Sponsored

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
Another shame. This is what OTA is for and why the connected all the modules to keep warranty costs down...
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My dealer is telling me they don't have the new flash to do the update yet.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
I just got the FSA today as well for the heated mirrors and trailer controller. My service guy just called me and thinks this may be the cause of the battery drain issues.... He read the FSA to me over the phone and there is a logic bug where a certain sequence of events can cause the battery to drain in 17 hours. I have an appointment on Saturday morning so lets see how this goes.
I really hope that this fixes that problem for you!

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Does anyone know what things like this can't be done using the over the air updates? I appreciate Ford fixing what is broken, and have no trouble going to the dealership for things like this, but just curious. When they talked about over the air updates, it sounded like stuff like this could be done without a visit to the dealership.
My understanding is it only updates sync and not the vehicle. Not 100% on this, but it's certainly not as good as advertised.

Sponsored

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
maybe they realized that the OTA mechanism wasn't properly secure. Sure would suck for hackers to be able to access everyones vehicle and mess something up

bam2880

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Does this notice only apply to certain trim levels?

Verta Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue
Occupation
Graduated Life
My dealer told me on the standard mirrors the heat would not work below zero, thus the update. Did not ask/mention trailering update portion.

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
I got a Field Service Action today to reflash heated mirror and integrated trailer relay module (FSA 21B08). Any one else getting this?
I wonder if the Integrated Trailer Relay Module has anything to do with the Pro Trailer Backup System not recognizing the Target Decal?

Sponsored

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
maybe they realized that the OTA mechanism wasn't properly secure. Sure would suck for hackers to be able to access everyones vehicle and mess something up
Besides security which can be solved with encryption, it's about old school ford culture not comfortable with radical change. Starting with infotainment allows them to "dip their toes" into this new technology.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well I got back from my dealer today, they had to replace all 4 of my wheels where their tire guy gouged all 4 of mine while swapping my stock tires to Michelin's. Got 4 new wheels, which surprised me they had some to send with the production line going wide open. All are perfect.

When I asked the service manage again about the flash, he said Ford has not even sent them new program to upload yet.

They did fill my truck up before I left because I had to make the trip for their screw up. I thought that was cool.

This was my trip home MPGs, over 600 miles now. I know, TMI...

Ford F-150 Got FSA Notice (21B08) today - reflash heated mirror and integrated trailer relay module 1613168999419

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Well I got back from my dealer today, they had to replace all 4 of my wheels where their tire guy gouged all 4 of mine while swapping my stock tires to Michelin's. Got 4 new wheels, which surprised me they had some to send with the production line going wide open. All are perfect.

When I asked the service manage again about the flash, he said Ford has not even sent them new program to upload yet.

They did fill my truck up before I left because I had to make the trip for their screw up. I thought that was cool.

This was my trip home MPGs, over 600 miles now. I know, TMI...

1613168999419.jpeg
Damn bob, you are the MPG king of this place! No one really comes a close 2nd...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Damn bob, you are the MPG king of this place! No one really comes a close 2nd...
I don't know why not, I drove the speed limit and was 60 hwy and 40 city, I was conscious of it but not like over kill.

I was on the cruse when I could, I did have it in eco mode for much of that and I did notice it seems to up shift a little sooner.

I have noticed driving around town I don't do that well, for I have a lot of short trips, so the engine is warming up and not as efficient but would be around 20 to 21. I hate winter time...:LOL:
Sponsored