Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Thanks for all the info and insight. I have purchased maybe a dozen cars from dealers over the years and, for whatever reason, Ford dealer pricing always seems the most like a shell game. The way you lay it out is how I wish all dealers would do it.
Well if Ford gets their way, and I can see it happening with the change of leadership on the 4th, it will happen...

Too many dealers with their AZZ where a hat should sit..need to realize that the customer base is not demanding more than before, it is just better accessible than ever before...welcome to the 21st century is what I say.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have never ordered a car/truck, so this will be my first go round. My father ordered a few times for the same reason I am...what the regional dealers stock is not what appeals to me (options/colors). I plan on driving this truck for a long time, so I want exactly what I want.

Motown

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Thanks for putting this thread together. I appreciate the information.

My current 2018 F-150 lease is due up next week. I had put down a deposit for the new Bronco, but am steering toward the 2021 F-150 after seeing photos. In the process of trying to extend my lease until the order banks open.

Any idea if Ford will be offering the Special Edition or Black Appearance Packages on the 2021 F-150? Haven’t seen any information or photos regarding either package. Thanks for your time!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I have never ordered a car/truck, so this will be my first go round. My father ordered a few times for the same reason I am...what the regional dealers stock is not what appeals to me (options/colors). I plan on driving this truck for a long time, so I want exactly what I want.
And you should,

As a dealer we have to pick and choose packages, colors options etc...and pre covid we only had 78 F-150's on the lot so no easy to do when there are 100's of combinations...

I usually order as well because I want what I want, an I am willing to wait.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation

My current 2018 F-150 lease is due up next week. I had put down a deposit for the new Bronco, but am steering toward the 2021 F-150 after seeing photos. In the process of trying to extend my lease until the order banks open.

Any idea if Ford will be offering the Special Edition or Black Appearance Packages on the 2021 F-150? Haven’t seen any information or photos regarding either package. Thanks for your time!
Have not heard those mentioned yet, but the popularity is huge..

I cannot imagine them not but the all new Lights and badging plays into getting the blackout look right...and that may take some time...

The aftermarket will beat them to it like always.

Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Thank you so much for this thread! Tremendously helpful.

Planning to buy 2021 F150 (first truck ever, not a skilled negotiator), no trade - relatively higher end in terms of packages and options, with specific ideas - so likely custom order. Don’t need delivery until April end (though might not run it close to that time). Not close to Iowa (in Utah) but not averse to driving some distance to pick up.

Any advice would be helpful. I am thinking that I should sit tight till about Jan/Feb and let Covid do the very unfortunate number of the economy (not something I want to see but seems inevitable) and try to place an order around then. I and my wife aren’t good negotiators (lose money buying and selling-:)). Prefer internet buying for the most part. I am reading your advice here carefully. But, if you have some wisdom for someone like us - it would be highly appreciated.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

The closest thing so far for the 21 MY appears to the the Lariat trim with the Sport appearance package, and the optional 22” dark alloy wheels. Hard to tell from stock photos if those wheels are nearly black, or a gunmetal color until you see it in person though.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you so much for this thread! Tremendously helpful.

Planning to buy 2021 F150 (first truck ever, not a skilled negotiator), no trade - relatively higher end in terms of packages and options, with specific ideas - so likely custom order. Don’t need delivery until April end (though might not run it close to that time). Not close to Iowa (in Utah) but not averse to driving some distance to pick up.

Any advice would be helpful. I am thinking that I should sit tight till about Jan/Feb and let Covid do the very unfortunate number of the economy (not something I want to see but seems inevitable) and try to place an order around then. I and my wife aren’t good negotiators (lose money buying and selling-:)). Prefer internet buying for the most part. I am reading your advice here carefully. But, if you have some wisdom for someone like us - it would be highly appreciated.
Well with no trade in the skill of the negotiation is just to walk if the number is too far from the one you know that it can be purchased at...

The power is yours to buy not ours as a dealership to sell..

Think of it like Amazon, I can buy the same for less money then why not...

I buy local on small item, usually higher profit because I want people to succeed however I am not buying a large ticket item if I can same myself a few thousand dollars in the process.

It is your money spend it thrift-fully to be able to service the vehicle, have a night out, etc.

As for lose money buying & selling, the manufacturer and dealerships are usually the only ones who make money on vehicles, yes it just costs money to buy cars and move on to the next one.

Any assistance along the way that you need just ask...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
The closest thing so far for the 21 MY appears to the the Lariat trim with the Sport appearance package, and the optional 22” dark alloy wheels. Hard to tell from stock photos if those wheels are nearly black, or a gunmetal color until you see it in person though.
They look dark like the special edition wheels but I am a must see person when it comes to that, most of what I have see (as has the forum members) are either professionally shot pix or renderings so not real enough for me.

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
@Granger. What’s the best gameplay here.. I have a 18 F-150 I lease that isn’t up until next April. The catch is I’m already 1200 miles over my lease allotment. My frequency of commutes to work picked up significantly over a year stretch which put me over, but with Covid now and using my wife’s car, the truck barely leaves the driveway. So
I’m hoping I can keep it to 3-4K miles over max. I’d like to get out a few months early on the lease and buy a 21 sometime late this year/early next year. I’ve read sometimes ford will make the last couple payments on your lease?
On another note, anyone know if you really can’t get the Carmelo interior on the platinum with the rapid red exterior? The red has been growing on me, but tired of a plain black interior. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
As for the lease, keep the miles as low as possible...

Ford will usually "let" you forgive up to 3 payments but I do not remember what the total amount limit is off hand. $1500 comes to mind but your dealer can tell you

I suggest when you are ready go in order the truck when it comes in, roll the balance payments and miles overage into one sum (either you pay out of pocket (y) or roll into new truck loan(n)) get the loan/lease on the new truck and just keep moving forward.

As for the Rapid Red and Carmelo they are not compatible on the 700 or 701 packages in the configurator so you cannot put that combination in the order bank.

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
As for the lease, keep the miles as low as possible...

Ford will usually "let" you forgive up to 3 payments but I do not remember what the total amount limit is off hand. $1500 comes to mind but your dealer can tell you

I suggest when you are ready go in order the truck when it comes in, roll the balance payments and miles overage into one sum (either you pay out of pocket (y) or roll into new truck loan(n)) get the loan/lease on the new truck and just keep moving forward.

As for the Rapid Red and Carmelo they are not compatible on the 700 or 701 packages in the configurator so you cannot put that combination in the order bank.
Awesome, thanks for all the good info in here.

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Just talked to the store owner (Zach by the way) and we can order the 2021 F-150 so pricing should be available from any dealer in the us.. BTW we are pricing at $1000 below invoice for a point of reference when shopping your local dealer.

The specs reveal seems to be slow this year but we are closing in on Sept official reveal for information.
When you say 1,000 below invoice is that after all the National Discount Packages ? Just trying to get a feel for the pricing.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
When you say 1,000 below invoice is that after all the National Discount Packages ? Just trying to get a feel for the pricing.
Invoice has all packages and freight included that is why it is a simpler number to use...

Example: The -1,365 is the invoice cost of the Lariat Lux Sport package discount and the total invoice is just below that..

Hope this helps any question just ask

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 15.JPG
Sponsored