Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Do you know for someone looking to order with a dealer today, what a realistic delivery date would be? My dealer is saying 2-3 months but closer to 2 months - I personally don’t think they have any true official info to gauge that timeframe.

Figured I would ask here since you guys would be honest and realistic about it. Thanks!

also if it helps - power boost XLT 4x4 supercrew 5.5 w/some options like the 7.2kw
My Platinum Powerboost 7.2W delivers later this month. Total time will be about 7 weeks from the time I walked into the dealership until I will see it in my driveway. I feel extremely fortunate.
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
My Platinum Powerboost 7.2W delivers later this month. Total time will be about 7 weeks from the time I walked into the dealership until I will see it in my driveway. I feel extremely fortunate.
You lucky dog.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Wow, thats insane turn around, you should buy a lotto ticket!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
In fairness he's an OG that's been around this forum since summer... Just hadn't pulled the trigger until the fast throughput (for some) stage.

I've seen some that ordered in January that have their trucks. It's just amazing what is POSSIBLE but not at all the average case.

LA1401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Lariat 502a Supercab
Occupation
government employee
Hello Albert. Question- How come some dealers can lock in rebates when ordering a truck & some say that they can't & you will receive whatever rebates are available at the time of delivery? Thank you for all the help that you have provided!

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Not Albert (obviously) but Blend date is the date your trucks parts are going to be loaded onto the line to be built, may not correspond exactly with the blend date, but it should be close
Some time after I picked my truck up and opened the hood,
I found several stickers on components that had the blend date on them.
All of them have -24-2161, my blend date (1/24/21).
The date was not on the window sticker provided by the dealer.

So, if you just bought a truck and don’t know the date it was scheduled, peek under the hood and look for a couple of stickers with a bar code and 6 numbers

Cestle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon-to-be F150
Hello,

I have two (maybe 3) questions.

How do you figure out the Invoice for Max Trailer Tow Package (53C)?

It seems that there are three options but the MSRP doesn't have $1,995 as the Ford site and order guide.

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1618186488263

Is 53C one part and maybe 17T along with something else adds up to the $1,995 price?

Max Trailer Tow Package (NA w/Tow Technology Pkg (17T), 3.3L V6 (99B), 2.7L GTDI (99P) engine, 122” Wheelbase, 17” Silver Aluminum Painted Wheels (64F) or 18” Chrome-Like PVD Wheels (64T); incl. Pro Trailer Backup Assist)​
Note: Ordering the Max Trailer Tow Package does not include Trailer Tow Mirrors. Trailer Tow Mirrors are a standalone option and must be ordered separately. (Option Code: 54Y/59S)​

This is the build I am thinking as listed on the Ford site.

Can I get a quote for this build?

Model
XLT, SuperCrew, 5-1/2' Box, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost with Auto Start-Stop Technology, Electronic Ten-Speed Automatic Transmission with Selectable Drive Modes, 4x4, 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio.​
Paint
Agate Black​
Packages
302A High​
FX4 Off-Road Package​
Max Trailer Tow Package​
360-Degree Camera Package​
XLT Sport Appearance Package​
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0​
Exterior
Bedliner – Tough Bed® Spray-In​
Windows – Rear Power-Sliding​
Trailer Tow Mirrors - Manual-Folding, Manually Telescoping, Power Glass – Heat, Turn Signal, High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, LED Sideview Mirror Spotlights and Black Skull Caps​
Interior
Interior Work Surface​
Twin Panel Moonroof​
B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio​

Last edited:

JAGSarge

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram SCREW 4x4
Occupation
Fed. Gov. Paralegal
Hi Albert ? nice to see you around these parts
Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions tenor

I know he's been on here awhile now, but y'all Albert and Granger are VERY much friends to the forum enthusiasts.

Many upon many Bronco reservation was transferred to them from the other forum. Very straight and upfront as y'all have probably already realized.

Noel

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4 x 4
Can anyone tell me the differences between the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 and the Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0? (The former comes on XL and XLT trim levels and the latter only comes on Lariat and above trim levels.). Thanks, Noel

Sponsored

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
The copilot active is the one that Ford will send OTA around this spring. It will give you the possibility to let thhe truck drive by himself on predertermine mapped roads in USA and Canada. The copilot assist is the option with lane centering system and keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, evasive steering assist and stop and go feature.

Noel

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The copilot active is the one that Ford will send OTA around this spring. It will give you the possibility to let thhe truck drive by himself on predertermine mapped roads in USA and Canada. The copilot assist is the option with lane centering system and keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, evasive steering assist and stop and go feature.
Why did Ford not install co-pilot active on all vehicles? For example, I only drive single-cab trucks. That means I cannot buy any trim higher than XLT. Yet, I will not purchase a new vehicle without the self-driving technology. It seems odd to lose a customer because they chose not to install the same software on all its vehicles to allow customers to buy or not buy the OTA update.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Why did Ford not install co-pilot active on all vehicles? For example, I only drive single-cab trucks. That means I cannot buy any trim higher than XLT. Yet, I will not purchase a new vehicle without the self-driving technology. It seems odd to lose a customer because they chose not to install the same software on all its vehicles to allow customers to buy or not buy the OTA update.
I don’t mind that they left it out of mine. I got the Assist and the Active besides costing more would have added cabin cameras which I’m not too excited to have.

From what I have seen so far (no personal experience) the Assist and Active seem pretty much the same other than the Active with the cameras making sure your eyes are on the road, lets you actually take your hands off the wheel instead of alerting you and shutting off. Also active requires an additional subscription service.

Noel

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have no doubt that you will be able to purchase it as an upgrade at some point.

Personally, I didn't want it on mine but that WAS a decision that required a lot of thought. I can certainly see why someone would if for no other reason, resale value.
I am sitting back waiting. I have a list of things I want a vehicle to have before I buy a new one. Ford also took the heated steering wheel off the XLT models. They do not even offer it as an option. I understand they want buyers to move up to the lariat package, but what they do not understand is I will never buy a Lariat because they only come in extended or dual cabs. I will not own a boat. I will only buy a regular cab truck. We will see who earns my business. Ford could win it today if they allowed me to buy a regular cab with the options I want.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Tr
I don’t mind that they left it out of mine. I got the Assist and the Active besides costing more would have added cabin cameras which I’m not too excited to have.

From what I have seen so far (no personal experience) the Assist and Active seem pretty much the same other than the Active with the cameras making sure your eyes are on the road, lets you actually take your hands off the wheel instead of alerting you and shutting off. Also active requires an additional subscription service.
True but what you got isn't OTA upgradable. That's the difference. With the Active upgrade, Ford can send your truck an upgrade over the air that will make it drive itself (on certain roads)

But unless you're retired and pulling your RV all across America, I doubt you would really want that anyway.

It might be a good feature for resale value but I think you're like me and would never want to use it.

I'm not even too excited about "Autostop" shutting my engine off every time I hit a red light but there's a "fix" for that...
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/.../products/2021-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator
Sponsored