Sponsored

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
They've made this one aspect of ordering the "ultimate towing machine" a bit of a head scratcher, haven't they?
Yeah until the final towing numbers (including how they are different depending on the options you pick) are available, it's all just guesses right now. It's still early, we'll soon know everything.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I would think that the wildcard is the Poweboost engine and transmission. The tow rating should be the same or better across the entire lineup if you compare apples to apples (2020 vs. 2021). A 2020 Supercrew, 4X4, 3.5L, w/3.55's can pull up to 12,700lbs. I expect the same out of a 2021.

The 3.5L is the strongest towing engine for the F-150, by far. The fact the Powerboost is a hybrid version of that is a no brainer. That being said, it would not surprise me to see the numbers come in closer to the Powerstoke with a mid 10,000lb rating. Just thinking freely here, but if the Powerboost was going to be anywhere near the 12,700 number, they would be shouting it from the rafters.

Joe_D

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can you order a F150 for delivery in CA and if so, is there an added cost? I am looking for 2021 F150 Lariat. Also, what is your best guess for delivery after placing an order?

Sponsored

zdc999

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i have a 2018 ford escape
Occupation
pipeline construction
How's it going?

Quick question. Do you know how the optioned out Powerboost XLT with the sport appearance package and the 4x4 prototype is priced? That's probably how I want mine and just was curious.

Also I used to work at Tomball Ford but I started during the peak of COVID and I was not having any luck so I had to go get a steady income job lol. But I enjoyed working there.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Spare vs. Vehicle Tire size: I ran the new configurator. One thing that confounded me was that the spare tire sizing:

I selected FX4 (Platinum) and it shows:
- 275/60 R20 BSW All-Terrain Tires (A/T) (4x4)

That's fine but then it shows:
- Spare Tire – 265/70/18 A/T

Is that a configurator problem? Does one need to pay more to have the matching size in the spare tire? [There was no selection for that.] Or, am I making the mistake in selecting spare tire?

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Thank you! That's interesting. I am surprised that customers would not want an option of matching the tire and rim size.

Sponsored

TimmyP007

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 FX4 F150
Good day! Impatiently waiting to order a 2021 in Canada... ? Just wondering if there has been any word on which 3.5 Ecoboost Will be going in the 21s. Will it be the HO 3.5 from the Raptors? Or, the regular 3.5?

Thank you for all the info so far!!

Cheers!

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
It looks like the only way to get rain-sensing wipers on the Lariat is with the 502A package. Does anyone know if that's the case? It's a big price jump, and that's the only feature I really need.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Good day! Impatiently waiting to order a 2021 in Canada... ? Just wondering if there has been any word on which 3.5 Ecoboost Will be going in the 21s. Will it be the HO 3.5 from the Raptors? Or, the regular 3.5?

Thank you for all the info so far!!

Cheers!
Normal 3.5 L EcoBoost the Limited offers the same engine code...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
It looks like the only way to get rain-sensing wipers on the Lariat is with the 502A package. Does anyone know if that's the case? It's a big price jump, and that's the only feature I really need.

Get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 it is part of that package...

We have a 501 coming with that on it...
Sponsored