First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just had mine done today. Dropped it off last night and they called this morning at about 11AM stating it was completed.

Ford Pass App still shows the recall notice though so not too sure how that gets cleared out.
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Just had mine done today. Dropped it off last night and they called this morning at about 11AM stating it was completed.

Ford Pass App still shows the recall notice though so not too sure how that gets cleared out.
It will take a few days to clear from the app.

ryanryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Anyone know if the tow mirrors are supposed to heated for the 302A’s? I can feel heat coming off of them but in the deep cold they don’t really work. Supposed to go in for the reflash on Friday. Must note that the tow mirrors were an add on after purchase at the dealer but they are Ford OEM
Sam, Can you tell me how much you paid to get the tow mirrors? I really wanted these but the dealer told me it would cost $3000 so they recommended aftermarket.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Sam, Can you tell me how much you paid to get the tow mirrors? I really wanted these but the dealer told me it would cost $3000 so they recommended aftermarket.
The mirrors were $250 for my order but you have to have certain packages to be able to add them, like tow package or whatever it is for your model. The mirrors are not $3,000, he is counting the mirrors and the required package.

I don't understand it being $3,000 though, Tow was what, $1300 or something?

Sponsored

ryanryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
The mirrors were $250 for my order but you have to have certain packages to be able to add them, like tow package or whatever it is for your model. The mirrors are not $3,000, he is counting the mirrors and the required package.

I don't understand it being $3,000 though, Tow was what, $1300 or something?
I saw that if you order a custom truck it's only about $250 to change to tow mirrors. I bought a truck that was in stock. So I would have to have the regular mirrors removed and buy new tow mirrors. I have the tow package and technology package.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I saw that if you order a custom truck it's only about $250 to change to tow mirrors. I bought a truck that was in stock. So I would have to have the regular mirrors removed and buy new tow mirrors. I have the tow package and technology package.
Oh, I see, well it will be much more than you think it should.

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
As dog_tired and KBKEITH mentioned the Ford Pass app cleared up the recall about 48 hours or so after the work was done.

Thank you guys.

bhunter0830

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2009 Pontiac G8, 1974 Z28
When I took delivery and set up the app, I noticed this recall and the dealer told me it was taken care of. However, it still shows in my app a week after the purchase and app install. I also got a notice to disable perimeter lighting due to battery drain issues. Is there a way to find out if this has been completed, or did the dealer just want to get the truck off the lot?
Sponsored