Sponsored

Got my truck today My F-150 Ordering Story (04/26 built week)

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
You won’t be able to get any deal on a new order!
Not even XPlan? To the dealer this is a winner, keep the truck I have on order and sell it with a limited availability price increase to someone else, and sell another one to me with an assured profit using XPlan. One customer, two sales. If I was a car dealer I'd take that deal.
Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
7514 VIN tracking.jpg

7514 tracking shown above. Sorry for the mistake earlier.

7515 VIN tracking.jpg

7515 tracking showing above. Exact same truck. Exact same built and exact same order date.
You can tell that orders are next to each other by almost sequential VIN.

For yall's reference - the 7514 was blended a day later than 7515.

My delivery of 7514 was successful and drove home today (05/18). Though I personally did not see 7515 being in the lot and was told that it was sold already. Attached are both tracking info if they can be of help.

I checked both window stickers.
7515 sticker.jpg

7515 sticker

7514 sticker.jpg

7514 sticker
Very nice build! That is how I would have built it! (Except for 6.5bed)
3.31 rear axle!!! I am really curious on your mpg. My 3.55 is doing better with 5k miles and 91+ octane for mpg.
Stay in touch !

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Perfectly said! I have been thinking about the same thing. The new car smell will almost be gone if at all. Ford sent me a Cash Rewards for $3000. It expires July 6th. That was not an issue until now. My date now is 10/31. This is kicking the customer when they are down already. I called and Ford marketing in Dearborn said for my dealer has to call their rep to try to get an extension. My dealer wont do that. So know I lost $3000 and my truck is being destroyed by the elements. Augh!!!
Thank you all for your support over the past few days. Many

Yesterday and today, I spent some quality time with my dealership, searching for vehicles on Ford’s web site, and calling numerous dealerships from Cleveland to Maine to Pittsburgh to Alabama and the Carolina’s.
Perfectly said! I have been thinking about the same thing. The new car smell will almost be gone if at all. Ford sent me a Cash Rewards for $3000. It expires July 6th. That was not an issue until now. My date now is 10/31. This is kicking the customer when they are down already. I called and Ford marketing in Dearborn said for my dealer has to call their rep to try to get an extension. My dealer wont do that. So know I lost $3000 and my truck is being destroyed by the elements. Augh!!!
@Marine01, @OCDoug, @cool rod, @Asphaltman, et al -

First of all, thank you all for your support and kind words. I thought I'd give and update on my experience in the hope that it may help some of you deal with your own similar situations. (Apologies in advance for the length). Given the recent and outrageous delay, I decided to find a truck on a lot ... somewhere.

I spend ~6 hours yesterday searching on the Ford site for a similar truck to the one I'd originally ordered. The shortage - especially of these Hybrids - is much worse than I'd expected. I expanded my search beyond my 100 mile radius to include all of New England, then west to NY, OH, and PA, and then south to NJ, VA, the Carolina's, and AL. I followed-up on each of the Platinum Hybrids in SQ/Black that I could find. One by one, I learned that they had either already been sold off the lot or sold sight-unseen while in transit. Sigh. I ended with one lead in NC but the dealership was having trouble locating the VIN I'd given them.

The Bad News -
I went to my original Dealership to inform them of the most recent slip and how displeased I was with Ford, leaving people's trucks for 7.5 months to fade and weather in the sun. They were polite and professional but shared some unpleasant truths caused by the chip shortage:
a) There are zero Hybrid F-150's within 300 miles of me. Zero. Most Dealer Orders are being delayed like our Special Orders.
b) Ford no longer honors X-Plan discounts for anyone, nationally. Even employees. If I wanted to keep my original discount, I'd have to keep my original order.
b) Ford is cancelling all PCO's not used by June 2nd! The fact that mine was good thru July 7th meant nothing. Take delivery by June 2 or you get nothing.
c) Ford Credit's $500 incentive will disappear as of June 1st.
d) Most dealers are now charging $1,000-$2,500 over MSRP. (A local Toyota dealer is charging $5k over MSRP for Tacoma's.)
e) I can cancel my original order for a full refund of my deposit.

The Good News -
I went home and finally got a call-back from the NC Dealer I'd contacted earlier. They'd located the Hybrid Platinum I'd inquired about! It was just built last week (sticker confirms!) and is due to be delivered to them at the end of next week. They confirmed with the shipper it is en route. Unlike two other pre-delivery trucks I'd inquired about (1 in Cleveland, 1 in upstate NY), this one hadn't been promised to a customer yet. However, they expected it would be sold by the end of the Memorial Day Weekend sale (today is Saturday).

More Bad News -
They confirmed all of the expiring discounts that my dealer told me about. Then informed me of their $1,500 uplift, citing the extreme shortage. However, they did work to secure me another $500 Incentive and agreed to expedite the paperwork so they could honor my soon-to-expire $1,500 PCO.

Conclusions -
1. I believe that these dealers are doing the best they can to manage through this terrible supply chain disruption.
2. If you are in a similar position, realize that you do have options. Just be diligent and creative in your search. The early bird ...
3. As for me, I am paying ~$3.5k more for what I thought I'd bought 5 months ago. Far from ideal but, given the situation, I am happy. I will fly to NC this weekend, drive to visit my daughter at NC State, and drive my own truck home next weekend!

I hope this helps. Best of luck to each and every one of you!

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Thank you for the detailed write-up. The only thing that sticks out to me is the " Ford is cancelling all PCO's not used by June 2nd!". I will follow-up with my dealer on Tuesday to get more info on that. There is nothing in the fine print that says they can cancel at anytime. Because that is exclusive to me, that PCO is akin to a contractual agreement. I can't believe that they can just say, no we won't honor that. There are also other people on this forum that say their dealers are getting extensions from corporate to cover the delays.

