Sponsored

Kaboom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Anybody got information about this screen, for the Bronco I assume. Would be cool to look into this? See attached Picture

Ford F-150 Got Power-Up 3.5.4 Update: Advanced Dual Phone, Payload Limit Warning ford-sync4-hero

Last edited:

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Got mine yesterday overnight! ‘22 Lariat 502A

Ford F-150 Got Power-Up 3.5.4 Update: Advanced Dual Phone, Payload Limit Warning 64BD5D68-F990-40F9-B4A2-85CA2CE5D56A

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Are you all locking your doors and/or setting your parking brake to get the updates?

Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Are you all locking your doors and/or setting your parking brake to get the updates?
No, not for me. Same routine as always, just parked in the garage and came back out to run a late afternoon errand and I had the update. It was the same way as my last update back in October.

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
I have a May 5 build 22 Powerboost. Last update I got was 3.5.2 and that was sometime last year.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
And I'm still not getting any updates. Since I got the truck, it keeps me telling me "no updates available" :mad:
Where are you in upstate SC? I'm in Wilmington and have an FDRS license and can help out provided if you do indeed have updates. What's your VIN?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Where are you in upstate SC? I'm in Wilmington and have an FDRS license and can help out provided if you do indeed have updates. What's your VIN?

Greatly appreciate the offer, @Bob_Mac ! I am in the Greenville area, not sure it is worth 4:30 hours each way 😁
It is my understanding from Jesse that I do have updates, that there were 3 failed attempts to update the Gateway and nothing will come OTA before the Gateway can be updated.
I sent you PM with the VIN.

Thanks again!

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Add me to the 3.5.4 update club. Got it today during a long drive in an area with good cell coverage. Sync still at 22293 on the screen, for a data point on that.

Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Greatly appreciate the offer, @Bob_Mac ! I am in the Greenville area, not sure it is worth 4:30 hours each way 😁
It is my understanding from Jesse that I do have updates, that there were 3 failed attempts to update the Gateway and nothing will come OTA before the Gateway can be updated.
I sent you PM with the VIN.

Thanks again!
You have anyone in my area that you're really wanting to visit? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: sbi

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Anybody got information about this screen, for the Bronco I assume. Would be cool to look into this? See attached Picture

ford-sync4-hero.jpg
That’s part of the non existent fordpass Performance App.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
I always lock my doors and set the parking brake, so if that’s a prerequisite I’ve been meeting it. I saw a parking pawl fail years ago so ever since I set the brake before I power off.

All three updates I’ve gotten, 3.5.2, 3.5.3.2, and 3.5.4 came after or during a 1+ hour drive into areas with better cell reception. I don’t know if it’s the battery charging or the cell service (at home we only get about three bars on most devices on AT&T) but that seems to have worked each time.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Busy week for updates. Looks like everybody (Ford, Amazon, Andriod Auto, and Google Maps) did a great job getting their apps updated so they play well together - BZ. I haven't noticed any new bugs, but have noticed that some bugs I had with 3.5.2 and older AA, and Google maps are fixed. I noticed that the distance to next turn bug in the dash is fixed with new Android Auto and Google Maps versions.
  • Got 3.5.3 two days ago
  • Then found bug fix updates for both Google Maps 11.63.0704 and Android Auto 8.6.625074 yesterday in play store so I downloaded and updated those apps. This fixed an issue I had where GPS wasn't working with AA/Google Maps, which I had with just 3.5.3 alone
  • Got 3.5.4 this afternoon - I haven't tried those new features
  • Setup Alexa account today (I am a brand new Alexa user)
  • Downloaded Alexa on my Android phone too because I needed to link my Spotify account and change music service provider default from Amazon Music to Spotify. Also, had to do some additional setup such as adding my Home address in my phone Alexa app under location settings so my truck would know where my home was. After I did that I could say Alexa, take me home and it would work with Ford Sync.
Hoping the Alexa voice interface with my Sync system is a long term useful feature. I like it so far and it seems to be a significant improvement over the OK Ford voice recognition AI.

In conclusion, I like both Nav systems now (Alexa/Sync & AA/Google Maps). Can't wait to see AA Coolwalk update 8.7, I think that is all that I am missing.

Last edited: