Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
So I was asked and did not have a great answer for the Forum member here...

Q - It appears I pay for this feature then later down the road I have to pay additional to activate it? For the software upgrade
If so, any clue on how much that will be? I do not know the cost

The prep part of the package is for the Active Drive Assist - Hands free driving feature...

The "kit" has the hardware that is required for the feature to work...
  • Additional radar
  • Driver facing camera
The software to make is actually work needs to be purchased at a later date with the price yet unknown...

Ford is expecting to release it in the 3rd Quarter of 2021 and then it would be fully functional...

The part of the package that is included for the Co-Piolot360 Active 2.0 Prep is:
  • Active Park Assist 2.0 that basically parks the truck when a suitable place has been found
  • The Active Driver Assist Prep Kit (see above)

Moderator edit: Added infographic of the technologies in Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 (from Mach-E materials).

Ford F-150 Granger Ford - Great question about Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package Mach-E-Co-Pilot360-2.0
Sponsored

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
So I was asked and did not have a great answer for the Forum member here...

Q - It appears I pay for this feature then later down the road I have to pay additional to activate it? For the software upgrade
If so, any clue on how much that will be? I do not know the cost

The prep part of the package is for the Active Drive Assist - Hands free driving feature...

The "kit" has the hardware that is required for the feature to work...
  • Additional radar
  • Driver facing camera
The software to make is actually work needs to be purchased at a later date with the price yet unknown...

Ford is expecting to release it in the 3rd Quarter of 2021 and then it would be fully functional...

The part of the package that is included for the Co-Piolot360 Active 2.0 Prep is:
  • Active Park Assist 2.0 that basically parks the truck when a suitable place has been found
  • The Active Driver Assist Prep Kit (see above)

Moderator edit: Added infographic of the technologies in Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 (from Mach-E materials).

Mach-E-Co-Pilot360-2.0.jpg
Do you know if the FORD CO-PILOT360 ACTV2.0 PREP can be added after truck has been built as an option later on at the dealer?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Do you know if the FORD CO-PILOT360 ACTV2.0 PREP can be added after truck has been built as an option later on at the dealer?
I mean anything is possible with money but I’m really leaning towards no it’s not possible.

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
Based on they way Ford has treated adding new features to old models I doubt it from a software perspective. On the hardware front I find it interesting that this is even a separate package, would have made way more sense to just include the interior camera and front radar then try to upsell the software at a later date if not purchased originally. The hardware modifications are so little I'd assume the wiring harness is there and the hardware would be easy to install and activate with forscan.

With the OTA I'm assuming there will be a VIN lock or something to activate the software feature. Since I'm getting an XLT this is not even an option but I would attempt this mod if someone figured out the software portion. The most promising part of this is that is does not require any different CPU or processors and that would be expensive or much more difficult.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT MGR
Based on they way Ford has treated adding new features to old models I doubt it from a software perspective. On the hardware front I find it interesting that this is even a separate package, would have made way more sense to just include the interior camera and front radar then try to upsell the software at a later date if not purchased originally. The hardware modifications are so little I'd assume the wiring harness is there and the hardware would be easy to install and activate with forscan.

With the OTA I'm assuming there will be a VIN lock or something to activate the software feature. Since I'm getting an XLT this is not even an option but I would attempt this mod if someone figured out the software portion. The most promising part of this is that is does not require any different CPU or processors and that would be expensive or much more difficult.
Tesla has all autopilot hardware installed on all vehicles and back charge when activating the software. Wish Ford would have done it like that. I'm hesitant to fork out $1000 for the "prep" kit which doesn't mean much if they decides to scrap that project.

Hands free driving is a nice feature to have, I use a device from comma.ai that uses OpenPilot on my Accord, came back from a 800 mile round trip last weekend, makes the driving long distance a little more tolerable.

Sponsored

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
Tesla has all autopilot hardware installed on all vehicles and back charge when activating the software. Wish Ford would have done it like that. I'm hesitant to fork out $1000 for the "prep" kit which doesn't mean much if they decides to scrap that project.

Hands free driving is a nice feature to have, I use a device from comma.ai that uses OpenPilot on my Accord, came back from a 800 mile round trip last weekend, makes the driving long distance a little more tolerable.
I think they will deploy it and will work well being a system similar to super cruise. The bigger issue for me would be I have to go a trim level higher to get it and its unknown what roads it will work on in Canada.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT MGR
I think they will deploy it and will work well being a system similar to super cruise. The bigger issue for me would be I have to go a trim level higher to get it and its unknown what roads it will work on in Canada.
I wouldn't mind paying for it after I get my truck to have the dealer install it but at $73K MSRP, $$$ is starting to add up.

RoxasTheNobody98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat

Speaking of openpilot, do you have a 21 with Assist 2.0? I'm in that community, and the only Ford dev. Though I got banned from their Discord. Long story.

If you have that, I'd be willing to get the 2021 ported to openpilot. My repo currently runs 0.8.0, with the primary branch supporting older Ford's over Active Park.

https://github.com/roxasthenobody98/phoenixpilot

Can't legally call mine openpilot tho.

Reactions: tcp

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT MGR
Speaking of openpilot, do you have a 21 with Assist 2.0? I'm in that community, and the only Ford dev. Though I got banned from their Discord. Long story.

If you have that, I'd be willing to get the 2021 ported to openpilot. My repo currently runs 0.8.0, with the primary branch supporting older Ford's over Active Park.

https://github.com/roxasthenobody98/phoenixpilot

Can't legally call mine openpilot tho.
Still waiting on my 21 and it will have assist 2.0.
Sponsored