• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Granger Says They Have 2 Lightnings Allocated

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Hardly practical for most of you I bet, but I bought an ebike (mountain bike, though) while waiting and just ran some errands with it and it was pretty awesome. I've just been riding it on proper trails so far. Sure I can't carry passengers but I could buy one for everyone in the family, including the in laws, and still be out less than the Lariat+. I'm going to try exploring some fire roads (that are all closed to vehicular traffic right now) this week while it's not raining.

Consolation prize while I wait for MY2023.
Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
So my small town dealer, who had me as number 1, and I got to order in the first wave and who is not charging anything extra should be punished based your assessment. I’m glad FMC isn’t listening to you. ??‍♂ Just because a dealership has lots of reservations doesn’t mean they should get priority. I reserved in the first few seconds and I was in wave 1. First come, first served. Seems legit to me.
That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying Ford should be rewarding dealerships like yours. Many of us ordered from small dealerships who treat their customers right. Many of those dealerships are not getting many, if any, allocations for the Lightning. It's not just first come first served. If it were, I don't think any of us would truly have an issue with the process. Ford is still catering to their bigger dealership conglomerates and funneling more allocations to the big sales leaders, regardless of how they treat customers and also prioritizing more allocations into ZEV states to help them meet fleet emissions targets. You were quick and luckily had a dealership where you could be number 1. Congragts! Seriously. But just how many more will your dealership get?

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Hardly practical for most of you I bet, but I bought an ebike (mountain bike, though) while waiting and just ran some errands with it and it was pretty awesome. I've just been riding it on proper trails so far. Sure I can't carry passengers but I could buy one for everyone in the family, including the in laws, and still be out less than the Lariat+. I'm going to try exploring some fire roads (that are all closed to vehicular traffic right now) this week while it's not raining.

Consolation prize while I wait for MY2023.
Yeah, I'm likely going to pick one up for around town trips. Most of our stores are within about 5 miles. Unfortunately, these last two snow storms reminded me that it would be difficult to use all winter, but spring-fall I can just use that.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
So my small town dealer, who had me as number 1, and I got to order in the first wave and who is not charging anything extra should be punished based your assessment. I’m glad FMC isn’t listening to you. ??‍♂ Just because a dealership has lots of reservations doesn’t mean they should get priority. I reserved in the first few seconds and I was in wave 1. First come, first served. Seems legit to me.
You're misunderstanding--take away allocations from the dealers who ARE charging ADM and send them towards Granger and others that are bringing in business by treating their customers fairly; these aren't MEGA dealers that are getting screwed over. Stop with the ZEV allocations and use timestamp. Happy for every dealer to get an allocation--each dealer ought to get one at least so that their customers are advertising this cool product.

I too used a small town dealer, was number one, and didn't get an invite. I also guarantee I had a reservation before you. If they'd just use the reservation system as the #1 driver in their linear programming we'd both be happy. So would Bronco and Maverick buyers. That would truly be "first come, first served" which isn't what happened here. Instead dealers charged for invites, gave priority to their buddies (or themselves!), and Ford prioritized ZEV states.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Invites should have been solely based on reservation datestamp and allocation based entirely on where an invited reservation holder decides to order from.

Just wait and see how upset everyone will be when some dealers start getting inventory before all reservations have been filled...

I think @Ford Motor Company is getting better at this but there is still much improvement needed. Inviting in waves was much better than the Bronco process where everyone had to order before knowing their place in line.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sun Devil

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I will just add that GM allegedly has this figured out. After being burned with Ford, it made me concerned about my Silverado EV dealer selection. According to several sources in the GM forums, GM simply goes off timestamp as to who gets to order. Your choice of dealer has nothing to do with it. They will deliver to the dealer you choose and there isn't the guessing game of how many allotments your dealer will get. Nor does it seem the dealer gets to cut people in front of your time stamp. (i.e. prioritize reservations.)

Why can't it be that simple?! Allow customers to order by their reservation time stamp and select whichever dealer they choose? Then Granger would make a killing because they would have a lot of early reservation holders actually getting their Lightnings. Instead, early reservation holders are actually punished for choosing a dealer that is treating their customers extremely well.

Hopefully GM's Silverado EV process will be as I'm told and mimic the Hummer EV process. ?

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I will just add that GM allegedly has this figured out. After being burned with Ford, it made me concerned about my Silverado EV dealer selection. According to several sources in the GM forums, GM simply goes off timestamp as to who gets to order. Your choice of dealer has nothing to do with it. They will deliver to the dealer you choose and there isn't the guessing game of how many allotments your dealer will get. Nor does it seem the dealer gets to cut people in front of your time stamp. (i.e. prioritize reservations.)

