Sponsored

Drdre8424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
What would be the typical dealer charge if I wanted to swap out the platinum wheels for the lariat sport wheels? Is that something that can be done without buying 4 new wheels at the parts department, assuming the dealer has another new f150 to swap with?

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
What would be the typical dealer charge if I wanted to swap out the platinum wheels for the lariat sport wheels? Is that something that can be done without buying 4 new wheels at the parts department, assuming the dealer has another new f150 to swap with?
Curious to know this too! From the few pictures out there the platinum wheels look like one of the worst choices which is unfortunate when you’re spending this much...hopefully some more photos will surface to really see what the platinum interior and wheels look like

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
@Granger Ford / Albert - I have some questions on the new F150. Hope you can enlighten me one more time:
  • With the Powerboost hybrid engine and its additional underbody structures, do you anticipate any issues with the installation 5th wheel hitches, e.g., https://accessories.ford.com/kit-trailer-hitch-bar-11553.html ? I am thinking about the underbed part of the gooseneck hitch, for instance.
  • I thought I saw a retractable tonneau as an option. Is there more information on it? I liked this Retrax one offered earlier and am interested in one: https://accessories.ford.com/cover-tonneau-11908.html
  • More on the retractable tonneau, can it be ordered with a toolbox? I noticed that the retractable part seems to require a space that occupies the space where the toolbox normally goes.
  • Finally, when one orders the toolbox - does it come with a toolkit?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
@Granger Ford / Albert - I have some questions on the new F150. Hope you can enlighten me one more time:
I would want to see the truck there is little information available to me right now on it...

They do not offer one for the F-150 from Ford because of the 6.5' box...

Ford only recommends the 5th wheel / Goose hitch in the 8' box SD that I know of.
There are only 3 that are offered as options on the F-150 from the factory...

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions Tonneau Covers.JPG

The others are offered as accessories from Ford...
  • More on the retractable tonneau, can it be ordered with a toolbox? I noticed that the retractable part seems to require a space that occupies the space where the toolbox normally goes.
The Hard roller types take 8-10" in the front of the box to contain the tonneau when using the bed..

I had one on my 2016 and the vinyl started to separate from the aluminum (after I had traded it in) and it was out of warranty so it was not covered...Last on I will own..
In the past it is an empty box like you buy at the tractor supply type stores...

I don't even see one as an option right now...

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Would you recommend avoiding the factory covers (saving a little on options).
Then finding and installing an aftermarket cover that satisfied all expectations?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I will not speak for all dealerships but we do not swap wheels because of recall and warranty issues...

The customer can do what they want, we just do not want to be put in a bad position...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Would you recommend avoiding the factory covers (saving a little on options).
Then finding and installing an aftermarket cover that satisfied all expectations?

I like the factory covers I just prefer the Truxedo PRO X15 they look great on the truck and the cover stays amazingly clean with little more that washing with the truck...

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would want to see the truck there is little information available to me right now on it...

They do not offer one for the F-150 from Ford because of the 6.5' box...

Ford only recommends the 5th wheel / Goose hitch in the 8' box SD that I know of.
There are only 3 that are offered as options on the F-150 from the factory...

Tonneau Covers.JPG

The others are offered as accessories from Ford...
The Hard roller types take 8-10" in the front of the box to contain the tonneau when using the bed..

I had one on my 2016 and the vinyl started to separate from the aluminum (after I had traded it in) and it was out of warranty so it was not covered...Last on I will own..

In the past it is an empty box like you buy at the tractor supply type stores...

I don't even see one as an option right now...
Thank you very much! I suppose we have to wait.

The retractable cover you show is the one I am seeking more info on.

Many thanks for your response!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
This is the description and does not sound like a roll in type...

Tonneau pickup box cover — retractable folding

( N/A with aluminum crossbed storage toolbox [ 90B,90P], bed-liner — plastic drop-i n [ 96P] or stow-able loading ramps [ 90R ] )

However when I look up the accessory it give me this one
Bed Cover – Embark LS Retractable 5'5" TBD $2,099.00

For 2020 F-150 Embark LS Retractable looks like the Retrax model..

Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you! I thought it might be incompatible with the toolbox.

pancake713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 FX4
In the reveal and all of the promo vids / pics / links they mostly show a limited version. Is that exterior carbonized gray? I can't seem to confirm that anywhere but I look the look.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
That's a good point @Granger Ford. I had not thought about what color the SD was in the picture. So, Carbonized must be (perhaps) about 1/2 way between Iconic Silver and Magnetic. Should be a stunning color.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
albert,,,running any deals on 2021 f 150
Sorry if I missed this...yes we are selling ordered trucks at $1000 under invoice...
Sponsored

Last edited: