First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Good choice! Glad you like them! I have the same, went through the same factory sized Generals, NRG, BFG, landed on the Conti TC.
Sponsored

slow3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I got 4 of these ROAD FORCE BALANCED yesterday! - My Hankooks only had 19,485 on them (Oh well) - I feel like I have a brand new truck again.
https://continentaltire.com/tires/terraincontact-at

Quiet, Great wet stopping distance, fairly aggressive tread. So far so good. This is what I wanted.
1.jpg

Only drawback - they are 3 pounds heavier than the Hankooks.

Also: I bought an OEM Grey 20" Wheel and had one of the old Hankooks on there. I told them to toss/recycle the 18" Steelie spare with the 500 mile rating.
2.jpg

Full Size Spare - with 20K Hankook - This a factory 20" dark grey alloy wheel -SAME as the others.

4.jpg
I had them and loved them, though mine always balanced poorly. otherwise performed amazing and looked great too.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I wish someone made a tire like the Conti AT or Yoko G015 with a bigger lug along the edge and side wall.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems

Djansma

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 lariat
Occupation
Retired ford technician (40yrs)
I replaced my factory pirelli junk scorpion atr that came with my off road package and put on Cooper discover road trail AT really like them

Ford F-150 Goodbye Hankook - hello Continential TerrainContact™ A/T Tires IMG_0662

Sponsored

Papa Tiger

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
Had Hancook pickup tires for 20 years now, they seem to last about 4 years. Not a bad tire yet. I good. If I buy a truck with other, ok I will replace Originals when they wear with Hankook's most likely.

Papa Tiger

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
You suffered with out of balance tires? Goodness.
That usually means the guy didn't mount them on the rim and weights correctly. Tires have identifying colors on them for out of round, out of weight etc. and where to mount them in respect to the valve stem that also carries extra weight with the pressure sender and battery with it.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm seriously considering this tire for a 2024 regular cab short bed. Noise and wet grip/braking is most important in Florida..

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I got 4 of these ROAD FORCE BALANCED yesterday! - My Hankooks only had 19,485 on them (Oh well) - I feel like I have a brand new truck again.
https://continentaltire.com/tires/terraincontact-at
You probably could have got a few hundred for those 19K Hankooks, though I see you pulled one from the set to make a spare.
The Hankooks I've used in the past gave me easily 50K miles and probably would have been good for 60K if I wanted to go through another winter on them. We get some snow here in MN and I never had a winter driving issue with them but I'm not climbing mountain inclines and switchbacks around here.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
That usually means the guy didn't mount them on the rim and weights correctly. Tires have identifying colors on them for out of round, out of weight etc. and where to mount them in respect to the valve stem that also carries extra weight with the pressure sender and battery with it.
Nice post sir and underscores my confusion as to how the tires are to blame? Wouldn’t you drive back to the shop and have them balanced properly?

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
2nd set for me, just Fitted my new wheels with them in 275/60/r20

my first set is still in great shape but is a smaller 275/55/r20

i highly recommend them
IMG_1930.jpeg
What wheels are those? I really like them. Can you share the model and specs? Thanks

FrankSJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum 3.5 RR BAP, 2015 Mustang GT PP
What wheels are those? I really like them. Can you share the model and specs? Thanks
Hi Juan, thanks
They are the Fuel Flex 20 x 9. +20 offset ..called blackout

sorry ..Fuel Flux

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
well then the ones you mention must be really good, although you only mention manufacturers. I thought the Terrain Contacts did pretty good in our last snow, now I don't doubt you have more snow experience than I do, but seemed to me that for a non aggressive tread the terrain contact was a decent enough tire.
if I lived where I spent more time in snow I could see choosing a more aggressive tire, or perhaps a dedicated set of winter tires. but for an occasional snow and non aggressive off road driving did you still think the terrain contacts were no good?
Here it's more like wrap the truck in bubble wrap so the people with bald tires don't slide into in the rare snows we do get!

I've got did any off road stuff in my 23 yet but come spring I'm gonna run it over the fields and see how it does. I've had Firestone Destinations on my 4x4s for so long I'm not sure how the stock Hanooks are gonna do.

OP
OP
Babbage

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
I had them and loved them, though mine always balanced poorly. otherwise performed amazing and looked great too.
I look the extra step for a 'road force balance' its a hunter brand tire equipment. I took it to a good non-chain tire shop and the tech said the tires were really good to start with. These machines can tell if the tire has a defect to start with, which mine didn't. no scratches on the wheels, and they did the spare too.
Sponsored