Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Absolutely, there is a form that they have to fill out have you sign ( get a copy for your records) and send to Ford...

Any price for profit above is absolutely going to cause them much difficulty with FoMoCo...

Why would they even try?:mad:

They have the option to just say that "we do not honor x plan" simple as that and it is their choice.
Sponsored

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Hello,

I have some questions I hope you may be able to answer:

1. Which is the lower cost option; Xplan or $1000 below invoice as you are offering?
2. For a 2021 factory order are courtesy deliveries an option you offer, specifically to Nevada?
3. I received a $2500 private offer from Ford last week, it expires on September 30th. Does that mean I would have to take delivery by then or can I use it as long as I order by then?

Thank you!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
1. 1,000 below invoice, xplan is .4% below invoice usually a couple hundred $ or so still a great price tool for the masses.

2. Courtesy deliveries are for fleet accounts not retail accounts...there are exceptions but they are usually the GT superCar or Shelby GT 500's...I started a thread here on what the term means...

3. Have to take delivery, is it for the 2021 F-150 if so I would need to see the offer (PM me the front & Back) as I have not seen or heard of any on the new product as of yet.

You are most welcome

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
1. 1,000 below invoice, xplan is .4% below invoice usually a couple hundred $ or so still a great price tool for the masses.

2. Courtesy deliveries are for fleet accounts not retail accounts...there are exceptions but they are usually the GT superCar or Shelby GT 500's...I started a thread here on what the term means...

3. Have to take delivery, is it for the 2021 F-150 if so I would need to see the offer (PM me the front & Back) as I have not seen or heard of any on the new product as of yet.

You are most welcome
Thanks again.

How would someone out of state take delivery then short of traveling to your dealership?

Here's the offer, there was nothing notable on the back:

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions IMG_0470

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Thanks for jumping on here and offering some help on the 2021. I am planning on ordering a 2021 Platinum. The dealerships here (NW Arkansas) quote trucks based on the rebate packages, so one month a 2020 Platinum is $58,500 after rebates and the next month $61,300 after rebates. I understand that what Ford offers each month is different, but this spring I had one dealer tell me with rebates a truck was $62k and the same truck down the road was $59k. When you say $1,000 below invoice, what are you saying? All this rebate crap makes it confusing...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
They would have to visit the store and drive it home so logistically it makes the transaction tougher..

I only throw down the gauntlet to give you the buyers something in writing and yes I will put it in writing to use as a negotiation tool when you sit in the box and get your new truck...

We only expect to compete locally in the surrounding states.Yes that is the closeout marketing deal to help clear out the "old" 2020's and would not be available on the 2021's hence the expiration...

BTW that would put the price below what I can get one on D plan for so it is a great deal if the 2020 would work.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for jumping on here and offering some help on the 2021. I am planning on ordering a 2021 Platinum. The dealerships here (NW Arkansas) quote trucks based on the rebate packages, so one month a 2020 Platinum is $58,500 after rebates and the next month $61,300 after rebates. I understand that what Ford offers each month is different, but this spring I had one dealer tell me with rebates a truck was $62k and the same truck down the road was $59k. When you say $1,000 below invoice, what are you saying? All this rebate crap makes it confusing...
What you really need to do:

Find a dealership you trust and want to do business with.

Get them to spec one out for you, that is they build with hope of selling you one.

Ask to see the complete paper, it will have many numbers on it but you are most interested in MSRP window sticker, Invoice and a term called holdback. Also has x plan price if you are eligible.

At that point take the invoice and subtract 1000 from it plus any applicable rebates and say that is what I will pay for the truck...if they come back at anywhere close or a complete match NEXT below.

No they will not be making tons of money on you but they get to keep a local valued service customer, a skinny front end deal is better than no deal at all..

Be prepared to wander out the door if necessary and keep a copy of the order for reference, it is not a closely held secret eyes only document...all dealers have it.

When the price is negotiated on the truck...

NEXT

Now for the trade in, if you have one do some homework first and shop it on Carvan, if you have a Carmax close there as well...and you will know the ACV (actual cash value) of the trade that will be at or below what a dealership of like product would give for it...

I am not into padded numbers as they are fraught with danger for you...

When you have agreed to a trade value then you can begin paperwork with sigs on both ends (you and the Dealership)

Sorry for the long story but this is the easiest way I have ever bought cars and when I sold how I treated my new car customers.

remember with a trade there are 2 transactions you selling a car to the dealer and the dealer selling you a car...not doing you a favor by taking the old one off your hands.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation. I have also been told that every state has different rebate packages and that you are eligible for only the package offered in your state. That comes into play, as I live in Arkansas and within easy driving distance to OK, MO, and KS.

When I priced a truck there earlier this year the local dealer (which was very friendly and low pressure) gave me a number on the truck, a number on the trade, and let me walk with all of it in hand. They also called back asking if I would sell them my truck outright, as they had a customer who wanted one. That being said, there price was based on sticker minus rebates and wouldn't budge. I didn't see the value.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation. I have also been told that every state has different rebate packages and that you are eligible for only the package offered in your state. That comes into play, as I live in Arkansas and within easy driving distance to OK, MO, and KS.

When I priced a truck there earlier this year the local dealer (which was very friendly and low pressure) gave me a number on the truck, a number on the trade, and let me walk with all of it in hand. They also called back asking if I would sell them my truck outright, as they had a customer who wanted one. That being said, there price was based on sticker minus rebates and wouldn't budge. I didn't see the value.
The rebates are actually your house zip code related so a California great deal cannot be had by someone in Iowa as I do not have residence there, and yes that is an audit point.

That dealer is a keeper, just be comfortable the entire time it is to be enjoyed not worked at...

