Babbage

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
The Continental TerrainContact A/Ts are awful in the snow compared to the Falken, Goodyear, or Vredesteins....if you care about that. My company requires me to get Continentals on our vehicles. Living in Colorado, I was finally able to get some other brands approved.
The above is true, there are better tires when snow is main use. The TerrainContact A/T scored one point higher than the Hankooks in the snow. so that was a step up for me. (6.8 vs 7.8) I looked at all of the A/T tires on tire rack to decide. Wet and dry braking is nice. I noticed today when I turned and accelerate quickly the tires did not slip. I love them so far.
Sponsored

Ratchet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineering Supervisor
Nice looking tires. Its good they don't have straight grooves going all the way around. Here in Michigan, they groove the concrete lengthwise and EVERY vehicle, no matter truck, car or SUV I have driven tends to wander left to right on the highways when the tires have the channels running lengthwise that are not boke up. Feels like you can't hold the vehicle straight.

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
I replaced my OE Michelins with the Continental Terrain Contact A/Ts at about 42,000 miles. The Michelins probably had only 3/32" of tread left. These are super quiet and the wet traction is great. I've only had 1 snowfall to try them out in so far but the traction is much better than the Michelins. The fuel mileage might be 1 MPG less than the original tires but worn tires will always be slightly better than new ones. The ride might be slightly firmer but it's really hard to tell the difference. They have been on the truck for about 2,000 miles and I have nothing bad to say about these tires.

js312

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Director
I don't have any miles on my Hankooks yet - been running my winter set. I'll run them until they're worn.

When it's time, it's probably between these and the Michelin M/S2. I liked the Michelins on my last truck - not cheap, but quiet, long lasting, and good traction for every day driving.

I don't care about snow and ice traction because I run Blizzak DM-V2s in the winter.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I got 4 of these ROAD FORCE BALANCED yesterday! - My Hankooks only had 19,485 on them (Oh well) - I feel like I have a brand new truck again.
https://continentaltire.com/tires/terraincontact-at

Quiet, Great wet stopping distance, fairly aggressive tread. So far so good. This is what I wanted.
1.jpg

Only drawback - they are 3 pounds heavier than the Hankooks.

Also: I bought an OEM Grey 20" Wheel and had one of the old Hankooks on there. I told them to toss/recycle the 18" Steelie spare with the 500 mile rating.
2.jpg

I have these tires too. Highly rated, QUIET, Low Rolling Resistance, anti Hydroplaning, good wet, good Tread life, made in USA, Better looking and wider than Hankook. I also have dedicated SNOW Tires/Wheels for winter

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
Ummm, I wouldn’t run anything in the snow without the required snowflake rating and so best rated are the KO2’s, Toyo AT3’s and the Falken AT3/4’s. Most tires when new, are pretty sticky but the real test is 10-15k miles later to see if you still feel the same about them. Remember, SMOWFLAKE stamped only for the snow!
Sponsored