First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director for Granger Motors
The Tow Tech has 360-Degree Camera Package that are already standard on the Platinum

The only thing that is missing when the Max tow is ordered that I can see is the Blind Spot Monitoring w/Trailerng

And that is not a stand alone but I am trying to find out if it is on the truck...

I need Ford to pick up one of my Platinum trucks so I can get a VIN and have a breakdown of all features on the Truck...

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5d; Tesla M3
This has been discussed before and there's no clear answer yet - the regular Towing package and the Tow Tech package are the most confusing ones as they have virtually the same equipment minus the 360 camera, and the Tow Tech package that includes it is actually less than the other one! We await details on towing capacity of the different options to make sense of them, those details have not yet been released.
Thanks, Martin and Albert (following post). I've tried searching the forum and some other sources and just didn't find an answer (and wasn't sure if it had been finally figured out yet).

Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for the information.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Jeep Rubicon LJ, 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Maybe this will help. This is based on the info on the new config site. What jumps out to most is that the Tow Tech does not come with the hitch and harness. The XLT and above come with the hitch and harness, but the XL does not. For that reason, the XL (high) is the only model where you can select both packages simultaneously. In all other trims, you have to chose one or the other. @Granger Ford am I in the ballpark? I don't want to intentionally spread misinformation.

1598548097776.png

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Good stuff, and I appreciate the details. I'm getting a Lariat so the "Tow Technology" package seems appropriate. What I do NOT understand is why getting the Tow Tech option prohibits picking the power-deployable Tow Mirrors. Yes it comes standard with power-folding but manual extension. Why can't you also select the Power Telescoping mirrors.

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
They've made this one aspect of ordering the "ultimate towing machine" a bit of a head scratcher, haven't they?
Yeah until the final towing numbers (including how they are different depending on the options you pick) are available, it's all just guesses right now. It's still early, we'll soon know everything.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Jeep Rubicon LJ, 2018 Toyota Tacoma
I would think that the wildcard is the Poweboost engine and transmission. The tow rating should be the same or better across the entire lineup if you compare apples to apples (2020 vs. 2021). A 2020 Supercrew, 4X4, 3.5L, w/3.55's can pull up to 12,700lbs. I expect the same out of a 2021.

The 3.5L is the strongest towing engine for the F-150, by far. The fact the Powerboost is a hybrid version of that is a no brainer. That being said, it would not surprise me to see the numbers come in closer to the Powerstoke with a mid 10,000lb rating. Just thinking freely here, but if the Powerboost was going to be anywhere near the 12,700 number, they would be shouting it from the rafters.

Joe_D

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can you order a F150 for delivery in CA and if so, is there an added cost? I am looking for 2021 F150 Lariat. Also, what is your best guess for delivery after placing an order?

Joe_D

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
F150 interiors
I found this video which shows 2021 interiors versus trim level

OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Those are the CGI images set to music...but it does tell you the model and trim as you are watching...Nice find(y)

zdc999

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicles
i have a 2018 ford escape
Occupation
pipeline construction
How's it going?

Quick question. Do you know how the optioned out Powerboost XLT with the sport appearance package and the 4x4 prototype is priced? That's probably how I want mine and just was curious.

Also I used to work at Tomball Ford but I started during the peak of COVID and I was not having any luck so I had to go get a steady income job lol. But I enjoyed working there.

kavm

Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; Plan: 2021 F150
Spare vs. Vehicle Tire size: I ran the new configurator. One thing that confounded me was that the spare tire sizing:

I selected FX4 (Platinum) and it shows:
- 275/60 R20 BSW All-Terrain Tires (A/T) (4x4)

That's fine but then it shows:
- Spare Tire – 265/70/18 A/T

Is that a configurator problem? Does one need to pay more to have the matching size in the spare tire? [There was no selection for that.] Or, am I making the mistake in selecting spare tire?

kavm

Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; Plan: 2021 F150
Thank you! That's interesting. I am surprised that customers would not want an option of matching the tire and rim size.

TimmyP007

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 FX4 F150
Good day! Impatiently waiting to order a 2021 in Canada... 😁 Just wondering if there has been any word on which 3.5 Ecoboost Will be going in the 21s. Will it be the HO 3.5 from the Raptors? Or, the regular 3.5?

Thank you for all the info so far!!

Cheers!

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
It looks like the only way to get rain-sensing wipers on the Lariat is with the 502A package. Does anyone know if that's the case? It's a big price jump, and that's the only feature I really need.

OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Good day! Impatiently waiting to order a 2021 in Canada... 😁 Just wondering if there has been any word on which 3.5 Ecoboost Will be going in the 21s. Will it be the HO 3.5 from the Raptors? Or, the regular 3.5?

Thank you for all the info so far!!

Cheers!
Normal 3.5 L EcoBoost the Limited offers the same engine code...

OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
It looks like the only way to get rain-sensing wipers on the Lariat is with the 502A package. Does anyone know if that's the case? It's a big price jump, and that's the only feature I really need.

Get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 it is part of that package...

We have a 501 coming with that on it...