Why can't it be that simple?! Allow customers to order by their reservation time stamp and select whichever dealer they choose? Then Granger would make a killing because they would have a lot of early reservation holders actually getting their Lightnings. Instead, early reservation holders are actually punished for choosing a dealer that is treating their customers extremely well.

Hopefully GM's Silverado EV process will be as I'm told and mimic the Hummer EV process. ?
And add to that the fact, mentioned elsewhere, that they strongly told dealers “NO ADM!”

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
And add to that the fact, mentioned elsewhere, that they strongly told dealers “NO ADM!”
“But wait, there’s more”: GM stated -at the reveal- that cheaper base versions will be available….later. Basically addressing all the issues people on here had about Ford’s approach. We’ll see how it goes IRL.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
“But wait, there’s more”: GM stated -at the reveal- that cheaper base versions will be available….later. Basically addressing all the issues people on here had about Ford’s approach. We’ll see how it goes IRL.
So far GM looks like they've listened to Ford customers and intend to not make the same mistakes. I'm hopeful it'll go smoothly and force Ford to unbolt their heads from their exhaust pipes. Too bad Mike Levine and @Ford Motor Company are on yet another coffee break and ignoring the Lightning sub-forum.

In addition to my three other EV reservations I've now put in an order for a Mach-E. I need to replace a vehicle this year, want an EV, and want the tax credit. Once Ford no longer has tax credits I'm done with them while they keep in place this system that has repeatedly screwed loyal and excited fans.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
So far GM looks like they've listened to Ford customers and intend to not make the same mistakes. I'm hopeful it'll go smoothly and force Ford to unbolt their heads from their exhaust pipes. Too bad Mike Levine and @Ford Motor Company are on yet another coffee break and ignoring the Lightning sub-forum.

In addition to my three other EV reservations I've now put in an order for a Mach-E. I need to replace a vehicle this year, want an EV, and want the tax credit. Once Ford no longer has tax credits I'm done with them while they keep in place this system that has repeatedly screwed loyal and excited fans.
If the Mach E works for you that's good. Did you consider other manufacturers? I would be reluctant to reward Ford with business if I felt screwed by them....but that's just me.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
If the Mach E works for you that's good. Did you consider other manufacturers? I would be reluctant to reward Ford with business if I felt screwed by them....but that's just me.
I'm not the person you quoted, but for me personally it's the best EV out there under $65k, even with its many flaws (just browse the Mach-E subreddit). I've literally been putting hours of research in every week since September. Ford's at least attempting OTA updates, even if it's still bad after a year. The MME has a pretty compelling tech package for the price, even before the tax credit.

I really don't want to reward Ford with my money after this fiasco but based on my research and test drives, it's probably the best EV available at its price range. Close runner-up was the Polestar.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I'm not the person you quoted, but for me personally it's the best EV out there under $65k, even with its many flaws (just browse the Mach-E subreddit). I've literally been putting hours of research in every week since September. Ford's at least attempting OTA updates, even if it's still bad after a year. The MME has a pretty compelling tech package for the price, even before the tax credit.

I really don't want to reward Ford with my money after this fiasco but based on my research and test drives, it's probably the best EV available at its price range. Close runner-up was the Polestar.
I liked Polestar 2. My biggest problem was that my right leg/knee rests against the hard center console. Otherwise, it seemed to be a pretty good/nice car - even in its basic trim.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I liked Polestar 2. My biggest problem was that my right leg/knee rests against the hard center console. Otherwise, it seemed to be a pretty good/nice car - even in its basic trim.
The center console is what really gave me pause. I'm still confused why it's so large that the second cupholder had to be put inside the [tiny] storage compartment. That and the baffling inclusion of a massive hump in the back row floor.

But otherwise I really enjoyed driving it, and I was surprised by how much I actually loved the infotainment/control software. Integrated Google Maps is a much better system than all of these OEM homegrown systems.

EDIT: I knew there was another huge negative: The rear window. It is ridiculously too narrow, I wasn't a fan.

Last edited:

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma

The Mach-E looks alright but $61,500 MSRP gets you into the highest level Audi Q4 E-Tron Sportback which is my vote. I know guys who loved their E-Tron after moving from other high end ICE cars. Don’t know anyone with a Mach-E though.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Own a VW ID.4, which we love, and have reservations for the Rivian R1T, a second ID.4, and the Ioniq 5. Idea is to stick to an EV and tax credit this year. Not keen on Ford after the Lightning screw-over, but could make a MME my last Ford for sure. Order is through another dealer as I'm not sure I'm getting an honest response on whether they had a Wave 1/2 or not. All I keep hearing is that I was first in line.
Sponsored