kavm

Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; Plan: 2021 F150
Thank you very much, Roger350. What we need to haul isn't anywhere near the limit but we like plenty of margin of error. Definitely getting the tow mirrors and max tow package.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you very much, Roger350. What we need to haul isn't anywhere near the limit but we like plenty of margin of error. Definitely getting the tow mirrors and max tow package.
Glad to help any way I can. So many good people on this forum have helped me too, it's a great community.

I agree, extra margin is a very good thing when towing, especially on the brakes. I just wish the pricing for the Max Tow Package credited us for some of the package equipment that is standard on the higer trims.

Reeltime

Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Maxima
Glad to help any way I can. So many good people on this forum have helped me too, it's a great community.

I agree, extra margin is a very good thing when towing, especially on the brakes. I just wish the pricing for the Max Tow Package credited us for some of the package equipment that is standard on the higer trims.
Agree. There is also no mention of upgraded trans/oil cooler.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Agree. There is also no mention of upgraded trans/oil cooler.
Yep, which makes me assume all trucks get large enough engine oil and transmission coolers to cover the max tow ratings, but that is a dangerous assumption, and another good reason to pay the obscene amount for the Max Tow Package just in case.

Ordering trucks based on preliminary information that can have errors is a risk. So we can over order for increased margin now, or we can wait until trucks are on dealer lots and some of the information can be confirmed.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 King Ranch F150; 2020 Lexus RX350; 2016 Dodge Challanger Hellcat
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Granger Ford
Have you seen a push back on any of your orders that already had scheduled dates? Mine got push about a month, and we don't know why. I do not have the lay down seats on my order either.

20200921_100557.jpg

OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director for Granger Motors
Not really, I told them that the Trucks will be built when Ford gets to Job1 and when they have to change the plant this much it takes time for that to happen...

The Stock orders are processing right now, I would suspect to clean production and assembly up prior to retail orders...

Our stock orders have been held up for a variety of reasons post production...

Ford knows that we will accept that they have not arrived...

Retail customers usually get the first live trucks once the processes are cleaned up at the plant...

If no major changes were made then the trucks would be arriving soon, however that is not the case with the major changes made to the F-150...

keithw1975

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport, 1999 Ram 3500
Does anyone know if adding a 2" leveling kit to the front of the truck will cause warranty issues? I noticed that Town and Country Ford on Youtube was mentioning they add them to customers new trucks, but didn't say anything about the warranty.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Hi Granger Ford, does the XLT 301a and 302a include LED taillights? Thanks
not granger ford but Fords build & price seems to say No LED taillights.. I get this because XLT 301A and 302A do not mention led tails in description..

if you check lariat 502A mentions you get led tails.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Does anyone know if adding a 2" leveling kit to the front of the truck will cause warranty issues? I noticed that Town and Country Ford on Youtube was mentioning they add them to customers new trucks, but didn't say anything about the warranty.
I highly doubt a level would void a warranty..

keithw1975

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport, 1999 Ram 3500
I was worried about it affecting angles of things like the steering linkage or sway bar linkages. I always get the ford ESP Platinum.

uavmx

Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
@Granger Ford Are you able to provide a rough idea of payload numbers based on trim and options now that more payload information has been provided by Ford?

PATruck83

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150, 2002 Tahoe, 2014 Jeep GC
Question for Granger Ford.

Do you know if the 2021 XLT models will all be console shifters vs column shifters?

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a 2020 or 2021 and I'm not a huge fan of the center console shifters as I like the extra space. I'm considering a XLT 302A in either 2020 or 2021.

Thanks

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Question for Granger Ford.

Do you know if the 2021 XLT models will all be console shifters vs column shifters?

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a 2020 or 2021 and I'm not a huge fan of the center console shifters as I like the extra space. I'm considering a XLT 302A in either 2020 or 2021.

Thanks

Pretty sure you can choose between center console or steering wheel shifter to have bench seat on XLT.

PATruck83

Reaction score
Vehicles
Pretty sure you can choose between center console or steering wheel shifter to have bench seat on XLT.

So if I want full consoler and column shift, its probably not an option?

For example, in the 2020 you can get column shift with full center console in an XLT, but if you go to the sport trim vs chrome trim, then it goes to a console shifter I believe. And then of course anything Lariat and above is console. I like the full console, but want a column shifter if at all possible in a 2021.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
So if I want full consoler and column shift, its probably not an option?

For example, in the 2020 you can get column shift with full center console in an XLT, but if you go to the sport trim vs chrome trim, then it goes to a console shifter I believe. And then of course anything Lariat and above is console. I like the full console, but want a column shifter if at all possible in a 2021.
I would go to fords website and play with the build & price. It’s pretty dang accurate on what you can and cannot do.

PATruck83

Reaction score
Vehicles
I would go to fords website and play with the build & price. It’s pretty dang accurate on what you can and cannot do.
I've tried that, but currently on the early build and price tool, the interior pics dont really change much if at all when you change options around. Just a stock photo without the center console but rather the fold down center seat.

OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director for Granger Motors

Attachments