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
They would have to visit the store and drive it home so logistically it makes the transaction tougher..

I only throw down the gauntlet to give you the buyers something in writing and yes I will put it in writing to use as a negotiation tool when you sit in the box and get your new truck...

We only expect to compete locally in the surrounding states.Yes that is the closeout marketing deal to help clear out the "old" 2020's and would not be available on the 2021's hence the expiration...

BTW that would put the price below what I can get one on D plan for so it is a great deal if the 2020 would work.
It's a 2021 for me so I guess that will sadly go unused.

The reason I inquired about courtesy deliveries is that I bought a Corvette from a dealer in Maryland 4 years ago and they had it shipped to a local dealer where I live in Nevada. Saved 12% below MSRP on that deal, had to pay $500 for the courtesy delivery. So I figured it was common practice.

Thanks for all the info.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Excellent questions...

On the Bronco Board we threw down the gauntlet for price thinking that other dealers would follow suit (Bronco being an ICON vehicle not a limited production one) and so far only one other dealership in the nation has come close to us.

I have been in the business long enough to see a massive swing in the knowledge that the customer possesses and the willingness to travel for a deal...

Dealerships that are evolving will do fine in the 21st century and the old way of business will fade into the past.

So to get to the point already. RESEARCH, PRICE, LOCATION, FEELING, BUY

The process I use when shopping for an item is look at real reputations of stores that sell what I am looking for around me...

Know what I want before I enter the fray, in the case of a vehicle model, trim, color, options

Find online pricing information (problem with vehicles is that rebates can be regional) and use that as my basis for "dealing" on the product..

The beauty of the Ford brand is there are 3000 dealerships nationwide so (good selection) that have a variety of scoring models ( google tends to be the least manipulated one ) to choose from...

Having the information of MSPR - window sticker, Invoice when we can get it, discounts below invoice (we are going to extend ours $1,000 below invoice pricing model) and go from there...

Any dealership in your area should be able to produce a printout of the desired vehicle with the options you are looking for and it should include MSRP and invoice on it.

All vehicle transactions should have all terms in writing signed by you and someone of authority prior to shaking on the "deal"

I have just posted a thread here that will help with terminology, yes car people have a language that usually confuses and maddens the customer and I will update it for clarity as I can..

While the Art of the deal is simple to me (always be willing to walk away from the table) as I do not get emotionally attached to the product.

For some they feel that the salesperson "deserves something because they spent time with you...

They knew that going when they first saw you and they should be concerned with taking care of the customer not filling their pockets...

When I sold cars many moons ago...I would sit on the customers side and visit with them and treated them like "guests in my home" rather than a walking wallet that I needed to open and extract "my" cut...

It paid huge dividends for me over the years with repeat and referral customers.

So research the price,

Find a dealership that will not only sell you the truck but service it as well

If you feel pressured walk, you are in control they want the business and you have the ways and means

When the deal is what or close to what you want and your good with it buy..

I will be bringing more information as I can, one guy, still have a job and trying to help the Ford Community as best I can...
Great information. I appreciate it. You mentioned traveling for a deal, and possibly buying from a dealer where i intend to eventually have the truck serviced. Do you feel a dealer will be more inclined to give a better price on a vehicle if the customer continues to use that dealer afterwards for service/maintenance?

In contrast to that, based off of what your saying, it’s not unusual for a customer to travel (several hours, out of state, etc.) to work with a good quality dealer?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all the info and insight. I have purchased maybe a dozen cars from dealers over the years and, for whatever reason, Ford dealer pricing always seems the most like a shell game. The way you lay it out is how I wish all dealers would do it.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Knickell: I have found that buying used is very advantageous if you are willing to travel or willing to have a car shipped in. My wife drove a used Acura locally, but the dealer wasn't willing to budge on their price. We found an identical car (options, color) at an out of state dealer, with about 2k less on the odometer, and even with shipping, still saved thousands. The local dealer still gets the service business, so I guess they win in the end, but my wallet sure appreciated it.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
It's a 2021 for me so I guess that will sadly go unused.

The reason I inquired about courtesy deliveries is that I bought a Corvette from a dealer in Maryland 4 years ago and they had it shipped to a local dealer where I live in Nevada. Saved 12% below MSRP on that deal, had to pay $500 for the courtesy delivery. So I figured it was common practice.

Thanks for all the info.
Totally understand that!

Yup and the Vette like a GT 500 etc are oddities not the normal vehicle purchased...

There was a firestorm on the Bronco6G side that I had to extinguish because they all believed that it was a Ford program and it is not...totally between dealerships and the customer...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Great information. I appreciate it. You mentioned traveling for a deal, and possibly buying from a dealer where i intend to eventually have the truck serviced. Do you feel a dealer will be more inclined to give a better price on a vehicle if the customer continues to use that dealer afterwards for service/maintenance?

In contrast to that, based off of what your saying, it’s not unusual for a customer to travel (several hours, out of state, etc.) to work with a good quality dealer?
As a dealer I just like the customer to be happy, but the value to us having a local serviceable customer far exceeds the one and done of the fly in drive out customer...

Not saying we do not like them as well but the local has more long term "value" to us and we get to know them as well..

A car deal to me a the start of a relationship...long term close is way easier and more desirable than long distance.

Yes we sell all kinds all over the nation...20 years ago at Granger Ford I pulled the previous owner (Tim - Zach's dad) into the internet world kicking and screaming...

You cant tell them that this and the other, until I showed him that they already knew it...no more secrets in the business

Started the internet department with the GM at the time and here we are today with a strong web presence, great analytics and a growing fanbase...The Bronco 6G folks are the ones to "blame" for that.

I just want the customer to be treated with the respect and dignity that I want, so what I have to give it first we all still win..
Sponsored