Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I am here from the Bronco6G site, love the F-150's have a 2018 Platty.

If you have non mechanical (not one sorry) questions about the F-150 ordering, pricing etc I will do my best to be an information source.

A little about me.

I have been in the car business in many aspect for over 30 years and with Granger Ford for almost 25 of them.

My work mostly centers around information for the masses and represent Granger Ford (Zach - the owner) to the Ford oriented sites for new product releases.

I do realize that I am late to the party but if you go to Bronco6G site you will see I have been active there for a while.

I will happily answer what I can and do it in as timely manner allowable..
Sponsored

shepac92

First Name
Shepard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a couple of questions on information and timing.

Obviously COVID has everything in flux, but do you know anything more about when 2021 information is going to be released? From what I understand production is supposed to start in about 2 months, and we still don't have official pricing or specs pushed out by Ford. The Bronco is releasing after, but we already have a price straight from Ford for it. Same question with the online configurator. I am new to the process, but it seems strange to open for orders when you haven't released performance specs on what people are buying with their order.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thank you for offering your info.

Can you explain the process for someone if they wanted to contact a dealer and place an order for a 21 F-150 about 4-6 months from now? Any advice you can recommend when going through the process (what to expect, things I can do to make it easy for the dealer, how to negotiate a decent price, etc.)?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation

Obviously COVID has everything in flux, but do you know anything more about when 2021 information is going to be released? From what I understand production is supposed to start in about 2 months, and we still don't have official pricing or specs pushed out by Ford. The Bronco is releasing after, but we already have a price straight from Ford for it. Same question with the online configurator. I am new to the process, but it seems strange to open for orders when you haven't released performance specs on what people are buying with their order.
The information should be out soon...

The way Ford is rolling vehicles out is a different process and we (dealerships) are getting the pertinent information at the same time of the customer.

I noticed the lag at the MachE launch, Bronco Sport was slightly better, the Bronco has been a nightmare and now I am looking at the F-150 to see.

I just looked at the WBDO ( our dealership ordering system ) and I can see the 2021 F-150 now but cannot fill in the items in or do a special order...

Hopefully pricing will be along soon to alleviate that...

I will check into it further and see what I can find out for the Forum

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you for offering your info.

Can you explain the process for someone if they wanted to contact a dealer and place an order for a 21 F-150 about 4-6 months from now? Any advice you can recommend when going through the process (what to expect, things I can do to make it easy for the dealer, how to negotiate a decent price, etc.)?
Excellent questions...

On the Bronco Board we threw down the gauntlet for price thinking that other dealers would follow suit (Bronco being an ICON vehicle not a limited production one) and so far only one other dealership in the nation has come close to us.

I have been in the business long enough to see a massive swing in the knowledge that the customer possesses and the willingness to travel for a deal...

Dealerships that are evolving will do fine in the 21st century and the old way of business will fade into the past.

So to get to the point already. RESEARCH, PRICE, LOCATION, FEELING, BUY

The process I use when shopping for an item is look at real reputations of stores that sell what I am looking for around me...

Know what I want before I enter the fray, in the case of a vehicle model, trim, color, options

Find online pricing information (problem with vehicles is that rebates can be regional) and use that as my basis for "dealing" on the product..

The beauty of the Ford brand is there are 3000 dealerships nationwide so (good selection) that have a variety of scoring models ( google tends to be the least manipulated one ) to choose from...

Having the information of MSPR - window sticker, Invoice when we can get it, discounts below invoice (we are going to extend ours $1,000 below invoice pricing model) and go from there...

Any dealership in your area should be able to produce a printout of the desired vehicle with the options you are looking for and it should include MSRP and invoice on it.

All vehicle transactions should have all terms in writing signed by you and someone of authority prior to shaking on the "deal"

I have just posted a thread here that will help with terminology, yes car people have a language that usually confuses and maddens the customer and I will update it for clarity as I can..

While the Art of the deal is simple to me (always be willing to walk away from the table) as I do not get emotionally attached to the product.

For some they feel that the salesperson "deserves something because they spent time with you...

They knew that going when they first saw you and they should be concerned with taking care of the customer not filling their pockets...

When I sold cars many moons ago...I would sit on the customers side and visit with them and treated them like "guests in my home" rather than a walking wallet that I needed to open and extract "my" cut...

It paid huge dividends for me over the years with repeat and referral customers.

