyway, but now I’m beginning to think this is going to stretch out into 2024, or 2025, probably beyond.

OP
OP
Sun Devil

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Thanks for the update and sorry for the bummer news. I take it you’ve got an early reservation? I’m sticking with Granger— I’m a late reservation and won’t see any action for a long while anyway, but now I’m beginning to think this is going to stretch out into 2024, or 2025, probably beyond.
I reserved about 10 hours after the reveal. So not terribly early, but not terribly late. I figure I'm around #20,000.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So at that rate they will only produce 6,000 for 2022 lol
Sounds discouraging, but actually they're on track. 1/dealer each way (2,300 ev certified dealers) X 6 waves = 13,800...then they said they filling the gap with orders after waves are done..so probably filling with 1,200 priority orders = 15,000 22MY lightnings. I know some posts saying very large dealerships got couple orders wave 2, and smaller dealerships are getting 0, so It's playing out as forecasted.

Deleted member 9811

Wow, Granger probably had 100s of reservations and surely several in the first 5 minutes considering the people who made up their pool.
This sounds similar to the Bronco ordering. They took way more reservations, then orders, than they had allotments. I am surprised they are following a similar process with the Lightning ordering.

Sponsored

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
I reserved about 10 hours after the reveal. So not terribly early, but not terribly late. I figure I'm around #20,000.
Better than my cybertruck reservation which took about 10 or 11 hours for the uglyshock to wear off after reveal, and now I am sitting at around 80,000. So maybe in 2025?

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
This sounds similar to the Bronco ordering. They took way more reservations, then orders, than they had allotments. I am surprised they are following a similar process with the Lightning ordering.
its really hard to blame the dealership, they had no idea what their allotment would look like. Not to mention why shouldnt they try selling as many as they can its Ford who made this whole reservation system and then said "you know what nevermind we are going to do whatever we want but hey we get to brag about not playing games and having 200k reservations" they should have stopped reservations as soon as they realizaed they were outpacing their capacity.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
its really hard to blame the dealership, they had no idea what their allotment would look like. Not to mention why shouldnt they try selling as many as they can its Ford who made this whole reservation system and then said "you know what nevermind we are going to do whatever we want but hey we get to brag about not playing games and having 200k reservations" they should have stopped reservations as soon as they realizaed they were outpacing their capacity.
@Ford Motor Company customers are CHOOSING a dealer because of better treatment there than the dealers charging up to $30k ADM. @Ford Motor Company ought to be rewarding the dealers customers prefer. Instead, they'll hide in the other sub-forums and avoid the valid points in the Lightning sub.

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Ford Motor Company customers are CHOOSING a dealer because of better treatment there than the dealers charging up to $30k ADM. @Ford Motor Company ought to be rewarding the dealers customers prefer. Instead, they'll hide in the other sub-forums and avoid the valid points in the Lightning sub.
Completely agree. I choose Granger because I'd been communicating with them for a while as I decided on which vehicle was right for my needs. With their involvement in the forums they have build a reputation as an honest dealer who looks out for their customers. Considering the ridiculously low number of allocations, I feel blessed that I was able to order in wave 1 because I reserved the Bronco 2 weeks after the they opened and got pushed back to probably 2024.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Better than my cybertruck reservation which took about 10 or 11 hours for the uglyshock to wear off after reveal, and now I am sitting at around 80,000. So maybe in 2025?
Should be any day now. Elon said production starting 2021/s.
Sponsored