Sponsored
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Ecoboost 3.5L
Thanks for posting the printout. Interestingly, that shows the range of build dates that it is applicable to as ending 12-19-2020 for Dearborn-produced trucks. My truck has a build date of 12-20-2020, and I still got the FSA notice in my Fordpass app.
That’s a good observation. Was it the exact same FSA code?
Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
I just got one, Integrated Trailer Relay Module (ITRM) Refresh, Field Service Action Number 21B07.

Nothing yet on the heated mirrors - but I have the tow mirrors.

Of course, it came about 3 hours after I left the dealer for getting my wireless pad inspected.
Am I the only owner who received the FSA with Action Number 21B07, instead of 21B08??

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I got mine updated today. Mirrors didn't unfold when I picked it up. Apparently the tech forgot to re-enable them after the update. I will still monitor the battery drain after this.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I got mine updated today. Mirrors didn't unfold when I picked it up. Apparently the tech forgot to re-enable them after the update. I will still monitor the battery drain after this.
I am monitoring things, too. If you read the document from post #43 I am not confident that this FSA will fix our battery drain issues. The battery drain occurs in a very specific way according to Ford.

Ford F-150 Got FSA Notice (21B08) today - reflash heated mirror and integrated trailer relay module AA3D90B4-E197-4F4A-97A3-3A54F6DAA334

I don’t meet the conditions that they specify causes the battery drain.

I am just going to have to hope that it was indeed just a bad battery, and hope that my new battery takes care of it.

Sponsored

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Ecoboost 3.5L
I posted the document on post #43. As mentioned I haven’t plugged in a trailer yet so my dead battery doesn’t really align with ten described scenario. I’m hopeful the person describing the issue was just misinformed and the fix covers a broader sequence of events. ?

I can say that I my battery went dead at around 300 miles. My power running boards were enabled for approach detection along with welcome lighting. I would often walk through my house with the fob in my pocket near my garage and I could hear the the running boards deploying. when this occurs, the lights turn on and the Sync 4 system powers up.

I have to wonder if this contributed to the dead battery. I now hang my key on a key rack just inside the garage door and this keeps the truck from constantly powering on.

I feel the approach detection isn’t well thought out. Anyone notice a similar occurrence?

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I posted the document on post #43. As mentioned I haven’t plugged in a trailer yet so my dead battery doesn’t really align with ten described scenario. I’m hopeful the person describing the issue was just misinformed and the fix covers a broader sequence of events. ?

I can say that I my battery went dead at around 300 miles. My power running boards were enabled for approach detection along with welcome lighting. I would often walk through my house with the fob in my pocket near my garage and I could hear the the running boards deploying. when this occurs, the lights turn on and the Sync 4 system powers up.

I have to wonder if this contributed to the dead battery. I now hang my key on a key rack just inside the garage door and this keeps the truck from constantly powering on.

I feel the approach detection isn’t well thought out. Anyone notice a similar occurrence?
Yeah I've turned off and on and off again the approach detection because of the same issue. I found myself leaving the keys on the kitchen counter just so it wouldn't happen.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I don't have power boards so that isn't an issue with battery drain. I'm doubtful this FSA was the cause of my drain since I never hooked up a trailer. I think NY's lemon law gives 4 attempts to fix the issue and the FSA was my thrid attempt.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yeah I've turned off and on and off again the approach detection because of the same issue. I found myself leaving the keys on the kitchen counter just so it wouldn't happen.
I just turned the detection on day one.

I walk by my truck too many times on a normal day and don't like it dropping the boards and all. I'm fine with it off for as soon as I touch the door handle it drops down, that's good enough for me.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Well I got back from my dealer today, they had to replace all 4 of my wheels where their tire guy gouged all 4 of mine while swapping my stock tires to Michelin's. Got 4 new wheels, which surprised me they had some to send with the production line going wide open. All are perfect.

When I asked the service manage again about the flash, he said Ford has not even sent them new program to upload yet.

They did fill my truck up before I left because I had to make the trip for their screw up. I thought that was cool.

This was my trip home MPGs, over 600 miles now. I know, TMI...

1613168999419.jpeg
Bob, not TMI. Keep it coming... -Lou

Sponsored

Cindy42

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2016 Mustang GT PP
Just took my truck today. (Lariat 502A) Took them maybe a half hour. I did notice last week the driver side mirror was not melting the ice. I hope this fixes that. Receipt states:
"Reprogrammed driver door module, passenger door module and trailer relay module per 21b08. Scanned and checked DTC's, no faults present."

OleDad

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f159
Hello all, I saw a post in here with a mention of rust on the mounts. What mounts would those be as I want to check my 21 f150 for the issue?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hello all, I saw a post in here with a mention of rust on the mounts. What mounts would those be as I want to check my 21 f150 for the issue?
Check your lower rear shock mounts.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
My truck should be delivered any day now. I wonder if the dealership will automatically address all the relevant issues/recalls before calling me.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck should be delivered any day now. I wonder if the dealership will automatically address all the relevant issues/recalls before calling me.
They absolutely should take care of the all the current FSAs before you take the truck.
Sponsored