So research the price,

Find a dealership that will not only sell you the truck but service it as well

If you feel pressured walk, you are in control they want the business and you have the ways and means

When the deal is what or close to what you want and your good with it buy..

I will be bringing more information as I can, one guy, still have a job and trying to help the Ford Community as best I can...

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation

Just talked to the store owner (Zach by the way) and we can order the 2021 F-150 so pricing should be available from any dealer in the us.. BTW we are pricing at $1000 below invoice for a point of reference when shopping your local dealer.

The specs reveal seems to be slow this year but we are closing in on Sept official reveal for information.

The905Raptor

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
A couple of questions from me:

I live in Canada; do you know if there is usually a timing difference between US and Canda when wanting to place an order? I know this might be tough for you to answer but I'm not sure if Ford announces prices and further details, if it means North America or if it means US only (and every market after for themselves).

Second, trade-in value. I am looking to trade in my vehicle for the tax benefit but would like to wait for the best price. If I sold my vehicle to them today, am I obligated to buy another vehicle right away to take advantage of the tax savings, OR, is there a period of time I could wait before upgrading my vehicle? Or... is this dealer dependent?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Excellent questions.

Ford NA means Can, US Mex

The trade part has me unable to give a Canada answer as I have no idea of the laws there...

I will speak for Iowa of which I am accustomed,

If you trade in an Iowa vehicle for an Iowa vehicle you get sales tax credit and plate credit..

I usually sell my "trade in" as I like to minimize my loss but I realize all cannot.

The905Raptor

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Excellent questions.

Ford NA means Can, US Mex

The trade part has me unable to give a Canada answer as I have no idea of the laws there...

I will speak for Iowa of which I am accustomed,

If you trade in an Iowa vehicle for an Iowa vehicle you get sales tax credit and plate credit..

I usually sell my "trade in" as I like to minimize my loss but I realize all cannot.
This is awesome - thank you!

As far as a trade-in, my question is more do you allow a grace period? As an example, if I sold my truck to a dealer (in Iowa for this example), but did not buy a new truck right away, do I lose the tax benefit because I didn't trade it in at the time of purchase?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
This is awesome - thank you!

As far as a trade-in, my question is more do you allow a grace period? As an example, if I sold my truck to a dealer (in Iowa for this example), but did not buy a new truck right away, do I lose the tax benefit because I didn't trade it in at the time of purchase?
First I cannot sell to Canada only the 50...the Dealer agreement with FoMoCo does not allow for "export"

Example

If you lived in Iowa and we had come to terms on the "deal" my trade number would take into consideration you need to drive it until I provide the new truck to you...so it would be traded in when you picked up the new truck.

Hope I am not getting it too convoluted but the Canada dealers should be able to do the same for you...this is the way we have done that for years so as not to "de horse" the customer.

Sponsored

The905Raptor

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
First I cannot sell to Canada only the 50...the Dealer agreement with FoMoCo does not allow for "export"

Example

If you lived in Iowa and we had come to terms on the "deal" my trade number would take into consideration you need to drive it until I provide the new truck to you...so it would be traded in when you picked up the new truck.

Hope I am not getting it too convoluted but the Canada dealers should be able to do the same for you...this is the way we have done that for years so as not to "de horse" the customer.
This is exactly what I needed! Thank you for your help!

jrog540

First Name
rog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Explorer, 1962 Impala 409 SS, 1965 Pontiac GTO Conv.
Occupation
Retired
Question for you concerning the Ford X Plan. Originally I was led to believe that the X plan was a Ford fixed price for truck from all dealers whether in Iowa or South Carolina. Now I am hearing that different dealers will give you a different X Plan price for same identical equipped truck. My question, can individual dealers fudge Ford's so called fixed price?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
X plan is a "fixed sale price along with their other employee plans.

A dealer is not allowed to increase that price, unless there are accessories or negative equity from a trade, etc added to the price that way...

DOC fees are limited to $100 and there are many other weird stipulations...

jrog540

First Name
rog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
X plan is a "fixed sale price along with their other employee plans.

A dealer is not allowed to increase that price, unless there are accessories or negative equity from a trade, etc added to the price that way...

DOC fees are limited to $100 and there are many other weird stipulations...

jrog540

First Name
rog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for info. Basically you are saying it is a fixed price dealers must abide by and can't fudge for extra profit.
Sponsored