First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 150 Platinum. 2022 Platinum 3.5 6 1/2
Occupation
Retired Foreman utility company
Hello when will the spec be out on payload, fuel mileage , etc.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
The payload numbers are still not released ( just checked)

The EPA has not rated it on their site yet

I would imagine soon - with window stickers needing to be produced prior to actual deliveries can begin.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Realizing difficult to be precise, but if order placed in dealership early August (week ago) what should be the ballpark for delivery period? Before December? early 2021?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Depends when Ford picks the order and begins building them...

I have not seen a beginning production date yet...

We are hoping to see them prior to the year end however Ford does not have EPA ratings or final specifications out for the truck..

Sponsored

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
First, thank you for giving of your time on this forum. My question is about the difference between the XLT sport front seat and the LARIAT sport front seat. They say "40 console 40" with console and floor shifter for the XLT sport, and "bucket seat" with console and floor shifter, for the LARIAT. What does it means?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
First, thank you for giving of your time on this forum. My question is about the difference between the XLT sport front seat and the LARIAT sport front seat. They say "40 console 40" with console and floor shifter for the XLT sport, and "bucket seat" with console and floor shifter, for the LARIAT. What does it means?
You are most welcome...

I have not seen the new ones live yet so anything from me is speculation at this point..

I remember the SXT in the up to 2020 models was listed that way and did not have a shifter in the console...

However the XLT and up had relatively the same console and shifter...

So maybe it is just verbiage that means the same thing just stated differently...

Come on it's Ford ... they feel the need to keep us all guessing..

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
?i think like you too...some kind of verbiage. My own 2015 XLT has the 302A and i have bucket seat with shifter. I was just worry that Ford change that formula.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
When ordering an F-150, I understand there is normally a deposit to reserve the vehicle.

Is it commonplace to determine the vehicle price and/or payments while placing the initial order, or upon delivery of the truck?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
When ordering an F-150, I understand there is normally a deposit to reserve the vehicle.

Is it commonplace to determine the vehicle price and/or payments while placing the initial order, or upon delivery of the truck?
Absolutely! Do not put a deposit on any vehicle until the final Price (not payment) is settled on in writing...

Price is the determining factor but make sure the payment estimate fits your budget...

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
This will be my first F-150. Can you explain why the "Tow Technology Pkg" isn't compatible with either the Tow Package or the Max. Tow Package? I realize there's quite a bit of overlap of similar features in all 3. Guess that I'm really asking if you get the Max. Tow Package, what else do you need to pick (option #s) to be sure to have all the "bells and whistles" for extra camera, backup assist, etc. Believe that Max Tow eliminates choice of FX4 package.

Related question: why can't you get the electric telescoping tow mirrors with the Tow Tech Pkg? that sure seems contradictory. :unsure:

Is there a combo allowed that has the Tow Tech pkg, FX4 and electronically-telescoping sideview mirrors?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
This will be my first F-150. Can you explain why the "Tow Technology Pkg" isn't compatible with either the Tow Package or the Max. Tow Package? I realize there's quite a bit of overlap of similar features in all 3. Guess that I'm really asking if you get the Max. Tow Package, what else do you need to pick (option #s) to be sure to have all the "bells and whistles" for extra camera, backup assist, etc. Believe that Max Tow eliminates choice of FX4 package.

Related question: why can't you get the electric telescoping tow mirrors with the Tow Tech Pkg? that sure seems contradictory. :unsure:

Is there a combo allowed that has the Tow Tech pkg, FX4 and electronically-telescoping sideview mirrors?
With the 3.5 L PowerBoost Full Hybrid engine the tow tech and Max tow can be combined in the 501A package I have plugged in..

The tow package and max tow package are in the same bucket so only one can get selected on that..

You can get the FX4 and max tow together with that 3.5 L PowerBoost Full Hybrid engine combination..

That last one is weird ... I have a friend that bought a Lariat in 2015, when we put the TT mirrors on it he lost his 360 camera and we never did get a reason from Ford because the KR I sold his neighbor had, Power TT mirrors and 360 camera...

I ordered him a 2020 the same way as his 2015 and It has the TT mirrors and the 360 so it is a guessing game on that one..

Attached is what I built showing the combo...but when I hit the mirrors it fails so they are not on there...

Attachments

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Can you explain why the "Tow Technology Pkg" isn't compatible with either the Tow Package or the Max.
Same question - between the dealer ordering guide and the source book it's still not clear to me. Does the Tow Technology Package have everything needed to make the "Trailer Tow Package" redundant? Looking at the price list, the Tow Tech pkg is cheaper than the Trailer Tow one, so it really makes me scratch my head.
Sponsored

Last edited: