OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Just a quick little update. I keep getting this message pop up on my dash. I have slide the tray in every direction. I can get the message to go away for a while, but then it comes back. Some kind of sensor. I can't really afford to take the truck in for service right now so I'm living with it. Its too bad mine even has the work tray, I'm not using it, probably never will. I leave the center up.
20210107_130431.jpg
So I brought it back to the dealership. Got my inspection sticker and they claim they looked at the problem and said it was all set. I drove the truck about 3 feet and the warning came back on. Very disappointing. After waiting 1 hour, they wanted me to wait 20 mins until everyone was done lunch then how ever long it would take to repair.
They are keeping the truck until its fixed and giving me a rental, (Enterprise is in the dealership). Unfortunately they are giving me a Nissan POS.
I feel like Steve Martin in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Just give me a car with 4 #$%@ing wheels. Lol.
Update: I cant even get my legs in the Nissan. They are looking for another vehicle. I love spending the day at the dealership.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I just wanted to give an update on my situation.
Long story short, I no longer have that XLT. They bought it back and that dealership and I parted company. Man does it feel weird driving my Ram 1500 that I traded in. So I am back in the market for a new F150! I am really digging the Powerboost models and I am actively searching for one.
On a side note, before I bought this XLT (let's call them dealer b), a different dealership (dealer a) had a XLT that I was very interested in. When I turned my XLT in dealer b) , I decided I didn't wanted to be without a new F150 for very long. (The value of my Ram 1500 keeps dropping and I'm approaching the end of my factory warranty) so I went back to buy the xlt at dealer a. The truck was listed on their website, but no one knew where the truck was. After doing some digging, they found out it was in the body shop. It came in damaged and has been in the garage since Dec. 28. I'm wondering if they will "discount" it since they had to do body repairs or keep it as a new price. So they are going to get me more details tomorrow. If they work the price better, I may go with that. If not, I'm going to start a powerboost hunt. Finding one with 40/20/40 seats with at least the camera package and Co-Pilot360 assist will be next to impossible. I may have to build my own and wait like what, 4 months?

Last edited:

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
I just wanted to give an update on my situation.
Long story short, I no longer have that XLT. They bought it back and that dealership and I parted company. Man does it feel weird driving my Ram 1500 that I traded in. So I am back in the market for a new F150! I am really digging the Powerboost models and I am actively searching for one.
On a side note, before I bought this XLT (let's call them dealer b), a different dealership (dealer a) had a XLT that I was very interested in. When I turned my XLT in dealer b) , I decided I didn't wanted to be without a new F150 for very long. (The value of my Ram 1500 keeps dropping and I'm approaching the end of my factory warranty) so I went back to buy to dealer a. The truck was listed on their website, but no one knew where the truck was. After doing some digging, they found out it was in the body shop. It came in damaged and has been in the garage since Dec. 28. I'm wondering if they will "discount" it since they had to do body repairs or keep it as a new price. So they are going to get me more details tomorrow. If they work the price better, I may go with that. If not, I'm going to start a powerboost hunt. Finding one with 40/20/40 seats with at least the camera package and Co-Pilot360 assist will be next to impossible. I may have to build my own and wait like what, 4 months?
Why did you return the truck? Because of the sensor error with the workspace?

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Why did you return the truck? Because of the sensor error with the workspace?
Its a long story but the dealership didn't value my time. I also didn't appreciate being told my vehicle was all set, and step out into the parking lot, drive 3 feet and it does it again, only to come back in and EVERYONE in the service department went to lunch and let me standing there. I can just tell the tech put no effort into a repair and took me as a fool when he probably moved the tray around until the binging and message stopped. Then there was problems with both rental vehicles and they wanted me to put a security deposit on rental.
Wanting to get out of the dealership I asked about their exchange policy which is 300 miles and 72 hours or less. I walked the lot and found a 2020 Lariat that had some rebates on it (none on the lease of the 21 XLT) The monthly payment should have gone down at least $30 a month, but he ran some numbers and said my payment would go up. The sticker on the 2020 was even less than the 21. I could tell he was lazy and didn't want the hassle of the paperwork. This guy wasn't very helpful since day one. At this point they had my truck, I had no rental and I had lost total faith in this dealership. Let's just say returning the truck was amicable. I'm not depressed about it. I thought I got taken a little by these guys but to zero in on a 40/20/40 with certain features is tough. They are a set price dealership. That translates to they pee on you and tell you its raining. They leave zero room for negotiation and double talk to you to make you feel like they did you a favor.

Last edited:

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Its a long story but the dealership didn't value my time. I also didn't appreciate being told my vehicle was all set, and step out into the parking lot, drive 3 feet and it does it again, only to come back in and EVERYONE in the service department went to lunch and let me standing there. I can just tell the tech put no effort into a repair and took me as a fool when he probably moved the tray around until the binging and message stopped. Then there was problems with both rental vehicles and they wanted me to put a security deposit on rental.
Wanting to get out of the dealership I asked about their exchange policy which is 300 miles and 72 hours or less. I walked the lot and found a 2020 Lariat that had some rebates on it (none on the lease of the 21 XLT) The monthly payment should have gone down at least $30 a month, but he ran some numbers and said my payment would go up. The sticker on the 2020 was even less than the 21. I could tell he was lasy and didn't want the hassle of the paperwork. This guy wasn't very helpful since day one. At this point they had my truck, I had no rental and I had lost total faith in this dealership. Let's just say returning the truck was amicable. I'm not depressed about it. I thought I got taken a little by these guys but to zero in on a 40/20/40 with certain features is tough. They are a set price dealership. That translates to they pee on you and tell you its raining. They leave zero room for negotiation and double talk to you to make you feel like they did you a favor.

sounds like the one I walked away from - I ordered and the acted like it was a pain to take the time to explain the process. All the wanted to say is I’ll let you know. They didn’t want to negotiate a total price - was most interested in doing so when the vehicle arrives on the lot. I got my deposit back and left.
The look on their face said it all - they were really pissed and I provided them with a big grin & went elsewhere to order.

Sponsored

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
Wanting to get out of the dealership I asked about their exchange policy which is 300 miles and 72 hours or less. I walked the lot and found a 2020 Lariat that had some rebates on it (none on the lease of the 21 XLT) The monthly payment should have gone down at least $30 a month, but he ran some numbers and said my payment would go up. The sticker on the 2020 was even less than the 21. I could tell he was lasy and didn't want the hassle of the paperwork. This guy wasn't very helpful since day one. At this point they had my truck, I had no rental and I had lost total faith in this dealership. Let's just say returning the truck was amicable. I'm not depressed about it. I thought I got taken a little by these guys but to zero in on a 40/20/40 with certain features is tough. They are a set price dealership. That translates to they pee on you and tell you its raining. They leave zero room for negotiation and double talk to you to make you feel like they did you a favor.
Thanks for the details. That's a huge help to me personally as I am working on a truck and have been talking to that dealer.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I'd move on from this dealership A. I'm sorry the value of your trade-in might drop as you wait/search etc, but in the long run you want to be happy with the product, happy with the relationship that is being built with the Ford dealer.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
It is amazing how quickly things can change with a dealer. I bought my current truck in Nov. 2018. It was the last '18 on the lot, but was exactly what I wanted. They quoted me a number over e-mail that was several thousand over the price they advertised on their site. After sorting that out on the phone, I went in to buy the truck. The dealer started with a price on the truck which, again, was not as advertised. It was late afternoon/early evening when we got it all squared away, so it was dark by the time they cleaned up the truck and I did my final walk around. The next day I found something broken on the tonneau cover. I was back at the dealer by 10am that morning. Both the warranty manager and service manager told me to pound sand: "sorry sir, you bought it that way".

To make an already long story short, the salesman got it repaired (which was a warranty item anyway) and I backed off my assertion they take the truck back. I have never been there again for service...ever! The same piece broke on the other side of my tonneau in 2020 and the servicing dealer immediately ordered the new part and set me up with a rental while they did the repair. No pushing, no prodding, no hassle!

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
It is amazing how quickly things can change with a dealer. I bought my current truck in Nov. 2018. It was the last '18 on the lot, but was exactly what I wanted. They quoted me a number over e-mail that was several thousand over the price they advertised on their site. After sorting that out on the phone, I went in to buy the truck. The dealer started with a price on the truck which, again, was not as advertised. It was late afternoon/early evening when we got it all squared away, so it was dark by the time they cleaned up the truck and I did my final walk around. The next day I found something broken on the tonneau cover. I was back at the dealer by 10am that morning. Both the warranty manager and service manager told me to pound sand: "sorry sir, you bought it that way".

To make an already long story short, the salesman got it repaired (which was a warranty item anyway) and I backed off my assertion they take the truck back. I have never been there again for service...ever! The same piece broke on the other side of my tonneau in 2020 and the servicing dealer immediately ordered the new part and set me up with a rental while they did the repair. No pushing, no prodding, no hassle!
I worried about that too when I got mine. It was dark outside. They did a poor job of prepping it too. One other minor goofy thing, they peeled the plastic off the stereo even though it says to be removed by customer. Also I don't why, but they sprayed some kind of scented smell in the truck. Totally killed the new car smell.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I worried about that too when I got mine. It was dark outside. They did a poor job of prepping it too. One other minor goofy thing, they peeled the plastic off the stereo even though it says to be removed by customer. Also I don't why, but they sprayed some kind of scented smell in the truck. Totally killed the new car smell.
A lot of sad dealers stories on here but robbing someone of that new car smell tops em all. If possible, please share that dealers name.

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
A lot of sad dealers stories on here but robbing someone of that new car smell tops em all. If possible, please share that dealers name.
This smell is so euphoric. I can't believe they covered it up....so sad.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
The spray is possibly disinfectant/sanitizer that Ford dealerships are required to use during prep because of COVID.
Personally, I'd be glad to know my new truck had been sanitized before I climb into it the first time.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
The spray is probably disinfectant/sanitizer that Ford dealerships are required to use during prep because of COVID.
Personally, I'd be glad to know my new truck had been sanitized before I climb into it the first time.
Great point. I was told that my truck was groped quite heavily by the dealership staff because my truck was the first one that they received. I would like to think they sanitized it during prep. I sure did once I got it home!

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Great point. I was told that my truck was groped quite heavily by the dealership staff because my truck was the first one that they received. I would like to think they sanitized it during prep. I sure did once I got it home!
I forgot about that. The dealer didn't have to lie to me about nothing was sprayed though when I asked. Too bad, it really did kill the new car smell.
Sponsored