First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Bob, you’re doing great on MPG. I’m hoping I can get at or better than MPG on mine.
Sponsored

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Well I got back from my dealer today, they had to replace all 4 of my wheels where their tire guy gouged all 4 of mine while swapping my stock tires to Michelin's. Got 4 new wheels, which surprised me they had some to send with the production line going wide open. All are perfect.

When I asked the service manage again about the flash, he said Ford has not even sent them new program to upload yet.

They did fill my truck up before I left because I had to make the trip for their screw up. I thought that was cool.

This was my trip home MPGs, over 600 miles now. I know, TMI...

1613168999419.jpeg
It is a nice gesture from the dealer to top up your fuel. Short term pain, long term gain.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Well I got back from my dealer today, they had to replace all 4 of my wheels where their tire guy gouged all 4 of mine while swapping my stock tires to Michelin's. Got 4 new wheels, which surprised me they had some to send with the production line going wide open. All are perfect.

When I asked the service manage again about the flash, he said Ford has not even sent them new program to upload yet.

They did fill my truck up before I left because I had to make the trip for their screw up. I thought that was cool.

This was my trip home MPGs, over 600 miles now. I know, TMI...

1613168999419.jpeg
25 mpg. Nice. Powerboost right?

milanc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat f150
I just got the FSA today as well for the heated mirrors and trailer controller. My service guy just called me and thinks this may be the cause of the battery drain issues.... He read the FSA to me over the phone and there is a logic bug where a certain sequence of events can cause the battery to drain in 17 hours. I have an appointment on Saturday morning so lets see how this goes.

Hi there, do you have any details on the battery issue? My truck battery died after 5 days of non use, it hasn't been too cold so I'm wondering if the issue was non-use and the cold or the FSA that you referenced. Any info would be great

I also got the reflash heated mirror and integrated trailer relay notice.

Sponsored

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
Hi there, do you have any details on the battery issue? My truck battery died after 5 days of non use, it hasn't been too cold so I'm wondering if the issue was non-use and the cold or the FSA that you referenced. Any info would be great

I also got the reflash heated mirror and integrated trailer relay notice.
Did you get a replacement battery?

Dealer called me on Friday and said they had difficulties doing the FSA on a stock truck. Ford acknowledged the issue was on their end and was hoping to have the new release available early next week. My new battery has been strong enough to allow the truck to start on the weekends when I drive it. I haven't been monitoring its state of charge as closely as I was before.

milanc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat f150
Did you get a replacement battery?

This just happened to me two days ago so I was researching then found this thread. I'm going to schedule an appointment and ask them to look at the recall, test the battery and to check the rear mounts for rust as well.

When you say ford acknowledged the issue was there a press release or email? I have only gotten the Ford Pass notification for the mirror recal/reflash.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
This just happened to me two days ago so I was researching then found this thread. I'm going to schedule an appointment and ask them to look at the recall, test the battery and to check the rear mounts for rust as well.

When you say ford acknowledged the issue was there a press release or email? I have only gotten the Ford Pass notification for the mirror recal/reflash.
Ford acknowledge that the FSA wasn't working due to a server issue on their end.

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Ford acknowledge that the FSA wasn't working due to a server issue on their end.
I was told those two FSAs were for trucks built in 2020 only and not applicable to trucks with 2021 build dates.

Tobyismydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 3.5L
Can confirm. Parked my new 2021 F150 3.5L Crew in garage Jan 31. Feb 11 dead. Will not take jump or charge. Towed to dealership. Have not heard a word from them. Built at Dearborn 12/14/20.

Sponsored

sam_lewin

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 302A
Anyone know if the tow mirrors are supposed to heated for the 302A’s? I can feel heat coming off of them but in the deep cold they don’t really work. Supposed to go in for the reflash on Friday. Must note that the tow mirrors were an add on after purchase at the dealer but they are Ford OEM

bam2880

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Has anyone had the fsa done and it fixed your battery dieing

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Ecoboost 3.5L
My dealer applied FSA 21B08 today. I asked for a printout of it. I have not connected a trailer yet so I'm a little concerned this might not be the fix. I have a Hulkman Alpha85 2000 amp Jump Starter on the way just in case.

Some of the affected vehicles may have software logic errors affecting the heated mirror and the
ITRM. The heated mirror may not output heat at temperatures below zero degrees Celsius.
Also, a battery drain may occur under a certain sequence of events due to a logic error in the ITRM. Under certain specific sequence, the ITRM battery drain may result in the inability to start the vehicle. A customer could experience a battery drain within 14 hours under the following conditions: the trailer is connected, vehicle is unlocked, parked, and the engine is off.

Attachments

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Has anyone had the fsa done and it fixed your battery dieing
I had the FSA and a new battery installed on Wednesday. Can’t say for sure if my problem is solved, and if so, what solved it. I just hope it’s solved. Having to jump start my truck twice with only 1500 mi is not good.

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
My dealer applied FSA 21B08 today. I asked for a printout of it. I have not connected a trailer yet so I'm a little concerned this might not be the fix. I have a Hulkman Alpha85 2000 amp Jump Starter on the way just in case.
Thanks for posting the printout. Interestingly, that shows the range of build dates that it is applicable to as ending 12-19-2020 for Dearborn-produced trucks. My truck has a build date of 12-20-2020, and I still got the FSA notice in my Fordpass app.
Sponsored