GPS tracker install

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Do not under any circumstances think that fordpass is a GPS tracker. The first thing 'smart' thieves do is kill remote access in the APIM which is as simple as a couple options. Ford is terrible in actually providing reliable security options to customers ... but they can waste time and money submitting a patent for self-repo of self-driving vehicles.

As for a great hiding spot of a GPS tracker -- put it into one of the seats. Lots of extra room in the driver's seat back with always-on power. Very stealth.
This may sound a little cynical, But I live 16 miles as the crow flies from downtown NYC. In my lifetime I've seen at least a dozen high end cars stolen from freinds and neighbors. It goes a few ways, after theft within an hour or two your truck will be in a chop shop disabled and being stripped, or in a shipping container at port Newark headed out of the country. Worst is when it's stolen and joy riden through the streets of Jersey City or Newark. I've seen a couple of these returned to there owners. When this happens you'll wish they had never found your car! The result of return disgusting you'll get little to no insurance to repair it, it will never be right again and you'll have wished it had been stripped. Honestly the best deterrent is not to let it be stolen in the first place by garaging it. Or a hidden toggle switch under the dash to disable the truck, disconnecting the starter, fuel pump, ignition or others.

Bottom line, let them take it, hope you never see it again, get your insurance money and move on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
This comment is relevant to both US and Canada. When you have government foreign policies that allow dirt bags to enter the country and your domestic policies are depriving people from having a decent life, don't be surprised to see all sorts of garbage coming down the pipeline! We can spend our hard earned money on all sorts of gadgets to prevent dirt bags from stealing our trucks but that will not get rid of the problem until governments set the correct policies and care about their hard working and honest citizens instead of caring only about buying votes for the next election! I can keep going but you know the rest!

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
This comment is relevant to both US and Canada. When you have government foreign policies that allow dirt bags to enter the country and your domestic policies are depriving people from having a decent life, don't be surprised to see all sorts of garbage coming down the pipeline! We can spend our hard earned money on all sorts of gadgets to prevent dirt bags from stealing our trucks but that will not get rid of the problem until governments set the correct policies and care about their hard working and honest citizens instead of caring only about buying votes for the next election! I can keep going but you know the rest!
Atta boy Shane!!!

Thanks for saying what many fear to say!
Sponsored