Sponsored

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Ruby Red Lariat Screw
does anyone know what the actual build time of a truck from start to finish is? A day? A week?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
At full song...

An F-150 spends about 20 hours in the plant getting built...

One rolling off the line every 53 seconds...

fordman2112

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum , Rapid Red Powerboost, BAP
Occupation
retired
At full song...

An F-150 spends about 20 hours in the plant getting built...

One rolling off the line every 53 seconds...
Albert, if i wanted my truck to arrive at the beginning of January, when should i place my order? Thanks

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Soon the next pick date for the F-150's build week is Nov 23rd 2020 so it would be 6-8 weeks after that depending on dealers distance from the plant...

This is the tentative scheduling plan for the production period. This is just a guide for scheduling. This information is tentative and may change at any time.
Ford F-150 Granger Ford - How to buy that new F-150 1599960530261

Last edited:

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How does the whole order process work actually? I put an order in with my dealer on 7/25 for a Screw Lariat 5.0. My order has Priority 19. I put a deposit down. Once they input my order into their system, does Ford automatically retrieve all the orders from Dealer systems once they start process orders? Or does the Dealer have to submit the order after Ford starts process them? My dealer also told me they order a duplicate of my order as a stock order so I get the fiorst one that comes in. I have heard that Ford then builds them in batches of like models such as a batch of XL Scabs with 2.7 engine then a batch of Limited Screws with 3.5 etc. Seeing some people posting they have gotten a VIN, should I be receiving one soon based on when I ordered mine?

Sponsored

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
The order and getting the truck is the easy part the getting it to California is the hard part, unless you want to fly in and drive it home...

If you are interested DM me....
Definitely not flying anywhere. Any chance it can be delivered, either to me or to a local dealer?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Once they input my order into their system, does Ford automatically retrieve all the orders from Dealer systems once they start process orders?

Yes

Or does the Dealer have to submit the order after Ford starts process them?

No

I have heard that Ford then builds them in batches of like models such as a batch of XL Scabs with 2.7 engine then a batch of Limited Screws with 3.5 etc.

Sort of

Seeing some people posting they have gotten a VIN, should I be receiving one soon based on when I ordered mine?

As soon as Ford assigns a clean build to in and schedules it to be built...

At the begging of a new product year, the can be slow but when at full production usually a week or two...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Does your dealership do shipping to someone? I live in ohio thats why I ask.
we can have them shipped but trucks usually cost too much so if you can get an invoice or x plan deal from that distance it is better to do locally...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Definitely not flying anywhere. Any chance it can be delivered, either to me or to a local dealer?
Yes but LA would offset any savings that you can get at an invoice or x plan deal...

Sponsored

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Once they input my order into their system, does Ford automatically retrieve all the orders from Dealer systems once they start process orders?

Yes

Or does the Dealer have to submit the order after Ford starts process them?

No

I have heard that Ford then builds them in batches of like models such as a batch of XL Scabs with 2.7 engine then a batch of Limited Screws with 3.5 etc.

Sort of

Seeing some people posting they have gotten a VIN, should I be receiving one soon based on when I ordered mine?

As soon as Ford assigns a clean build to in and schedules it to be built...

At the begging of a new product year, the can be slow but when at full production usually a week or two...
Thanks for the quick answers :)

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
I just get the canadian build and price 2021 F-150 from Carcost. Ford Canada has an an insane price of 65,000.00 for an xlt with 302A option, 3.5 ecoboost. $3250.00 just for the engine. And if i choose a 5.0l it's $3500.00. The B&O 900.00, $2100.00 for the 360° camera with ford co-pilot assist. I will keep my 2015 one for sure.

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just get the canadian build and price 2021 F-150 from Carcost. Ford Canada has an an insane price of 65,000.00 for an xlt with 302A option, 3.5 ecoboost. $3250.00 just for the engine. And if i choose a 5.0l it's $3500.00. The B&O 900.00, $2100.00 for the 360° camera with ford co-pilot assist. I will keep my 2015 one for sure.
In the US here. You didnt say if your price was MSRP or not. I ordered a Lariat 502A with the 5.0L, B&O Unleashed, pano moonroof FX4 package which came out to 65,000 MSRP

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
First time poster here.

I'm having trouble finding a dealer in my area (Northern Virginia) who will take an order for the truck below MSRP and negotiate a trade. I've spoken to the 2 closest dealers to me, and they are both willing to take the $1000 deposit on the full MSRP, but nothing less. And they refuse to give me an offer for my trade in. They both want to negotiate the trade in value when the new truck is at the dealership. I've ordered F-150's before, and I've always negotiated a full deal before placing the order (Not in this area though). Is this the new normal for ordering a truck? Order the truck, then negotiate final price once it's ready for pick up?
Sponsored