Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Thanks for your response.
I've had my VIN for a few weeks, but haven't really followed up since then for a status. Trying really hard to maintain an "it'll get here when it gets here" attitude. ?
Ordered mine 2 months ago today----still in unscheduled-clean
I think I saw the joint that will be building mine will start putting them together in about 12 days
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Info I've been getting in an unofficial manner it's looking like Job1 or OKTB status is targeted to start 12-13 Nov. Fingers crossed...

The end of this month first of Nov, those with retail orders should start seeing some movement in their scheculing and VINs assigned. Provided of course your order does not have any late availability options.

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
Would a 157" powerboost be a late(r) availability? IIRC the 157" wheelbase trucks are all produced in the other plant.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Maybe this should be a new thread, but I want the Granger man to wade in. Is there a build and price site that would give me the invoice price? I have been away from this site for awhile so perhaps this question has been addressed already. I have a F-150 built with MSRP, but don’t have a feel for invoice. Thanks in advance for any help.

I NEEEED a f150

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX 2014
Maybe this should be a new thread, but I want the Granger man to wade in. Is there a build and price site that would give me the invoice price? I have been away from this site for awhile so perhaps this question has been addressed already. I have a F-150 built with MSRP, but don’t have a feel for invoice. Thanks in advance for any help.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2021/Ford/F-150

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
From the Order Guide, it appears that Trailer Reverse Guidance is standard when you add the stand alone option for the 360 camera.

The other addition to the truck with the Max Trailer Tow Package (as shown in the 2021 F-150 Technical Specifications guide that was posted on the site over a month ago is slightly larger rear brakes. 350 mm diameter x 24 mm thick rotors, as opposed to 336 x 20. Same calipers and pads either way. The slightly larger rear brakes probably account for some increased trailer weight rating.

For the 2020 F-150, 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 Box, it looks like Max Trailer Tow added 2000 lbs of trailer weight over just the tow package, going from 10,500 to 12,500 with the 3.5 ecoboost and 3.55 rear end.

Still, we're paying a lot of cash, and not getting any credit for the standard features like the reciever hitch and brake controller on the higher trims, to get the Max Trailer Tow Package. Essentially $1500 extra to go with Max Tow and 360 Camera, as opposed to going with the Tow Technology package. The only differences I can find are the upgraded bumper, bigger rear brakes, and ability to order the tow mirrors.

But if you are buying your truck with the intention to tow with it, there really isn't much of a choice. Based on the 2020 numbers Max Tow is going to give you 2000 lbs of extra trailer rating, and if you need it, you need it. You can always upgrade the brakes on your own later, but if you ever have warranty claims and they figure out you were towing too heavy they can void your warranty...
Did you account for the larger gas tank and the e-locking rear end upgrades.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Did you account for the larger gas tank and the e-locking rear end upgrades.
I did not, simply because I ordered a PowerBoost, which already comes with the 3.73 E-Locker, and has a unique fuel tank size because of the battery. These are additional options that I've already paid for in ordering the PowerBoost I wish they would discount from the price of the Max Trailer Tow Package, but oh well. But yes, people buying the Max Trailer Tow Package with one of the other powertrains do get those added benefits.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I did not, simply because I ordered a PowerBoost, which already comes with the 3.73 E-Locker, and has a unique fuel tank size because of the battery. These are additional options that I've already paid for in ordering the PowerBoost I wish they would discount from the price of the Max Trailer Tow Package, but oh well. But yes, people buying the Max Trailer Tow Package with one of the other powertrains do get those added benefits.
Yes that is bs from Ford then the you can’t just get the bumper and then buy the tow tech pack.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
^^^^^ this!

The 36 gal and pro backup assist are 2 of the key things about max tow and on upper trims and PB those are moot points, and you would think the delta adder would be smaller on those builds for just the brakes and cooling. The delta adder for PB at higher trims is already smaller so it can be done, just wish they did for max tow.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
So if I am doing the 3.73, upgraded 36gal tank and Tow Tech package I am probably better off just doing Max trailer tow and getting those included.. is there anything tow tech offers that Max doesn’t?

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Any updates if they’ve even started building any trucks yet? Im in Canada can I expect to see my truck this year? Thanks

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
So if I am doing the 3.73, upgraded 36gal tank and Tow Tech package I am probably better off just doing Max trailer tow and getting those included.. is there anything tow tech offers that Max doesn’t?
Tow Tech includes the 360 Camera, and you have to add that as a stand alone if you go Max Tow, there might be other things, but that is the one I remember off the top of my head. I honestly didn't even consider Tow Technology, as I want to ensure I have the maximum tow rating, and I want the mirrors, so I didn't study the Tow Technology package very closely.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Tow Tech includes the 360 Camera, and you have to add that as a stand alone if you go Max Tow, there might be other things, but that is the one I remember off the top of my head. I honestly didn't even consider Tow Technology, as I want to ensure I have the maximum tow rating, and I want the mirrors, so I didn't study the Tow Technology package very closely.
Yeah I think it adds BLIS, 360 and hitch assist, but I believe those come included on high trims already.
Sponsored