Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Question for Granger Ford.

Do you know if the 2021 XLT models will all be console shifters vs column shifters?

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a 2020 or 2021 and I'm not a huge fan of the center console shifters as I like the extra space. I'm considering a XLT 302A in either 2020 or 2021.

Thanks
They still make the 40/20/40 seat so those will be column shift..
Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thank you, I've seen this, but how do I calculate based on specific trim and options? I see the 4x4 Eco Boost short bed is 2100 and the powerboost is 1830. How do I know what a platinum trim with a couple packages will weight? I cannot order until I know a closer payload weight for a plat....is that possible?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you, I've seen this, but how do I calculate based on specific trim and options? I see the 4x4 Eco Boost short bed is 2100 and the powerboost is 1830. How do I know what a platinum trim with a couple packages will weight? I cannot order until I know a closer payload weight for a plat....is that possible?
The trims mean little just the body style and engines along with options will add weight and remove payload i.e. dual sunroof...

That is why they come with stickers on them when built...

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The trims mean little just the body style and engines along with options will add weight and remove payload i.e. dual sunroof...

That is why they come with stickers on them when built...
Okay, I thought the main trims would affect it a decent amount, I know the dual moonroof adds a lot. if I just want an powerboost 4x4 platinum, no sunroof, where would you expect that to fall roughly from the 1830lb figure?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Okay, I thought the main trims would affect it a decent amount, I know the dual moonroof adds a lot. if I just want an powerboost 4x4 platinum, no sunroof, where would you expect that to fall roughly from the 1830lb figure?
Yes the batteries and drive system are eating at the payload...

The Automobile business finally has a standard across the board ( a few years now) that all truck makers follow...

Before Brand X claimed 2000 then Brand Y would go 2500 the Brand Z went 2750 to the point of being ridiculous, these are 1/2 ton (1000#) trucks with payload "capabilities" of a much larger truck..

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I was worried about it affecting angles of things like the steering linkage or sway bar linkages. I always get the ford ESP Platinum.
It can certainly wear out your wheel bearings... ask me how I know. I did a 2" level and 34" tires on my 2011 and had to replace with moog "problem solver" wheel bearings with more of a tolerance. I would not plan on having a warranty on anything from suspension/steering wise if you do a leveling kit or new struts. I'm sure they would warranty the powertrain etc, but you will get told to pound sand if they can relate the issue to the changes that were made. Get it in writing if you are worried about it for sure.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I'm going to likely want to do a leveling kit and larger tires. I saw a pic of almost the exact Platinum I will likely order and didn't like the rake of the truck or the passenger tires that were on it. If the dealer adds the leveling kit prior to delivery, will Ford (or I suppose that dealer) honor the warranty?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I'm going to likely want to do a leveling kit and larger tires. I saw a pic of almost the exact Platinum I will likely order and didn't like the rake of the truck or the passenger tires that were on it. If the dealer adds the leveling kit prior to delivery, will Ford (or I suppose that dealer) honor the warranty?
I would get it in writing, and they will likely want to do the work which will be pricey. Doesn't hurt to ask.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
We level and lift trucks and they will have warranty, if you put on wheels that have too much negative offset that will put too much torque on the front bearings and they will fail, we use the proper offset per Ford so as not to cause that problem...

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1602172562563

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
We level and lift trucks and they will have warranty, if you put on wheels that have too much negative offset that will put too much torque on the front bearings and they will fail, we use the proper offset per Ford so as not to cause that problem...

1602172562563.png
I'll run the stock wheels with just a larger tire. I did the same thing on my '05 Wrangler Rubicon. As an example: If I bought the truck from Granger with the leveling kit, would I have have to bring it back to Granger for warranty repair in regards to any suspension issues or would my local dealer honor it? I don't expect any issues to arise, but you never know.

I had something on my tonneau cover break this past week. I took it to Toyota (not the dealer I bought it from) and they simply asked if it was purchased new with that accessory. I said yes and they said...covered! It was a good feeling!

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
@Granger Ford , any news on those who place an order with the Powerstroke? I saw one thread mention the diesel one's not getting put together until 11/30 at the earliest, but not sure if this is accurate. Ordered a Platinum diesel to be shipped to CA if that matters. Thanks!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
@Granger Ford , any news on those who place an order with the Powerstroke? I saw one thread mention the diesel one's not getting put together until 11/30 at the earliest, but not sure if this is accurate. Ordered a Platinum diesel to be shipped to CA if that matters. Thanks!
We do not have any of the Diesels ordered so I do not know of that exact answer but dealer allocation also plays into the timing of the truck build...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Don't know if this helps. This is a few weeks old, came from my dealer on some info on orders to dealers. May be what you were referring to.

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions Screenshot11

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Thanks for posting that.
It was this that I saw that told me where my truck was coming from.
someone asked how did I know where, and I had no idea here I saw this, but I retained some of it

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Once they accept your order and physically start building the truck, any idea how long it takes to build and then ship to the dealer?
Sponsored