• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got a Ford Email! But it just "preapproves me" for financing to buy a vehicle that I can't even get

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm 35/22 first day and I got the financing email. I thought it was phishing spam so likely blacklisted a Ford email address.
How are you #35 out of 22 total?????
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I know this was a bit tongue-in-cheek and I am at a loss as to why the '22 F-150 B&P still isn't up, but if anyone actually wants to build one, just email your dealer and they can send you the order guide. I did just this a couple weeks ago when it became apparent that even though I put my Lightning reservation in within the first couple hours, there was no way I was going to get one this year...decided to pull the trigger on a Powerboost order and I'll see if I still really want a Lightning when the time comes.
It is odd, but Costco Auto has it lol

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
I know this was a bit tongue-in-cheek and I am at a loss as to why the '22 F-150 B&P still isn't up, but if anyone actually wants to build one, just email your dealer and they can send you the order guide. I did just this a couple weeks ago when it became apparent that even though I put my Lightning reservation in within the first couple hours, there was no way I was going to get one this year...decided to pull the trigger on a Powerboost order and I'll see if I still really want a Lightning when the time comes.
oh i know. i've already ordered a '21 received it and sold it and now have a '22 on order and waiting for it. There's just no reason for the build page not to be up by now.

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Do you know what the expected timeline is?

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
Do you know what the expected timeline is?
No, I don't have an expected timeline yet but I included the Platinum Black Appearance Package which is known to be "late availability" so I'm not expecting it anytime soon...July/Aug would be nice.

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
How are you #35 out of 22 total?
It's what my dealer told me. I'm 35th of their 22 allotment. March 19th reservation.

Don't think changing dealers will help. All the dealers are hoping the reservationists drop out so they can sell it for higher price to repeat customer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It's what my dealer told me. I'm 35th of their 22 allotment. March 19th reservation.

Don't think changing dealers will help. All the dealers are hoping the reservationists drop out so they can sell it for higher price to repeat customer.
Ah. I think everyone else is talking place in the reservation line (i.e. 10th in line out of 100 total reservations). Anything a dealer says on allocation numbers is a guess at this point (unless something has changed recently). Note: some dealers are confusing allocation vs. prioritization slots.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Ah. I think everyone else is talking place in the reservation line (i.e. 10th in line out of 100 total reservations). Anything a dealer says on allocation numbers is a guess at this point (unless something has changed recently). Note: some dealers are confusing allocation vs. prioritization slots.
While true, 22 wasn’t a number for priority slots. Maybe they got an allocation guesstimate from Ford.

Last edited:

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Anything a dealer says on allocation numbers is a guess at this point
There are several messages posted where dealers have told buyers where their reservation is in the dealers allocation line up.

I asked my dealer. He looked it up.

22 did not sound like a guess. Either did my place in that line, 35th.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I also got a pre-approval email. The funny part is that my FMC account also says that I'm per-approved, but for $15K more.

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Midmack, you actually going for a Lariat + ? Thats the one that makes the most sense between that and the xlt....can't believe the xlt + is 75k. Still wrestln with payment size on an 80k lariat too...dang. What are your thoughts on the lariat +?
Absolutely love it. It is exactly what I am looking for. The price is reasonable for all the options and potential. New trucks are expensive if your want the gadgets. The monthly payment will be a little painful, but that is why I am saving now to put a slightly larger down payment on it.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Midmack: yeah I agree. The lariat is sweet. Just didn't think I would ever get an 80k truck, but I do need the extra range. Too many situations with the model 3 I had. If I had 50 mote miles I. I could have made it home without stopping for a charge. That extra 70 miles will be beneficial, especially in cold weather. Thanks fir the response.?

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
I wish ford had the two tone color options available 9n the lariat and above trims. I think that would look good. I saw a powerboost lariat with AMB two tone and it looks damn nice.

Deleted member 9341

Mine said $105,000 but since I have been waiting on my Bronco since July 2020 I figured that was Fords way of saying " If you want a Bronco now , go pay ADM !"
Generally speaking ADM cannot go into financing. Generally…I have no doubt exceptions can be creatively made
Sponsored