Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Any idea how long I will have to wait if I want the full recline seats?
Non what so ever...

Just checked and one of our orders is held up still because of it...

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1598905518622
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Ok. Thank you! I was keeping fingers crossed that they would start using the HO as the new regular ecoboost. Roush package it will be!
That would have been nice, almost bought the Limited because of the engine...then the 2021 looked so much different than my 2018 so I will wait...

TimmyP007

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 FX4 F150
That would have been nice, almost bought the Limited because of the engine...then the 2021 looked so much different than my 2018 so I will wait...
I was thinking the same thing, even though I don’t really like the Limited interior. I had a 2020 Lariat ordered, then the 21s were unveiled and now I am going to place an order in a couple months for a new year arrival.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I was thinking the same thing, even though I don’t really like the Limited interior. I had a 2020 Lariat ordered, then the 21s were unveiled and now I am going to place an order in a couple months for a new year arrival.

I want to drive one before I decide and I am waiting for rebates, end of next year or 2021 ...

Have 83k and warranty to 100k so it will be this next year...

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
@Granger Ford
Next time that you're messing around with the ordering system, can you confirm (or say otherwise) if the power telescoping (and folding) side-view mirrors are not compatible with the Tow Technology pkg.

Seems really strange that you must get the 54W power telescoping mirrors if you choose the Trailer Tow (or Max. Tow) packages. Then why would it not be available for the Tow Technology package.

never read a good explanation for that :unsure:

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
Can you guys explain the towing packages. What’s the difference between the tow package and tow technology package. If ordering a lariat sport or platinum what should I get for basic towing capability?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I posted this Thursday. Hopefully, it helps. On a related note, I was going to add the Max Tow to my truck order, but it looks like it just adds a heavier duty bumper to the already loaded Platinum. Anyone else have the same take?

Thursday: Maybe this will help. This is based on the info on the new config site. What jumps out to most is that the Tow Tech does not come with the hitch and harness. The XLT and above come with the hitch and harness, but the XL does not. For that reason, the XL (high) is the only model where you can select both packages simultaneously. In all other trims, you have to chose one or the other. @Granger Ford am I in the ballpark? I don't want to intentionally spread misinformation.

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1599090057215

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
still doesn't address the question about the Power-telescoping sideview mirrors.

why not allowed with the Tow Tech pkg, but required to include with TT or Max-TT packages..
that's the mystery to me

mark87

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
saturn
Occupation
military
Can you guys explain the towing packages. What’s the difference between the tow package and tow technology package. If ordering a lariat sport or platinum what should I get for basic towing capability?
I would like to know the same. Trying to put an order in for a SuperCrew Lariat Sport. Had it built with Tow Package and 360 Camera which together cost about $1800 it seems like you can get almost the same things by buying an $880 Tow Tech Package. I ask my Hawaii Dealer WTH, and they don't know, they take a looonnng time to follow up on anything...its the Islands..but hoping Granger Ford has some answers. I also am only looking for basic towing about 6k lbs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
@Granger Ford
Next time that you're messing around with the ordering system, can you confirm (or say otherwise) if the power telescoping (and folding) side-view mirrors are not compatible with the Tow Technology pkg.

Seems really strange that you must get the 54W power telescoping mirrors if you choose the Trailer Tow (or Max. Tow) packages. Then why would it not be available for the Tow Technology package.

never read a good explanation for that :unsure:
They are not available with the Tow tech but Max tow that give you the same features...

Using the Platinum 701 here with 3.5 L PowerBoost

I have no idea why...

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1599108542479
Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1599108567012

Platinum standard feature give the

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1599108837209

But you have to order this to be equal with the Tow Tech Package...

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 1599108986571

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Class 4 hitch and Tow tech

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
So, on the Platinum that comes standard with the Class IV and the Tow Tech, what is the benefit of spending the additional $1,750 to go to the Max Trailer Tow? 3.73's come with the Powerboost, E-locker with the FX4 pkg. I will be towing a travel trailer and a tandem axle with car/jeep.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
The only advantage is the heavier duty bumper for the tow hitch and more tow rating...

In 2020 it came with an upgraded front stabilizer bar and bigger engine oil cooler...

This is based on the 2020 as I only have the same information for the 2021 that is listed on the Forums...

The last page of the 2020 tow guide has useful information to those who are new or fairly new to towing....

Attachments

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
@Granger Ford It was asked in another thread but not sure if you saw it - Trying to decide if i want the interior work surface. Wouldn't us it a lot, but might be handy once in a while. I realize it can't be down while driving, but any clue if having that option has drawbacks such as reducing storage or armrest padding? I understand you likely wouldn't have this info, but i think this is the last config option i still haven't been able to decide on.
Sponsored