In the end, you got a truck, so happy for you. Keep us updated on the progress and how you like it.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Thank you for the detailed write-up. The only thing that sticks out to me is the " Ford is cancelling all PCO's not used by June 2nd!". I will follow-up with my dealer on Tuesday to get more info on that. There is nothing in the fine print that says they can cancel at anytime. Because that is exclusive to me, that PCO is akin to a contractual agreement. I can't believe that they can just say, no we won't honor that. There are also other people on this forum that say their dealers are getting extensions from corporate to cover the delays.

In the end, you got a truck, so happy for you. Keep us updated on the progress and how you like it.
Slight tangent, my dealer said that they had no way of getting my PCO extended, but that I may be able to by contacting someone, my salesman said that they have nothing to do with the PCOs (which I knew) and that they had had customers who were successful in getting their PCOs extended, this is making me question what he told me, even though it made sense to me at the time

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Slight tangent, my dealer said that they had no way of getting my PCO extended, but that I may be able to by contacting someone, my salesman said that they have nothing to do with the PCOs (which I knew) and that they had had customers who were successful in getting their PCOs extended, this is making me question what he told me, even though it made sense to me at the time
@Broccoli Rob I had heard, but not verified, that a dealer has the ability to contact the district manager and request a extension. I will talk to my dealer next week and report back.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
@Broccoli Rob I had heard, but not verified, that a dealer has the ability to contact the district manager and request a extension. I will talk to my dealer next week and report back.
More info would be greatly appreciated if you're able to get it

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer

@Roady,

This is interesting, as dealerships I spoke with yesterday were very clear about expiring PCO’s. And I certainly believe you. More conflicting disinformation coming out of Ford. There is no excuse for why it is this bad.

Best of luck in securing your PCO and getting your truck soon!

OP
OP
AccentedWanderer

AccentedWanderer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 5.5. 2018 Audi Q5
Very nice build! That is how I would have built it! (Except for 6.5bed)
3.31 rear axle!!! I am really curious on your mpg. My 3.55 is doing better with 5k miles and 91+ octane for mpg.
Stay in touch !
Hi Louis,

Thank you. To be honest, I would love to go for a 6.5ft bed, but my life is full of changes and I never know when would be the time that I end up in a city (and have a hard time to park a 6.5ft bed truck)

With 3.31, I have done 300 miles of in town driving and have been getting 14.8 MPG so far. I suspect it will be around 20 on highway. The vehicle is fully stock at the moment. It runs on 89 Octane (middle one for me at pump) and without touneau cover.

I plan on changing the tire to 34.5 after leveling the truck with coilovers. I think 3.31 should still do provided it has 510 lbs.ft of torque. I personally think it would be fine to continue to run with that updated setup. I think i will have about 2-3 MPG drop in the end, but who cares right?

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
When I ordered back in February my Dealer took my PCO number and entered it into their system which locked that discount in. The ford website states that you can use either the offers available at the time of order or the time of delivery. If your dealer logged your number at the time of order then it should have locked it in as mine expired at the end of March and they are still honoring it.

Sponsored

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I called Dearborn Marketing and asked this because my PCO expires 7/6. They told me the dealer has to call their Ford representative at time of purchase and request the extension. The rep can do the extension at that time. I am praying this is true. I emailed my salesman and explained this last week but still has not replied. Which is normal. They never reply or answer anything. I’m starting to wonder if I’m ever really going to get my truck. It will probably be musty inside and rusty outside. So frustrating!

75032Limited

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum & 2021 Limited
Couldnt wait any longer. Found one on the lot (Platinum) and Cancelled my order. Dealer was ok with this and thanked me for hanging on for so long. They'll be able to sell the Limited that I ordered for at least sticker here in DFW so no loss. Here's what I bought....

Ford F-150 Got my truck today My F-150 Ordering Story (04/26 built week) 2

Ford F-150 Got my truck today My F-150 Ordering Story (04/26 built week) 1

It's basically the limited that I ordered, but in Platinum Guise.
701A - 7.2KW Powerboost, with moonroof.

Ford F-150 Got my truck today My F-150 Ordering Story (04/26 built week) 64390347188__0EE9F7AB-D1A8-422A-80C7-8E5525D541C1

It was ordered 3.7, Built 5.6, Shipped 5.7, arrived at dealer on 5.26, I purchased 5.28...

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Couldnt wait any longer. Found one on the lot (Platinum) and Cancelled my order. Dealer was ok with this and thanked me for hanging on for so long. They'll be able to sell the Limited that I ordered for at least sticker here in DFW so no loss. Here's what I bought....

2.jpg

1.jpg

It's basically the limited that I ordered, but in Platinum Guise.
701A - 7.2KW Powerboost, with moonroof.

64390347188__0EE9F7AB-D1A8-422A-80C7-8E5525D541C1.jpeg

It was ordered 3.7, Built 5.6, Shipped 5.7, arrived at dealer on 5.26, I purchased 5.28...
WOW! CONGRATS!!!! Enjoy, don't forget about us truckless folks. LOL

75032Limited

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum & 2021 Limited
WOW! CONGRATS!!!! Enjoy, don't forget about us truckless folks. LOL
Thanks. It was very rough finding one that had the options that I wanted that wasn't a limited.
I really feel for the group here. If I was in another situation, I would have waited. Management highly encouraged me to make a concession and get one now. I wasn't able to get X-plan pricing but I'm glad I didn't have to pay the "market adjustment" pricing....

Hang in there guys.