Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
So I noticed that the 2KW pro power onboard is not compatible with the lockable fold flat storage under the seats. My assumption is that the battery is taking up some of that space...Has anyone seen a photo or have any information on how much storage space the 2KW pro power takes up under the seat? I don't want to lose too much space.
That is what I am told but have not seen a photo of it...
Sponsored

Shiles8

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F-150 (Sold) and a minivan.
Occupation
Systems Admin
Hi,

Great answers on so many questions. I am curious if you can order BSW tires with the following config

2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Supercrew, 5' Bed
AntiMatter Blue, no secondary color
601A High
360 Degree camera
5.0 V8 or even the new hybrid
36 Gallon tank
3.73 Electronic Locker
Twin Panel Moonroof

Thanks so much.
Brian

ps. The configurator doesn't show the option.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Hi,

Great answers on so many questions. I am curious if you can order BSW tires with the following config

2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Supercrew, 5' Bed
AntiMatter Blue, no secondary color
601A High
360 Degree camera
5.0 V8 or even the new hybrid
36 Gallon tank
3.73 Electronic Locker
Twin Panel Moonroof

Thanks so much.
Brian

There is only a wheel option Chrome vs Machined Aluminum no tire options at all..

Marco 9802

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 platinum
Occupation
machine demonstrator
I would take it off, try it for sizing and if it did not fit sell it to offset some of the new one...
To be honest I have one as well i purchased it from someone and it fits fine. I don't even know what truck it came from but you can adjust the locking bars lower or higher. The beds in the pictures I've seen look similar. I believe it's the trucks body panels that changed not the box. The plan is to transfer it to the 2021. Best cover and I can not go without it.

Sponsored

ihsoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
Maybe this will help.

1599090057215.png
So this is helpful, but I'm still pretty dense.

I'm looking at a Lariat, which will already include the harness and hitch, right? So the $880 Tow Tech Package actually includes everything?

Why would anyone choose the Trailer Tow Package (on Lariat or above) and pay more to not get the 360 camera?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
So this is helpful, but I'm still pretty dense.

I'm looking at a Lariat, which will already include the harness and hitch, right? So the $880 Tow Tech Package actually includes everything?

Why would anyone choose the Trailer Tow Package (on Lariat or above) and pay more to not get the 360 camera?
I don't think anyone has quite figured out the tow package differences. And it is painful, because it does look like ordering the Tow Technology Package on an XLT mid or up would get everything you really need, including the cameras, for far less money. The only definitive things we know is that Max Trailer Tow Package has an upgraded bumper, and either the Trailer Tow or Max Trailer Tow packages are required if you want to order the trailer tow mirrors.

Personally, in ordering a KR, that already has the brake controller and hitch, I know I am overpaying for the Max Trailer Tow package for options that are already standard on the KR. But, the only way to ensure your truck is rated for the highest possible tow ratings, is to order the Max Trailer Tow package. In years past, F-150s that did not have these packages were limited to some pretty low trailer weights like 5500-7500 lbs, as opposed to 11,500 or more. Plus, I want the mirrors, so I am pretty much forced into ordering one or the other tow packages.

Last edited:

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
This is very helpful. Since the only additional thing that the Tow Technology Package is adding over Trailer Tow (or Max Trailer Tow, which is what I am ordering) are: (1) Trailer Reverse Guidance, and (2) 360 degree camera.

Seeing that I am getting the 360 camera through direct options, that leaves only the reverse guidance. Does that apply for the 5th wheel trailers as well?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
From the Order Guide, it appears that Trailer Reverse Guidance is standard when you add the stand alone option for the 360 camera.

The other addition to the truck with the Max Trailer Tow Package (as shown in the 2021 F-150 Technical Specifications guide that was posted on the site over a month ago is slightly larger rear brakes. 350 mm diameter x 24 mm thick rotors, as opposed to 336 x 20. Same calipers and pads either way. The slightly larger rear brakes probably account for some increased trailer weight rating.

For the 2020 F-150, 4x4 Super Crew 5.5 Box, it looks like Max Trailer Tow added 2000 lbs of trailer weight over just the tow package, going from 10,500 to 12,500 with the 3.5 ecoboost and 3.55 rear end.

Still, we're paying a lot of cash, and not getting any credit for the standard features like the reciever hitch and brake controller on the higher trims, to get the Max Trailer Tow Package. Essentially $1500 extra to go with Max Tow and 360 Camera, as opposed to going with the Tow Technology package. The only differences I can find are the upgraded bumper, bigger rear brakes, and ability to order the tow mirrors.

But if you are buying your truck with the intention to tow with it, there really isn't much of a choice. Based on the 2020 numbers Max Tow is going to give you 2000 lbs of extra trailer rating, and if you need it, you need it. You can always upgrade the brakes on your own later, but if you ever have warranty claims and they figure out you were towing too heavy they can void your warranty...

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I do think my statement about 2020 non-Max Trailer Tow Package trucks being limited to 5500-7500 was inaccurate. I think they all have a bumper pull max of 5000 lbs, but anything with the Class IV had something more than that, with the lowest number I saw in the 2020 guide being 9,300 for the Limited, which I think had to do with the AWD transfer case.

The truth is no one knows what the ratings will be for the 2021, and no one knows how much trailer weight the various tow package options will increase those ratings.

If you can live with about 9,000 lb max trailer rating, and don't want the trailer tow mirrors, then you are probably safe going with Tow Technology package for way less money. If you are like me and think another 2,000 lb of trailer weight rating might be nice to have as a what if for a bigger nicer trailer some day, and you want the tow mirrors, you have to pay to play.

Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Thank you very much, Roger350. What we need to haul isn't anywhere near the limit but we like plenty of margin of error. Definitely getting the tow mirrors and max tow package.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you very much, Roger350. What we need to haul isn't anywhere near the limit but we like plenty of margin of error. Definitely getting the tow mirrors and max tow package.
Glad to help any way I can. So many good people on this forum have helped me too, it's a great community.

I agree, extra margin is a very good thing when towing, especially on the brakes. I just wish the pricing for the Max Tow Package credited us for some of the package equipment that is standard on the higer trims.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Glad to help any way I can. So many good people on this forum have helped me too, it's a great community.

I agree, extra margin is a very good thing when towing, especially on the brakes. I just wish the pricing for the Max Tow Package credited us for some of the package equipment that is standard on the higer trims.
Agree. There is also no mention of upgraded trans/oil cooler.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Agree. There is also no mention of upgraded trans/oil cooler.
Yep, which makes me assume all trucks get large enough engine oil and transmission coolers to cover the max tow ratings, but that is a dangerous assumption, and another good reason to pay the obscene amount for the Max Tow Package just in case.

Ordering trucks based on preliminary information that can have errors is a risk. So we can over order for increased margin now, or we can wait until trucks are on dealer lots and some of the information can be confirmed.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Granger Ford
Have you seen a push back on any of your orders that already had scheduled dates? Mine got push about a month, and we don't know why. I do not have the lay down seats on my order either.

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 20200921_100557
Sponsored